d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1191019111912191319142039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 13 2015 04:14pm
Quote (cnbrkhancan @ May 13 2015 04:13pm)
Hey SKCRaynor,

First of all I wanted to thank you behalf of the community for the service you offer.

I followed your advices and daily diet and workout program that you made for me almost for a year now and I lost 39.7 lbs and built some muscles.

I currently look like this right now :

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2mopi80.jpg

As you can see I still have a lot of fat over my stomach and my waist and I really wanna get rid of it so badly and build some abs :)

I was wondering if you can help me with a better diet and workout program, in particular for abs and I am 25 years old, 5 feet and 11.26 inches tall, 170.86 lbs. I also wonder what should be the best weight values for me as I wanna have light to medium muscles as of right now except for the fact that I hunger for abs :D

Edit : Thank you "again" in advance.

Hello there.

Please try this diet:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=395333577
Keto Food List

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=410086673
Sample Keto Meals

Secondly for a workout plan:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=374981873
Cutting Workout Routine (5 day freeweights only)

Also do at least 30 minutes of cardio at the end of each weight lifting session, and 60 minutes of cardio on your days off from lifting.

Drink at least 1 gal of water per day!

Gold: 0.00
May 13 2015 09:05pm
What do you think about Betaine HCI with pepsin to maximize the potential of food?
Gold: 3,804.50
May 14 2015 09:45am
i love oranges, but i HATE the white encasing of the fruit.

so i buy oranges in a can and drain the sugar water out and rinse it. how do companies take this white stuff out to put it in the can? is there some chemical that reacts with the white stuff to get rid of it?
Gold: 25.65
May 14 2015 12:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 5 2010 12:41am)
Hey there.

Mon - Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, DB Flies, Preacher Curls, Seated Hammer Curls, EZ bar 21's

Tues - wide grip Lat pulldowns, cable rows, bent over BB rows, T-bar rows, skullcrushers, cable tricep pulldowns, and DB kickbacks

Weds - Squats, Laying leg curls, DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Standing Calf Raises, DB Front and Lat Raises (3 sets of each), DB shrugs, seated arnold presses, behind-the-head military press.

Thurs - incline DB press, flat bench DB press, DB pullovers, Cable flies 21's, Standing DB curls, High Cable curls, Olympic bar curls (standing)

Fri - Good Mornings, close grip lat pulldowns, DB lawnmower rows, Cable Rope Pulls, Close-Grip Dips, Cable Kickbacks, DB Tricep Extensions (seated)

Sat - Hack Squats, Seated Leg Curls, Leg Press, Donkey Calf Raises, Seated DB shoulder press, Straight-Arm cable pulldowns (Dickersons), BB shrugs

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

Hi Ray,

I was wondering if Cable Rope Pulls for Friday was the back workout where you replace the standard row grip with the rope or if you were talking about rope pull downs for triceps.

I also have a concern with friday's tricep days: For some reason after the close grip dips and then do the cable kickbacks as prescribed, my right tricep just next to my armpits feel funny as i contract during the cable kickback. funny as in very dull pain as if its almost done healing had there been an injury there and i'm stretching it and it procs pain (I don't think i ever injured it). This feeling has been consistent each Friday when i do this work out. The next day, I can't get it to hurt again no matter how i stretch my triceps or my arm or poke the area where the pain was on that friday. My Tuesday tricep days are fine and don't have any funny feelings. Is it just sore from the prior chest day so I'm feeling it again? Is it because of the close grip dips (it starts to feel during the dips but the cable kick back really makes it feel funny and concentrated)? Or do you suspect an injury? Any suggestions or thoughts in terms of preventive stretches or exercises or any diagnostic exercises should i try to see whats up? Its funny that it consistently happens only on my right arm so maybe injury?

This post was edited by leemyungbak on May 14 2015 12:48pm
Gold: 147.00
May 15 2015 09:04am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 14 2015 12:14am)
Hello there.

Please try this diet:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=395333577
Keto Food List

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=410086673
Sample Keto Meals

Secondly for a workout plan:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=374981873
Cutting Workout Routine (5 day freeweights only)

Also do at least 30 minutes of cardio at the end of each weight lifting session, and 60 minutes of cardio on your days off from lifting.

Drink at least 1 gal of water per day!

Cheers man much appreciated :)

By the way I want to maximize my protein gain while trying to keep my carb at the minimum. Can you suggest me a good isolated whey product that is rich on proteins and amino acids?

Thanks again and again in advance
Gold: 1,120.01
May 15 2015 11:30am
If I was to do 20-25 mins of HIIT right after my workouts, would you recommend having my shake (which includes BCAAs) prior to the HIIT, or is it okay after?
Gold: 849.09
May 15 2015 03:07pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 23 2015 08:48am)
Absolutely not! The altered form is the BEST way to go, especially if you notice that it conforms better to your body. The overall goal is to find a proper stance and overall positioning that maximizes muscle engagement and reduces/eliminates pain. Keep trying different methods until you find the absolute best that works for you.

I ended up taking 8 days off my routine to let my back rest. The pain became a major nuisance, and I felt it while walking, sitting, and sleeping. It is a pain in my lower right back that i BELIEVE is due to improper form. I think I may have been over arching my lower back in squats which lead to this.

The pain was 95% gone when I started again (yesterday), and I deloaded by 15% when I got back into it, making sure to do adequate warmup sets as always (increasing 50lbs at a time until I hit my 5x5 weight)... but the pain came right back. The heavier the weight, the more I noticed it, which further leads me to thinking it is from bad form. I made sure to keep my feet a little past shoulder width, toes pointed out, knees pushed out, and focused on keeping my lower back straight. I am doing high bar squats because low bar feels strange, I haven't ever done them before.

Now that the semester is over I have even more time to hit the gym, but with this pain I cant... I feel it in various exercises including barbell rows and overhand press and a little bit in deadlifts. Even when I pinch my shoulder blades together and lean back on the bench for bench press, I feel the lower right back pain while leaning back.

Is the only answer here to rest again until the pain is gone and then MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE my form is correct when I go back in? I've been squatting ever since high school and I like to think my form is at the very least pretty good... never had anybody tell me it was far off while being spotted. But then again, if it was correct, I wouldn't have this pain.

I have been seeing strength gains for the few weeks I have actually been on this routine ( link to post ) - but it kills me to skip days due to back pain, especially since I have to squat every time. Is this even normal? Would you suggest resting, recuperating, and retraining my form over altering my routine? Thanks!

May 15 2015 08:15pm
Quote (HeoK @ May 13 2015 11:05pm)
What do you think about Betaine HCI with pepsin to maximize the potential of food?

Depends on the person, but typically hardgainers will stand to benefit from this, as well as digestive enzyme supplements to maximum uptake of nutrients.
May 15 2015 08:19pm
Quote (carteblanche @ May 14 2015 11:45am)
i love oranges, but i HATE the white encasing of the fruit.

http://images.wisegeek.com/peeled-orange.jpg

so i buy oranges in a can and drain the sugar water out and rinse it. how do companies take this white stuff out to put it in the can? is there some chemical that reacts with the white stuff to get rid of it?

Processed and canned oranges are devoid of most of their nutrients. The "white stuff" as you call it, is the oranges membrane, which actually has very high levels of antioxidants and bioflavonoids. When processing oranges, besides going through a multitude of various measures, the actual orange meat and membrane will degenerate to some degree in the sugar syrup it sits in, once canned.
May 15 2015 08:22pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ May 14 2015 02:38pm)
Hi Ray,

I was wondering if Cable Rope Pulls for Friday was the back workout where you replace the standard row grip with the rope or if you were talking about rope pull downs for triceps.

I also have a concern with friday's tricep days: For some reason after the close grip dips and then do the cable kickbacks as prescribed, my right tricep just next to my armpits feel funny as i contract during the cable kickback. funny as in very dull pain as if its almost done healing had there been an injury there and i'm stretching it and it procs pain (I don't think i ever injured it). This feeling has been consistent each Friday when i do this work out. The next day, I can't get it to hurt again no matter how i stretch my triceps or my arm or poke the area where the pain was on that friday. My Tuesday tricep days are fine and don't have any funny feelings. Is it just sore from the prior chest day so I'm feeling it again? Is it because of the close grip dips (it starts to feel during the dips but the cable kick back really makes it feel funny and concentrated)? Or do you suspect an injury? Any suggestions or thoughts in terms of preventive stretches or exercises or any diagnostic exercises should i try to see whats up? Its funny that it consistently happens only on my right arm so maybe injury?

Rope Rows with the cable machine (for back).

It sounds like over exertion in the area regarding the tricep issue. I would substitute single arm cable tricep pulldowns for the kickbacks and see if you still feel the pain. If not, continue with those.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1191019111912191319142039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll