d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1200420052006200720082039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 14 2017 03:21pm
Quote (nate321 @ May 13 2017 12:25pm)
thank youu. i will try to rest them for a couple weeks. anything i should do to help prevent it from coming back? perhaps jsut those exercises you mentioned?

Correct, and avoid hyperextension or unstable movements.
Gold: 770.00
May 22 2017 02:08am
Raynlads ever heard of muscle tearing from blunt impact?

Similar to how a boxers face splits when punched...

Bit of a 1/1,000,000 chance but some beta dove on me (as i was diving too) and im guessing his knee landed square on my calf. Physio says its torn, indeed hurts like hell, esp at night when i bump it or change position

edit: playing rugby, (scoring, of course).

Double edit: im color blind and really poor at seeing bruising but from what i can tell can see no bruising. But im talking 8/10 pain (8 days later now) and it wakes me up a few times every night

triple edit: alcohol makes me able to walk and dance with it. Mass regrets on sundays though

This post was edited by Excusemem8 on May 22 2017 02:12am
Gold: 570.00
May 22 2017 02:30am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 27 2017 07:31pm)
Unfortunately, this is par for the course with powerlifting routines and typical growth stimulating diets. Some have shown very good results with cutting carbs/sugar and increasing sleep, whereas others have been positive results from cycling keto every 6 months for around 4-5 weeks.

should i even bother practicing vacuums at all then? will it make any difference?
May 22 2017 12:24pm
Quote (Excusemem8 @ May 22 2017 04:08am)
Raynlads ever heard of muscle tearing from blunt impact?

Similar to how a boxers face splits when punched...

Bit of a 1/1,000,000 chance but some beta dove on me (as i was diving too) and im guessing his knee landed square on my calf. Physio says its torn, indeed hurts like hell, esp at night when i bump it or change position

edit: playing rugby, (scoring, of course).

Double edit: im color blind and really poor at seeing bruising but from what i can tell can see no bruising. But im talking 8/10 pain (8 days later now) and it wakes me up a few times every night

triple edit: alcohol makes me able to walk and dance with it. Mass regrets on sundays though

Muscle tears from blunt impact are rare...but more likely the cause of a hyperextension after the fact or during the impact. It's also possible that your muscle was contracted during the dive, and thus bone striking contracted muscle was enough to cause a micro tear to expand. Obviously, rest/ice/compression/elevation is necessary. If you are meticulous with R.I.C.E and take ibuprofen as necessary with plenty of water and omega 3, you should see tremendous improvement in 2 weeks. If you notice more pain, no improvement, or any further issues, get an MRI and go from there. You MAY require surgery (if that's the case).
May 22 2017 12:26pm
Quote (Bourse @ May 22 2017 04:30am)
should i even bother practicing vacuums at all then? will it make any difference?

Vacuums are just good for overall core work. They won't make your waist any smaller if you are adding muscle to the area.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
May 23 2017 02:10am
I couldnt go to the gym for nearly a month wanted to do some bodyweight exercise for fun

I started doing 75-100 push ups a day at home as well as some cardio and other things (different ones etc) for maybe about 16 days out of 21
I bought a pull up bar and did chin ups as well recently just because...lol I actually enjoy doing those unlike push ups lol

Then I took like couple days off from everything went back to the gym
Had not done push ups in a while now and just wanted to see how many I can still do after I took a break (was gonna be a one day thing)

and maybe 2-3 days ago I started doing them again and after some it seems like I have one arm much weaker than the other
I do push ups and theres one arm literally struggling more than the other to get me back up even tho I can still do many more
Like one arm gets up before the other or whatever...my positioning is good too

How do I fix this? havn't done any training where I train only one arm or anything like that to the point where one arm gets stronger

Anyway...After that first day, I took a day off just to test resting and did it again today and same thing...right arm struggle more than the other after couple push ups even tho im not tired and can still do many more
(Im right handed if it means anything) and both my arms are the same size when looking in the mirror etc lol
And im not injured -

This post was edited by Nevada on May 23 2017 02:11am
May 23 2017 08:27am
Quote (Nevada @ May 23 2017 04:10am)
I couldnt go to the gym for nearly a month wanted to do some bodyweight exercise for fun

I started doing 75-100 push ups a day at home as well as some cardio and other things (different ones etc) for maybe about 16 days out of 21
I bought a pull up bar and did chin ups as well recently just because...lol I actually enjoy doing those unlike push ups lol

Then I took like couple days off from everything went back to the gym
Had not done push ups in a while now and just wanted to see how many I can still do after I took a break (was gonna be a one day thing)

and maybe 2-3 days ago I started doing them again and after some it seems like I have one arm much weaker than the other
I do push ups and theres one arm literally struggling more than the other to get me back up even tho I can still do many more
Like one arm gets up before the other or whatever...my positioning is good too

How do I fix this? havn't done any training where I train only one arm or anything like that to the point where one arm gets stronger

Anyway...After that first day, I took a day off just to test resting and did it again today and same thing...right arm struggle more than the other after couple push ups even tho im not tired and can still do many more
(Im right handed if it means anything) and both my arms are the same size when looking in the mirror etc lol
And im not injured -

it's pretty normal to have a strong side and weak side. That being said, you can do individual exercises for the weaker side to bring it up to speed. Typically pushups are using a lot of triceps and chest with some front deltoids. As a result, you are most likely going to benefit from triceps work on that weaker arm. 2x per week in addition to regular training should be sufficient. At least 10 sets each time, with focus on hypertrophy, should be enough to stimulate additional growth for that arm.
Gold: 570.00
May 23 2017 05:40pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 22 2017 01:26pm)
Vacuums are just good for overall core work. They won't make your waist any smaller if you are adding muscle to the area.

Raynor, are you sure

because our King Rich Piana made a video once where he explained doing vacuum sets of 15 seconds will get his waist smaller, he then proceeded to do sets of 6 seconds

on a side note, a new gym comer that is a friend of mine is looking for a program, probably 3-4 days a weeK, general strength and condition, and he wants to lose weight cuz he has small fatty titties right now
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2017 07:27pm
hey Raynor,

Any tips on how to improve my front squats? I cant seem to squat with a shoulder width stance, which blows dick because I'd love to start doing proper power cleans and eventually snatches..

I cant figure out what the issue is, any ideas?
Gold: Locked
May 25 2017 05:22pm
I have a couple questions:
1. How much does Creatine actually do/help? and does it have any negative/bad effects?
2. Do you guys think it is best to do a full/dead hang while doing pull ups?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1200420052006200720082039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll