d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 27 2008 09:25pm
Body Info

6"1
185 LB
16 Years Old

With about 30 Min's to 1 Hour...what is a lite weigh/mid intense workout I can do in my bedroom or even on a bike.

Can still lose about 20-30 Lb's.

All help will be thanked with fg.!
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2008 09:26pm
Quote (Elysia @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:24pm)
Sorry, One last question. Ok, so like you said eat cottage cheese before i go to bed, would that be like right before i go to bed or a couple hours before? All im trying to do is drop my body fat 1 or 2 percent, Not a lot since im already at like 12%.

Absolutely - you want to eat it literally right before bed. This helps your body sustain metabolism and prevent muscle catabolism during sleep. Professional bodybuilders wake themselves up every 3 hours to drink a protein shake (Jay cutler even does cardio in the middle of the night in preparation for MR Olympia)

Anyway yes...right before bed. Eventually buy some BSN Syntha-6 protein and drink a shake of that before bed, it lasts for almost 5 hours of digestion time.
Jul 27 2008 09:28pm
Quote (S3th @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:25pm)
Body Info

6"1
185 LB
16 Years Old

With about 30 Min's to 1 Hour...what is a lite weigh/mid intense workout I can do in my bedroom or even on a bike.

Can still lose about 20-30 Lb's.

All help will be thanked with fg.!

Hey there Seth,

Well first to answer your question and give you a good light-mid intensity workout that you can do for 30-60 mins/day I will need to know a few things.

You said your 6'1 185 - thats pretty good height to weight ratio. Are you looking to get bigger and stronger (without gaining fat) or looking to trim some fat and cut up existing muscle?

Basically tell me your body goals, and I'll give you the best exercise plan you can do with just your own body and things around the house.

thanks
Jul 27 2008 09:39pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:28pm)
Hey there Seth,

Well first to answer your question and give you a good light-mid intensity workout that you can do for 30-60 mins/day I will need to know a few things.

You said your 6'1 185 - thats pretty good height to weight ratio. Are you looking to get bigger and stronger (without gaining fat) or looking to trim some fat and cut up existing muscle?

Basically tell me your body goals, and I'll give you the best exercise plan you can do with just your own body and things around the house.

thanks

Ok thanks, sent all you need I hope in a pm biggrin.gif
Jul 27 2008 09:54pm
do you happen to know the difference between natural peanut butter and regular? the nutrional facts are nearly identical for them (i'm taking organic peanut butter atm btw, is it the same thing?)
thx
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Jul 27 2008 10:29pm
Quote (ant885 @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 03:54am)
do you happen to know the difference between natural peanut butter and regular? the nutrional facts are nearly identical for them (i'm taking organic peanut butter atm btw, is it the same thing?)
thx

organic= costs more! heh
Gold: 5,845.00
Jul 27 2008 10:33pm
does squats / deadlifts stop you from growing ?
or is there any other exercices you're aware of that will stop your growing ?

thanks
Jul 27 2008 10:38pm
[QUOTE=S3th,Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:39pm]Ok thanks, sent all you need I hope in a pm biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]

thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes I am looking to trim some fat and cut up existing muscle. I do have free weights mabye up to 40-50 Lb's...

Body Goals it to just "healthy" be in a good shape. Flat belly "not a 6pack yet tho." bigger arms and strenghen other parts of my body like calf's and thighs[/QUOTE]

Hey there -

Sounds good, that's exactly the thing everyone in this country needs to be doing. well okay - this might get long, but I'll try to keep it brief and address each point individually -

Nutritional Health -

For a man of your weight and height - eat about 2,000 calories a day (try not to go over or under by 100 cal) Make sure to get most of it from high quality lean protein (fish, chicken, lean beef, eggs, protein shakes) and Good Fats (fish, eggs, avocado, olive oil, etc)

Eat 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day, spread out into 20% per pound increments. For you, you weigh 185 - we'll round that up to 190. that means you need to take in at least 380g protein per day. Split that up to 40-50 grams per meal.

Make sure to eat only about 100grams of carbs per day...split up in your first 3 meals (mostly at breakfast). Good complex carbs include: Oatmeal, whole grain bread, whole grain cereals (watch the sugar! shredded wheat and 100% bran are good ones), Whole grain english muffins, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Pasta, Veggies (especially sweet potatoes), and Beans.

Watch the sodium! Sodium makes you retain water which gives the appearance of being bloated or fat when in truth you are not. Make sure to consume no more than 2g (2,000mg) of sodium per day, balanced with at least 2,000mg of potassium (ideally 4g potassium to 2g sodium).

Eat plenty of good fats (olive oil, nuts, fish, eggs, etc)

Watch the foods in general! Make sure to eat good whole foods and protein shakes - avoid the fast food and processed foods (as well as restaurant foods unless you order very specific healthy things - like grilled chicken breast on top of a salad).

Eat every 2-3 hours (no longer, no sooner!) to optimize your metabolism for perfect building of muscle and burning of fat.

STOP EATING SUGAR! The only sugar you should eat is in the form of fresh fruits. If you have a sweet tooth or love soda (like me) switch to diet and sugar-free foods. Get Xylitol or Splenda sweetner for your stuff also, its calorie free and safe.

Supplementation

Make sure you supplement! Your body needs certain nutrients not found adequately enough in food - I reccomend the following:

Multi Vitamin (NOW! Adam is the best)
Omega Fatty Acids to take with every meal for Essential fatty acids (NOW! Omega 3-6-9 is the best)
Protein Shakes (For simple lean mass, Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is the best)
30 minutes in the sun every day (For vitamin D support)
at least 1 gallon of water per day (I recommend bottled spring water like zepheryhills brand spring water)

I recommend using www.bodybuilding.com to buy these, you can also find coupon codes for that website on google and save 10%.

Exercise Plan

For the goals you specified, and given the weights you mentioned having I can provide you a perfect plan for gaining lean muscle and losing fat mass.

Every-Other-Day-Split -

Monday - (chest and back) -

5 sets of pushups (set 1 wide-grip, set 2 medium-grip, set 3 diamond-grip which is where your thumbs and index fingers touch forming the shape of a diamond between your two hands, set 4 low-grip, set 5 high-grip) this works all parts of the chest.
Do all 5 sets of pushups until failure (if you fail on the 8th rep for example, take a break, then move onto the next set)

Dumbell Chest Flies - (Lay on you back, grab some light dumbells 15-20 lbs max and extend your arms and make it look like you're hugging a barrell) an illustration of this exercise can be found here http://www.weight-lifting-workout-routines.com/dumbbell-flies.jpg
Do 5 sets of this 15 reps each set. Make sure to squeeze your chest tightly with each rep and feel the blood rushing to your chest. Go up in weight starting at 10 lbs in each hand and finish somewhere around 20-25 lbs each hand. Modify as necessary.

Dumbell rows - (grab a dumbell and do 5 sets for each arm - this exercise can be found here http://www.mothernature.com/images/library/books/PeakCond/Back-6b.GIF) Do a total of 5 sets for each arm (total of 10 sets) with 10-15 reps for each set. Go up in weight, starting at 25-30 lbs, and go up to 40-50 lbs.

Deadlifts - Find something in your house thats heavy (with even weight distribution) with the ability to grip it evenly on both sides (a good item for example is the end of your bed). Proceed to bend at the knees, lock your back, and lift with your back and legs at the same time. Really squeeze your back while doing this for 5 total sets.

Tuesday -

NO WEIGHTS, DO ABS AND/OR CARDIO! Go Bike riding or jog/swim for 30-45 minutes and/or do crunches/situps for 100-200 reps total.

Wednesday - Legs and Shoulders

5 sets of leg lunges - (http://www.philkaplan.com/transformpages/exerciseillustrations/lunge.jpg) make sure to use enough weight that you can feel a burn, but no pain! Also do roughly 15 reps before taking a break and beginning a new set.

OR

5 sets of dumbell squats - (http://www.bodybuilding.nl/usa/fotos/workouts/oefeningen/39.gif) - do light weight but enough that you feel a burn, and do this for 15-20 reps and burn your legs out! (you can do this exercise in substitution for the lunges if it suits you better)

5 sets of one-leg calf raises - Stand on one leg (with or without weight depending on the strength of your calves) and go up on your toes (of one leg) while the other leg is elevated or wrapped around the other. Squeeze the calf vigorously and feel the pump with each rep. Do 5 sets on each leg until total failure.

5 sets of dumbell shoulder shrugs - GO SLOW and do 15-20 reps, making a motion like you're shrugging when someone asks you a question that you don't know the answer to. exercise can be found here (http://www.la-fitness.nl/web/oefeningen/dumbell_shoulder_shrugscopybig.jpg)

5 sets of dumbell shoulder presses - go slow, do 15 reps for each set. Make sure to squeeze the shoulders at the top and feel the front portions of your shoulders getting burned out before you finish. (http://www.building-muscle101.com/images/dumbel_press.jpg)

Thursday

NO WEIGHTS, DO ABS AND/OR CARDIO! Go Bike riding or jog/swim for 30-45 minutes and/or do crunches/situps for 100-200 reps total.

Friday - ARMS ARMS ARMS!

5 sets of BICEP CURLS! - if you have a bar use it...if not, use independent dumbells in each hand. Put a decent amount of weight for you, and pump the biceps heavilly. Feel like each bicep is a baloon filling with air about to explode with each rep. (http://www.pro-weight-training.com/Big/alternate_dumbell_curl%20copybig.jpg)

5 sets of tricep kickbacks with dumbells - do 15-20 reps on each arm....focus on keeping your elbow and shoulder in-line and flexing the tricep until it feels like its going to explode. (http://www.building-muscle-101.com/images/triceps_kickback_1.png)

5 sets of hammer curls - same as bicep curls except you keep your thumbs pointing up and work the forearms and brachials along with the biceps. (http://blogs.nypost.com/40by40/hamercurl.jpg) do 5 sets of 15 reps and pump pump pump!

5 sets of dips - These can be done with two chairs or one. Two examples can be found here: http://www.bodyresults.com/_iexer/S2Clim9.jpg and also here http://img.timeinc.net/health/i/200712/c2strength2_225.jpg - do 5 sets of 15 reps, and squeeze the triceps on each rep. by the time you're done your arms will feel like jello (if you did everything correctly)

Saturday -

Sunday - TOTALLY OFF, NO WORKOUT, REST UP! AND BEGIN AGAIN ON MONDAY!!!

Ok that should cover everything. Make sure to stretch before working out for 10-15 minutes, light stretching to avoid injury. It would also be best to drink a protein shake before and after workout for optimal muscle growth and anti-catabolic properties.

You will DEFINITELY see results with this plan.

any more questions ask me!

-SKCRaynor
Jul 27 2008 10:40pm
Quote (ant885 @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:54pm)
thx

Yes...Organic besides costing more has to be grown under certain conditions without chemical pesticides etc. Not really very important.

However, for optimal health, nutrition, and overall fitness - get yourself GOOD peanut butter...its called Power PB (or Powerbutter)

It can be purchased at LOTS of online merchants...check it out at http://www.powerbutter.com/

Huge nutritional value, and delicious!
Jul 27 2008 10:45pm
Quote (Elyran @ Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:33am)
does squats / deadlifts stop you from growing ?
or is there any other exercices you're aware of that will stop your growing ?

thanks

hey there...

Absolutely not - this is a total myth. Your growth patterns are not affected by lifting correctly...but by injury. The best bet is to lift lighter weights as your growing, gradually working up to heavier weights as to stay safe and avoid injury. Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, etc - will not stun your growth in any way! Make sure to use proper form, and go lighter with more reps until you are adept at the exercise to avoid injury. Also make sure to stretch and eat properly!
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll