d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1193919401941194219432039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 56.00
Oct 6 2015 10:53pm
Had my first weekend of bmq (basic military qualification) and realized my pushups are GODAWFUL when done in a tempo/paused in different spots, they're actually just awful altogether. I need a pushup progression thing I can follow that won't interfere with my powerlifting (I do max effort bench on mondays and fridays) I want to be able to do enough pushups to the point where I can outdo my instructors and laugh at all my feeble squadmates as they whimper and cry.

plz halp.
Gold: 755.00
Oct 7 2015 06:32pm
Quote (WDZepplin @ Sep 25 2015 08:12pm)
Hey Raynor,

I was wondering if you could assist with a 2000-2500 calories meal plan since most of the ones you posted have foods i'm allergic to and i'm not sure what to swap them with. I'll be doing a cut to around 13 bf then bulk back up so i will simply adjust the quantites as i go along

Allergies are nuts, legumes (peas, beans and peanuts), fish and shelfish

Any help is appreciated and thanks for helping people around here

Just some stats on me just in case:
Height : 5 ft 10
Weight : 190
BF : 18% or near there

Cheers

Hey Raynor,

I was wondering if you could help with this.

Regards,
Gold: 12.60
Oct 8 2015 04:46am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sep 24 2015 04:01pm)
This is fairly vague.

To put things in simple terms - you need to burn more calories than your body is taking in (eating) in order to have fat loss. That being said, if you are exercising regularly, and still not losing fat, most likely you are eating too much or not exercising enough. In addition, types of foods, including macros, and general lifestyle choices, can also impact how much fat you gain/lose.

Increase protein, decrease carbs/fat, and lower overall calories by doing so. Furthermore, increase exercise to 5x per week, at least 1 hour per day, and you should start to see changes.

Avoid anything with sugar, avoid alcohol, and drink at least 1 gal of water per day.

I go to the gym 3 times a week
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
On those days i do : 20 minutes of cardio and about 50 minutes of muscles ( i only use machines, no dumbells or anything like that) and i do every muscle group 1 or 2 times.

On Sunday i go for a 40 minute jog.
Also i have sport on school which is about 3 hours a week.

I try to eat 6 times a day as often as possible.
1st meal : Brinta (Its milk with wheat) not sure if u know it.
2nd meal : Banana
3rd meal : 6 slices of bread (With butter + chicken breast or peanut butter)
4th meal : Apple + 1-2 slices of bread ( butter + chicken breast)
5th meal : I just eat what my parents cook, 1 piece of meat, vegtables and most of the time potatoes <-- yes i am dutch (netherlands) :D
6th meal : Some yoghurt

I only drink water and tea.

My question is
Am i able to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?
And if so is that possible with what i do/eat atm?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 9 2015 07:23pm
Quote (turtol @ Oct 7 2015 12:53am)
Had my first weekend of bmq (basic military qualification) and realized my pushups are GODAWFUL when done in a tempo/paused in different spots, they're actually just awful altogether. I need a pushup progression thing I can follow that won't interfere with my powerlifting (I do max effort bench on mondays and fridays) I want to be able to do enough pushups to the point where I can outdo my instructors and laugh at all my feeble squadmates as they whimper and cry.

plz halp.

The best way to increase pushups is to do 10 set failure max outs every single day that you DON'T train chest at the gym.

IE:

Set 1 - as many pushups until failure. Lock out, and then continue until failing again.

Set 2 - repeat set 1, approximately 5 minutes after set 1, try for ONE more pushups than set 1.

Set 3 - repeat same progress as set 2, trying to get one more rep

Set 4 - same

set 5 - same

At least 1-2 hours break between, then repeat 5 more sets just like above.

Also, as far as form goes, you need to try to keep your arms, lats, and chest all engaged simultaneously as if you are using your support muscles to maintain your straight back and cradle your bodyweight. The tighter you keep your arms to your lats, the more you will be able to do.
Oct 9 2015 07:26pm
Quote (WDZepplin @ Oct 7 2015 08:32pm)
Hey Raynor,

I was wondering if you could help with this.

Regards,

2,500 cals

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + green peppers and onions + 3/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked volume) + handful of mixed berries (any)
Meal 2 - 6 oz grilled chicken + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 1 large salad + 1 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 3 - 2 slices whole grain bread + 6 oz turkey + 1 oz of 2% cheese + 1tbsp mayo + veggies
Meal 4 - 6 oz grilled sirloin steak 90/10 or leaner (trim off the fat) + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 2 cups green veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil
Meal 5 - 40g protein shake + handful mixed berries + 1 slice whole grain bread + cream cheese/jelly (to taste)
Meal 6 - 3/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese + 1tsp heavy cream + handful mixed berries + cinnamon to taste

2,000 cals

Meal 1 - 2 slices whole grain toast + 40g protein shake + handful of berries
Meal 2 - 4 oz LEAN ground beef or steak + 1 cup broccoli + 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
Meal 3 - 1 large apple, 1 large banana, 40g protein shake
Meal 4 - 6 oz chicken breast + large green salad + olive oil and vinegar
Meal 5 - 6 oz turkey/chicken/lean beef + green beans + 1/2 cup of quinoa
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ blueberries

Oct 9 2015 07:30pm
Quote (JonaD3lol @ Oct 8 2015 06:46am)
I go to the gym 3 times a week
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
On those days i do : 20 minutes of cardio and about 50 minutes of muscles ( i only use machines, no dumbells or anything like that) and i do every muscle group 1 or 2 times.

On Sunday i go for a 40 minute jog.
Also i have sport on school which is about 3 hours a week.

I try to eat 6 times a day as often as possible.
1st meal : Brinta (Its milk with wheat) not sure if u know it.
2nd meal : Banana
3rd meal : 6 slices of bread (With butter + chicken breast or peanut butter)
4th meal : Apple + 1-2 slices of bread ( butter + chicken breast)
5th meal : I just eat what my parents cook, 1 piece of meat, vegtables and most of the time potatoes <-- yes i am dutch (netherlands) :D
6th meal : Some yoghurt

I only drink water and tea.

My question is
Am i able to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time?
And if so is that possible with what i do/eat atm?

Hello.

You will be able to lose some fat, but you need to reduce all the carbs are you eating, and increase your protein intake. Also, you need to start measuring what you are eating. 8+ slices of bread per day is a lot of carbs.

Try doing this instead:

1st meal : Brinta with 2 whole eggs
2nd meal : Banana or other fruit
3rd meal : 6 oz chicken breast + 2 slices of bread
4th meal : Apple + 4 oz chicken breast + 1 slice of bread
5th meal : 6 oz of meat, 1 cup cooked vegetables, and 1 medium/large potato
6th meal : 1 cup yogurt
Gold: 22.69
Oct 10 2015 04:06pm
Hey raynor,

My family and I all attend the same gym (Gold's). I pay for myself, and my parents pay for the rest of the family. My parents don't want me to pay for a membership and instead want me to be put under their family plan which would be cool because then I wouldn't be paying anything.

If I was able to go to Gold's while under my parents plan, I'm thinking about becoming a member at a crossfit gym near my house because they have specific equipment Gold's doesn't have.

I go to Gold's 4 days a week (Mon, Wed, Th, Fri) and do strength training. I'm wondering if there is a plan that could be concocted so I could still do strength training 4 days a week at Gold's AND go to the crossfit gym once or twice a week to do plyometrics/calisthenics/etc WITHOUT it being detrimental to the restoration of my body.
Gold: 1,200.00
Oct 11 2015 08:23pm
Hey Raynor,

could you make a meal plan and workout program for an older woman, my mom.
Shes 55, 5'2 and about 125 pounds.
Looking to shed a couple of pounds.
Access to the gym, and goes 4-5x a week.
Gold: 755.00
Oct 12 2015 07:01am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 9 2015 09:26pm)
2,500 cals

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + green peppers and onions + 3/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked volume) + handful of mixed berries (any)
Meal 2 - 6 oz grilled chicken + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 1 large salad + 1 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 3 - 2 slices whole grain bread + 6 oz turkey + 1 oz of 2% cheese + 1tbsp mayo + veggies
Meal 4 - 6 oz grilled sirloin steak 90/10 or leaner (trim off the fat) + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 2 cups green veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil
Meal 5 - 40g protein shake + handful mixed berries + 1 slice whole grain bread + cream cheese/jelly (to taste)
Meal 6 - 3/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese + 1tsp heavy cream + handful mixed berries + cinnamon to taste

2,000 cals

Meal 1 - 2 slices whole grain toast + 40g protein shake + handful of berries
Meal 2 - 4 oz LEAN ground beef or steak + 1 cup broccoli + 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
Meal 3 - 1 large apple, 1 large banana, 40g protein shake
Meal 4 - 6 oz chicken breast + large green salad + olive oil and vinegar
Meal 5 - 6 oz turkey/chicken/lean beef + green beans + 1/2 cup of quinoa
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ blueberries

Thanks a lot Raynor for your help
Much appreciated as always
Oct 12 2015 08:53pm
Quote (Shakti @ Oct 10 2015 06:06pm)
Hey raynor,

My family and I all attend the same gym (Gold's). I pay for myself, and my parents pay for the rest of the family. My parents don't want me to pay for a membership and instead want me to be put under their family plan which would be cool because then I wouldn't be paying anything.

If I was able to go to Gold's while under my parents plan, I'm thinking about becoming a member at a crossfit gym near my house because they have specific equipment Gold's doesn't have.

I go to Gold's 4 days a week (Mon, Wed, Th, Fri) and do strength training. I'm wondering if there is a plan that could be concocted so I could still do strength training 4 days a week at Gold's AND go to the crossfit gym once or twice a week to do plyometrics/calisthenics/etc WITHOUT it being detrimental to the restoration of my body.

Certainly!

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=380646120
4 day split for strength and clean bulking

Use that plan, and follow up with two days of plyos. Then take a full day of rest, and repeat. You will need at least 8-10 hrs of sleep per night and sufficient calories to sustain this plan, however.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1193919401941194219432039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll