d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1187618771878187918802039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,685.00
Jan 22 2015 10:05am
Hey, Raynor,

I was trying to look through your thread to link to what I'm looking for, but I couldn't find it, so I'll just ask you for a suggestion instead.
I'm 26, 6'6", and about 235 lbs (probably sitting at about 12-14% body fat; I don't have good, accurate methods to measure here right now). 2 years ago, I was following your cutting keto diet, with a 3 day lift rotation, 6 on 1 off, and at the start of last year I hurt my shoulder and stopped for a bit. Over the last 4-5 months I've been casually lifting, probably 3-4 days a week, and I just started cutting with my girlfriend.

Unfortunately, since I share meals with my girlfriend and have been trying to get her into lifting (so I can watch form, safety, and motivate her), it is unfeasible for me to do the keto diet for cutting with her. I expect to have to cut for a while, but I'm not sure how efficient non-keto cutting diets are. So far (I have been tracking my intake), the caloric split is about 35% fat, 30% carbs, 35% protein. My girlfriend has no problem taking instruction for what lifts we will be doing, and I can come up with modified exercises, if she's unable to do some of them to start, but I was wondering what exercise/diet plan you would suggest for us?

(for reference, she is 5'9, ~185lbs, with a fair amount of muscle, probably looking to drop to 170lbs at the moment, I am looking to cut to about 200-205lbs, where I can bulk, and I expect my maintenance weight to be around 215lbs . . . I'm not sure how deluded I am, but those should be fairly accurate numbers)

/e/ I am also training to run short races with my girlfriend (she has done several marathons; I don't intend to run >10miles), and we have about a 90min window in the morning for workouts, so ~25 minutes is running right now. I can possibly do evening workouts to pick up things I miss, though with pharmacy school, who knows how the semester will turn out. The way I'm training right now for running, the 25 minutes is effectively HIIT anyways, so I imagine it will be fine.

Thanks for your help!
Take care,
Steven

This post was edited by sven00100 on Jan 22 2015 10:25am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 22 2015 09:27pm
Quote (Honestly @ Jan 22 2015 01:05am)
guess who's doing his undergrad for pre-med?

*this guy*

How ya been man? Last I heard with you, your roof was collapsing from water damage. Finish school? What's been up?

That's great to hear. Enjoy the pre-med part....that's the easiest step on the long road ahead.

I am currently doing my Residency - so yes, *school* is complete, but I'm not on my own yet.
Jan 22 2015 09:36pm
Quote (sven00100 @ Jan 22 2015 12:05pm)
Hey, Raynor,

I was trying to look through your thread to link to what I'm looking for, but I couldn't find it, so I'll just ask you for a suggestion instead.
I'm 26, 6'6", and about 235 lbs (probably sitting at about 12-14% body fat; I don't have good, accurate methods to measure here right now). 2 years ago, I was following your cutting keto diet, with a 3 day lift rotation, 6 on 1 off, and at the start of last year I hurt my shoulder and stopped for a bit. Over the last 4-5 months I've been casually lifting, probably 3-4 days a week, and I just started cutting with my girlfriend.

Unfortunately, since I share meals with my girlfriend and have been trying to get her into lifting (so I can watch form, safety, and motivate her), it is unfeasible for me to do the keto diet for cutting with her. I expect to have to cut for a while, but I'm not sure how efficient non-keto cutting diets are. So far (I have been tracking my intake), the caloric split is about 35% fat, 30% carbs, 35% protein. My girlfriend has no problem taking instruction for what lifts we will be doing, and I can come up with modified exercises, if she's unable to do some of them to start, but I was wondering what exercise/diet plan you would suggest for us?

(for reference, she is 5'9, ~185lbs, with a fair amount of muscle, probably looking to drop to 170lbs at the moment, I am looking to cut to about 200-205lbs, where I can bulk, and I expect my maintenance weight to be around 215lbs . . . I'm not sure how deluded I am, but those should be fairly accurate numbers)

/e/ I am also training to run short races with my girlfriend (she has done several marathons; I don't intend to run >10miles), and we have about a 90min window in the morning for workouts, so ~25 minutes is running right now. I can possibly do evening workouts to pick up things I miss, though with pharmacy school, who knows how the semester will turn out. The way I'm training right now for running, the 25 minutes is effectively HIIT anyways, so I imagine it will be fine.

Thanks for your help!
Take care,
Steven

Good Evening.

I do remember you, as well as your progress and training routine from before.

Given your new circumstances, if you are looking to work out WITH your girlfriend, doing the same general routine (obviously with different weight limits), you should stick to the basics.

Mon-Sat, 6 day split

Mon - Chest/Bis (Bench Press, Incline DB Press, DB Flies, Olympic Curls, DB Curls, Seated Hammer Curls)
Tues - Back/Tris (Deadlifts, Lat Pulldowns, Rows, Tricep Kickbacks, Skullcrushers, Close-Grip Dips)
Weds - Shoulders/Legs (Military Press, Front/Lat Raises, Shrugs, Squats, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Calf Raises)
Thurs - Repeat Mon
Fri - Repeat Tues
Sat - Repeat Weds
Sun - OFF

Set/Rep scheme should be 12/10/8/6, going up in weight, with each set, for a total of 4 sets per exercise.

Do 30 mins of cardio immediately post workout (HIIT preferred)

As for diet, you should stick to around 2,200 cals on non-workout days, and 2,600 cals on workout days. Shoot for 40/20/40 on NON-workout days, and 35/40/25 on workout days (pro/carb/fat)

For your girlfriend, 1,700 cals on non-workout days, and 2,000 cals on workout days. Same macro loadout as above.

Good luck!

Gold: 12.60
Jan 23 2015 04:39am
Hey Raynor,
I wanted to start working out at home.
Im 17 years old and weigh about 70kg (154 lbs) and about 1.75m.
I want to lose some fat and gain some muscle.
I can only workout at home. I have somebells but i can buy some cheap equipement if thats necessary. ( 100 euros+-). But there are alot of wlrkouts with only dumbells right?

I just want a good workout schedule and i want to kknow what to eat.
I would be so happy if you could help me .
Gold: 1,556.68
Jan 24 2015 12:04am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 22 2015 09:27pm)
That's great to hear. Enjoy the pre-med part....that's the easiest step on the long road ahead.

I am currently doing my Residency - so yes, *school* is complete, but I'm not on my own yet.

what are your shifts? managing to get any sleep? What part of your residency are you on? or is it all surgical?

I can't wait for medical school. I think that will be the best part if,God willing, I get in. Sitting on a 4.0. Gonna get involved in research projects this semester and do volunteer work when I can.

I used to work 80+ hour weeks in the Texas summer sun. I think I can handle a residency. But I've gotta get there first.

This post was edited by Honestly on Jan 24 2015 12:06am
Gold: 4.20
Jan 24 2015 02:33am
hi i need abs workout to get ripped abs :P dont know what to do i like to do situps but i hate crunches cross lol

my weight was like 240 with like 33% 5 months ago and now im like 16-18% fat

This post was edited by GymFreax69 on Jan 24 2015 02:35am
Jan 24 2015 07:29am
Quote (JonaD3lol @ Jan 23 2015 06:39am)
Hey Raynor,
I wanted to start working out at home.
Im 17 years old and weigh about 70kg (154 lbs) and about 1.75m.
I want to lose some fat and gain some muscle.
I can only workout at home. I have somebells but i can buy some cheap equipement if thats necessary. ( 100 euros+-). But there are alot of wlrkouts with only dumbells right?

I just want a good workout schedule and i want to kknow what to eat.
I would be so happy if you could help me .

Good Morning!

First of all, here is my bodyweight exercise list:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

Secondly, assuming you have ONLY dumbbells, you are extremely limited. If you have a BENCH with the dumbbells, you gain a lot more potential exercises.

As a result, to keep everything cheap, I would advise that you get adjustable dumbbells (5-100 lb) like the bowflex, as well as an adjustable bench. That would be the absolute cheapest solution for you.

You could then do the following exercises

Chest - DB Press, DB incline Press, DB Decline Press, DB Flies, DB Pullovers, Bench/Chair Dips, and Pushups (close and wide grip).

Back - DB Deadlifts, Bent Over DB Rows, DB Wide Rows, Lawnmower Rows, Pullups/Chinups, DB Back Flies

Shoulders - DB Shoulder Press (seated), Arnold Press, Front Raises, Lat Raises, DB, Standing DB Press, Rear Delt Raises, DB Upright Rows, DB Shrugs (side and front)

Legs - DB Squats, DB Lunges, and DB Calf Raises.

Arms - DB Curls (standing/seated), DB Hammer Curls, DB Reverse Curls, Concentration Curls, DB 21's, DB Kickbacks, DB Skullcrushers, Close grip chair/bench dips, Diamond Pushups, and Standing 1 arm DB extensions

You can train at least 4 exercises per muscle group, with at least 4 sets of each, going up in weight each set. The exception is legs, where you will train 5 sets of each of the 3 exercises.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jan 25 2015 10:41am
2 Questions about sodium I always wondered

Let's say you consume like 5000 sodium in like 3 hours
You drink 1 gallon water to flush it all
Does it matter if u drank 90% of the water like 3-4-5 hours before u eat so much sodium or it only takes effect after?

Also if u eat 5000 sodium and u don't drink anything, 24-48h after can u still flush it all out easily by drinking water or its harder?

thanks!
May sounds like I dont know shit bcuz it is! lel
Jan 25 2015 12:41pm
Quote (Honestly @ Jan 24 2015 02:04am)
what are your shifts? managing to get any sleep? What part of your residency are you on? or is it all surgical?

I can't wait for medical school. I think that will be the best part if,God willing, I get in. Sitting on a 4.0. Gonna get involved in research projects this semester and do volunteer work when I can.

I used to work 80+ hour weeks in the Texas summer sun. I think I can handle a residency. But I've gotta get there first.

Please PM me with any further replies, so we can keep the thread clutter free!! :)

to answer your questions:

I just started residency in the ER (emergency medicine), so no, I haven't began actual surgery yet.

Sleep is very difficult. 5 hours a night is the average it seems. Shifts differ at this point, but I'm supposed to have an actual schedule starting in February.

Jan 25 2015 12:41pm
Quote (GymFreax69 @ Jan 24 2015 04:33am)
hi i need abs workout to get ripped abs :P dont know what to do i like to do situps but i hate crunches cross lol

my weight was like 240 with like 33% 5 months ago and now im like 16-18% fat

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

You also are going to need to lose more fat. 12% BF or lower is required for visible abs.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1187618771878187918802039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll