d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Pro Druid Guide > repost. for those who havent seen it.
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 12 2006 05:43am
@ ULTIMATE OG's DRUID GUIDE @
THIS GUIDE IS MADE FOR DRUID WITH BLOCK Option***
AND No BM ABSORB.

1.Intro
2. +'s n -'s
3.Stats
4.Skills
5.Gear
6.Additional INFO
7.@@BRIEF@@ Dueling Strategies
8. fhr/fcr brake points

1. INTRO:

OK why i wrote this guide??
Well there is many reasons, i guess most important many people asked me to make
one and honestly there is no good druid guide so far; at least not the ones I heard of.
this guide will be detailed as possible, with brief dueling startegies etc for those who
think to make a druid and for those who need some help, or maybe wanna improve their
dueling skills.
this built is meant for Pvp and Baaling(only when u lvl urself).
Its not a cheap built so if u dont lvl him*** AND get all gear u wont be as effective as you
can.
Stars next to some sentences/words will be explained in additional info.
Im not writing all stats on the item..I guess you should know it.

OK lets get it started:

2. +'s n -'s:

+'s:
- cyclone armor, absorbs alot of elemental dmg which is very usefull vs sorcs trapsins and
especially fohers
- oak, boost ur regular life by alot %, u should get around 200%
- SUmmons, these are very helpful in duels***
- Hurricane, well freezes some ppl and also may lag:D
- Huge Life, thats how u can outtank Alot of pvp players:D

-'s:
- short range of attacks (tornado)
- well i guess thats it:D

3. STATS:

-str, nothing!
-dex, nothing! or enough for block switch
-Vita, ALL
-Mana, nothing! u should get about 1k vs casters 600-700 vs melee setups

4. SKILLS:

- max following:
a)Tornado
b)Twister
c)Hurricane
d)Cyclone armor
e)Oak

1 point into following:
- both type of wolves and Grizzly***

5. GEAR:

Caster setup:
-armor: mage or BP enigma (775 +def 15ed is best option)
-Helm: any druid Pelt with 2skills/3tornado/10 fhr Base/2os SHAELED will be best option
(if cant afford get 1os)
-Weapon: Wizspike 7fhr/-15 req JEWEL
-Shield: Spirit Monarch 35% fcr
-Belt: 120ed Arachnid
-Boots: Grim Spurs
-Gloves: Magefists
-Amulet: armageddon fletch*** (why i think its best u may read below)
-Rings: 10fcr/Life/mana/Res/fire res rings (u lack fire res due to spirit and grims
(just to stack it little more))

Inv:
- 9x elemental Lifers, (i would recommend 30+, in this built u aim for 7k+ life)
- 35+ stats anni and druid torch***
- 20/5 scs or 20life scs, up to u.

switch: 6bo cta and any spirit monarch
END UP With: 163fcr, 99fhr, 6.6k-6.7k life,6.1k dmg

Melee Setup ***:
everything the same beside:
-weapon: hoto
-Shield: StormShield "Jah"***
-Gloves: Bloodfists (40 life ,fhr boost best u can get)
END UP With: 6.5k DMG, 7K life, 42 dr, 99fcr

Extra Gear***:
-2/20fcr/res/w/e u want, Circlet
-ThunderGods Belt
- Infernoside Boots
- 3x 12fhrs gcs
- some fhr scs with lite/fire res ***
-2x 20dex ravens
-20dex gloves(life mode would be nice)
-2/20fcr/20+dex circlet

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Here all Stars will be explained.

1.Guide with block option:

-well i decided to make block option druid bc only problems u may have is ww chars
and it happens rarely anyway.......and i bet most of D2 players dont vs TOP
WW chars
-saevs u tons of life too.
- if u want block just get 2x 20dex ravens dex cirlcet ETC.

2. WHY leveling important:

- 94 is least u aim for, because u wanna get all 3 different summon.
- lvl 6 wolves got only 71 life without other summons which give them synergy,
by leveling 2 more lvls u make ur lvl 6 wolves life 5x higher!
(352 or something like that) which with bo + oak gives well above 1k life on each of the wolves

3. Summons useful in duels:

- 5 Dire wolves is secret weapon vs hammers btw they save ur ass alot many times,
also more summons= more lag for some of ur opponents
- Grizzly seems useful vs some bc it knocks back and huge life
(2.9k without bo/oak with my gear)

4. why u need 35+ stats total with anni and torch:

- so at lvl 94 u dont have to use any + str Rings, so its easier to just look around
for fcr/life, instead additional str.

5. Melee setup:

-well here is a trick, vs some wwsins u use melee vs some other dont,
wwsins who uses Wake Of Fire or Alot of MB ull need 163fcr/152fhr unless they sux
( i believe for wizardspike there is that brakepoint intead 174 bc its not swing
weapon like hoto.
-well u can just use spirit sword and 2x 12fhr for 174 if u dont lack res.
-vs regular sucky ones or no mb/wof use melee setup

6.why Jahed Stormshield:

- well with ur boost of % to life (~about~ 275% total with bo n oak)
ull get 175-190 life from jah inside SS.
what i calculated that much +life will save u more than 8% dr.
u need about 10k dmg + melee opponent to make ber more usefull.(dont ask it lots of
calculations)

7. Why i think Armageddon Fletch> 2druid/18 or+ fcr ammy:

-'s:
-about 300dmg less

+'s:

-55 +life (200++ total)
-59 +mana (we want more mana = more tele and attacking without potting)
-18 +str helps u alot (u dont have to use any str+ on ur fcr rings if u also got
total of 35 stats on anni/torch)
-23 + all res (self-explanatory)
- cheaper.
now think how many of mods u can get on druid 2/18 or + fcr ammy if u even find 1?
biggrin.gif

8. Extra Gear:

- very, very useful vs. TOP fire or lite sorcs(well barely will find 1)
and any trapsins.
its legit to have 85% res, not BM
use circlet + 1 fhr sc + lite res vs lite chars (trapsin mostly) so u still reach
163fcr/99fhr brakepoints
- fhr gcs so u reach one more fhr brakepoint while having 163fcr. vs really annoying
stuning opponents.

and here we come to part we all love the most of all:

7.@@BRIEF@@ Dueling Strategies!!!:

It will be divided into newb, medium and hard/top dueling chars for each character
so there will be usually 2-3 different ways of beating each char depending,
of how good ur opponent is.
somethimes u may see bonus strategies vs @SPECIAL@ chars:DD

AMAZONS:

use 163/99 gear and 5 wolves.
1k++ life on wolves after bo n oak will make it shield of meat against arrows.
in case all of them die(rarely happens if u good) go away n recast rofl so ez.

Bowzons:

-(newb)- well these dont do much; spam guided, rarely multi.
Tele on top of them and kill use 163/99 gear and 5 wolves.

-(medium)- wow these actually can run around! they will use guided or if they are
pretty smart they will try to pk u from distance with multi.
well what u do is: tele in their direction, use around tele to them so they dont hit
u with multi.
tele on top and kill. if they move away, TELE ON FRONT OF THEM NOT ON TOP and kill.

-(hard/top)- well they really cant be hard all they can do is run in different
directions when u try to NL or tele on top of them. well u need some patience and
get in front of them cast few tornados and constantly chase them when u catch them
once, they will most likely die due to dodge desynergy or some other shit.

Javazons:

-well no special strategies for those, u gotta watch out for fury bc it can easly
kill ur minons + oak so just avoid javelins tele on top or front them and kill them.
cs wont hurt u bc b4 they brake ur cyclone armor ull catch them in dodge or stun.

@SPECIAL@:

tele switch Bowzon:
well simply after they bo or somethin they will use fcr items
on switch, whats hard about them is good timing to catch (when they switch btwn gears)
well u wont meet those, just in case:DD ( i meet one in 3months of dueling and
they r pain in ass).

CS far cast zons:
well use thundergods + circlet and catch them b4 they get lock on u.
these may be some challenge but ull beat them bc u tele alot faster, and if they r/w
ull front them. In case they catch u in farcast tele away fast so lock brakes.

ASSASINS:

Trapsins:
circlet + thundergods

-(newb)- well she cast traps and dont know what to do. tele on top of them and kill

-(medium)- these will probably run alot around traps which is damn annoying or try
to tele and make traps, occasionally use mb, but with
85% res u can tank like 15 shots of 15kdmg traps + u got wolves cyclone n spirit,
same as vs zons front them and cast few tornados, repeat until they r dead
(usually need 1 try) u may cast bear on front of u and imedietally attack her so
traps attack bear and u try to kill sin, but really the first option is enough

-(hard/top)- well hard ones got nice shadow who mb u alot they tele know how to nl
and trap close to u + they mb u also. well i takes practice. You gotta tele alot and
when u find occasion to attack, means u see them in corner of ur screen ,
nl or tele on top and repeat, u have to be keep moving. If they are agressive move
alot or lure them then switch direction of tele and try nl or tele top again.
dont stay too long in traps area.
vs tops well u must be really good to win, but as we know its hard to find gosu chars
for regular player (unless u r in some bigger clan)

WWsins:
any option of gear, more fcr/fhr if more skilled wwsin

-(newb/medium)- newbs u can just out tank, or move back they will ww on u ROFL, its JK
mediums may try to DF you or mb from time to time so just avoid their wws and cast tornados

-(hard/top)- well these know how to combine mb/df/shadow and wof
really good WWsins will try to catch u in stun of wof + mb so thats why last fhr and fcr brakepoints come handy,
u can brake away after a couple of hits.
well the idea is to check out where they lay down their wof, if it isnt in ur range and u see WWsin
attack, but stay in mid-distance to avoid WW. and also tele alot so they dont mb u until u puke.
Well Top or really skilled wwsins are real pain in ass worst char ull ever duel.
there is alot more to write about vsing them bc of combinations of attacks they may use, but u gotta figure that 1 out by urself.

Kicksins:

same as wwsins but u may tele on top of them bc they dont WW and shouldnt brake from
ur tornados. use bear for knockback from time to time.

BARBARIANS:
99fcr/42dr setup
use Bear for maybe lucky knockback.

Fort-barbs:

these should stay in melee, they cant tele so they cant do shit, make them eat ur tornados
avoid wws.

Enigma BARBS:

-(newbs)- well same strategy as newb WWsin; newb barbs dont got idea about leap even exist + they will try to tele on u.
avoid wws, cast tornados in ur direction and kill.

-(medium)- here u must keep ur attention to what u doing, they may leap or they wont
tele on u. So all u do is tele around and keep them in corner of ur screen, then at some time they will try to attack;
so u step to the side cast tornados in thier direction and repeat. if they catch u in leap stun just tele away b4 they tele on u
if u good they wont be fast enough to tele and ww u. when they have low life try to tele
close to them and cast 1-2 tornados to finish.

-(hard/tops)- really rare to meet, ive seen like maybe 5 competitve barbs who can actually kill good druid.
few best know how to nl u so there, teleing away after they tele-ww on u, wont work.
U must tele farther away to brake nl; if they keep chasing (but without nl already) cast few tornadoes that may hit them
. Vs most barbs good idea is to not show alot of movement when they are in any corner of ur screen.
It often confuse them to attack while u can step to the side and cast tornado.
If u ever meet really good barb u gotta move fast around and dont let them nl
u and ww or zerk(if they catch u in zerk its over).
So far i met one barb that was really F***** hard to beat.
Also if u meet really fast r/w Tele barb move around little more bc their ww speed is lots faster than regular.
I leave rest up to u.

DRUIDS:
well vs elem druids u may use either one of the gears its just ur preference
use Bear

Melee druids:

ez, nothing else:DD

Windy druids:

- I wont divide those into newb/medium etc........i dont duel lots of them.
I know that stupid ones will tele on u which = auto death for them
Whenever u duel windy druids never tele on them bc even stupid ones will kill u
What u gotta do is kill their oak and when they decide to recast it tele on them and its over most likely.
if they are good u have to practice alot of teling behind their back (opposite direction of their tornadoes)
and trying to hit them.
Dueling Most windys is confusing bc there is so much tornadoes around and stuff and u cant really get close.
1st. u gotta aim for their oak
2nd. if they try to recast jump them (always keep them on ur screen)
3rd. vs betters use "behind back" strategy or try to cut of they tele direction,so
they may land close to u and eat few tornados.

Fire Elem Druids:

nl and kill.....if they run around (some do) just front them and kill
make sure u dont stay too long in their aramgedon+ volcano+ fissure bc u may get hurt abd.
rare to met, eazy to beat, if u dont rush.

NECROMANCERS:
regular caster gear, 5 wolves

Bone Necros:

-(newbs/medium)- newbs will cast spirits, and ur wolves will eat them. nl or
tele on top and kill. Medium skilled Necros will try use spear from time to time,
but they usually suck at even aiming u so chase them down while avoiding spears/teeths
and kill.......if they are just running away as fast as they can dont even bother..just wait 4 them.

-(tops)- if u good no necro should kill u, make sure u always have wolves so they eat most of their
attacks. these maybe alot faster+ can nl so u gotta avoid spears n teeths while teleporting faster.
Confuse them that u go in other direction than they are and as soon as u see them on ur screen
NL and hunt down. Tele-confusing skill is usefull vs casters(looks something like 200fcr sorcs teleing
just anywhere but u dont spam u wait for occasion to nl and tele on top of them)

Psn Necros:

- Stay away form their psn nova range. u may put on 70+ psn res treks if u want.
use bear so when u nl them u may get free knockback form time to time.
As soon as they cast nova and try to tele away or somewhere to the side just Nl, tele
on top and kill.
ull rarelly meet some good psn necros......Just be aware that if they get u with psn couple times
and ur life is low they may switch to teeth so be ready 4 it.

PnB Summon Necros:

-Lol its funniest part bc most pubs who stack minons think they can actually kill druid.
use 5 wolves, same strategies as above nothing changes.

@Special@:

- I saw few necros who tele and then walk form time to time and cast spear or w/e
so u really cant tele on top of them. use same strategy as u use vs zons.

PALADINS:
regular caster gear, vs chargers melee gear if u want

Hammerdins:

-(newbs)- most of them will be tele or walk and make hammers and hide in it.
make sure u got 5 wolves NL them and kill. newbs have sucky gears so its ez.
any tele hammerdin is ez as long as u keep at least 3-5 wolves(with 5 wolves
they need 3 hits to kill them b4 ull actually get hurt)

-(medium)- thes emay charge around in their hammers or charge and elave hammers behind them
Ok so, approach from the side; in range that u or ur wolves wont get hit by hammer
tele on front of them. if u do it right their charge will hit u with.....hoto lol.
Well they get stunned by ur tornado and die.

-(hard/tops)- these are chargers and may also switch charge to tele, so its harder to aim them.
Use same strategy as vs godly zons. They will probably charge in alot different directions.
U have to make sure u stay out of range of their hammers and never tele to the side
where they casted their hammers b4; so u dont get hit by "invisble hammer" which often happens
if they manage to get away when u catch them, or ur wolves die, go and recast.
Some of them may chase u while u try recast (even oak rofl) and if u got at least 3 wolves
confuse them by stoping and they will eat tornadoes.
vs Really high life High dr or faded hammerdins, Front them, cast few toandoes and tele away as soon as
he kills couple of wolves.Recast and repeat. (most of the time u dont need to recast anything
bc most of the time ur oak gets hit first ROFL)
DOnt forget any charge can desynergies so dont wait for too long in 1 place

Smiters/chargers:
caster or melee gear up to u, depends of the way they duel.

-(Newbs,medium)- newbs will try to charge and smite on u but u got wolves and u cast tornadoes
so they charge through tornadoes and u may move to the side and finish them of.

-(hard/tops)- well if u met good smiter,charger or v/t u gotta move alot and dont let them NL u.
good ones will charge around and when u get closer they often attack, so what u gotta do is:
tele fast around them and hit few tornadoes from time to time. Often suprise them
on teleing close to them and casting tornadoes and leaving rite b4 they try to smite u.
if they get life tap dont let them get close bc they will usually try to chase u,
just leave tornadoes on ur path and this may discourage them. if not keep on teleling
and staying away from them. Also often when smiters etc. charge around, u may cut of their
path and let them eat few tornadoes.
vs v/t's watch out for foh which may kill ur oak. use same strategie but be more careful
always keep wolves with u.
Rest up to u, there is many more ways to duel smiters etc.

Fohers:

- if they charge tele on front of direction they are charging; they will hit u with foh sitck(rofl)
finish of. If teleporting catch them and kill (NL)
if by any chance u get hit 2-3 times by foh recast cyclone.(shouldnt happen)
use 5 wolves to make it harder to aim u.

SORCS:
caster gear, vs top ones use 85% res ( i met maybe 2 of each type that were really good)
I ill describe all sorc together .

-(newbs)- wow tele on top finish of b4 they can even say "forgive me".

-(medium)- well may use Es and got some skill probably, fire or blizz sorc may cast meteor/blizz on themselves
and hide in it...........rofl still u can tele on top or around to scare them ; NL and kill.
vs any sorc dont chase them, its useless bc most of them will be alot faster. Just avoid all
attacks like fb, lite, cb, ice blasts etc........and as soon as they show on ur screen tele on top and kill.
By being slow moving, u often confuse others and they aint ready for sudden NL and cant tele away b4 u attack.

-(hard/tops)- vs those use 85% res, its legit and makes u tank like 3x more hits.
always watch ur oak + cyclone armor.
when they kill it and u try to recast u may confuse them and counter-attack.
vs really top fire/lite sorcsit will be hard to kill them bc they usually manage to tele
away b4 u tele on top. If u got good NL u should catch them at some time.
never chase after good sorc in direction they go if u missed NL or they teled away B/c
U may eat few free shots when they stop.
just make a cut to the side and then tele on them.
Thats basic startegies there is many more to figure out.

Good Orbers or blizzers:

vs good blizzer dont tele under their blizzard, if they r blizzarding themselves.
tele alot more than vs regualr sorc bc they can NL u with blizzard.
use same strategy as vs other sorcs but manage to avoid blizz NL.
vs good orber dont even bother recasting oak.......it will die every 3sec.
keep on recasting cyclone and avoid middle of orb
they just tele fast around and spam so if u get chance To NL do so and try to brake their ES.
if it seems hard, start to tele and leave some tornadoes on ur path and also tele on top or NL
them. they will eat few torandoes for sure at some time and u cant really get hurt by orb
as u keep recasting cyclone........its just takes lots of time to kill them.

OK thats all i guess, wanna know anything specific pm me or post there.
(i prefer pms)

8.Break Points:

Frame/Fhr Needed
14/0%
13/3%
12/7%
11/13%
10/19%
9/29%
8/42%
7/63%
6/99%
5/174%
4/456%

I Strongly Reccomend the 99Fhr Bp it makes a big difference.... + always be ready for 152(with wiz) or 174 brkpoints

FCR:

Frame/Fcr Needed/Casts a Second
18/ 0%/ 1.39
17/ 4%/ 1.47
16/ 10%/ 1.67
15/ 19%/ 1.79
14/ 30% 1.92
13/ 46%/ 2.08
12/ 68%/ 2.27
11/ 99%/ 2.50
10/ 163%/ 2.78

BTW Strongly recommended:
go for block switch.
its exchanging rings and gloves and helm for:
2x 20dex ravens
20dex gloves(life mode would be nice)
2/20fcr/20+dex circlet
wear Hoto also (+12 dex i guess)
thats saves u 90+ points in dex so u got 90+ points in vita.

now u can use vita build and when challenging better ww barbs u switch to this while still having about 6.3k life!

Heh Now im ready for some comments......

its old guide. I had new one with modifications but i cant find it.

If u got any questions ask here.

This post was edited by og_loc_resurection on Apr 12 2006 05:54am
Gold: 13.38
Apr 12 2006 06:58am
mellee druids arent easy...
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 70%
Apr 12 2006 07:19am
where do you find a hoto that gives +12 dex ? :/
Gold: 13.38
Apr 12 2006 07:25am
Quote (Poeten @ Wed, Apr 12 2006, 02:19pm)

dark wood, under the tree-->normal after you killed all the chickens in act1 town and talked with the cow there
Apr 12 2006 07:26am
well +10dex.

i didnt looked.

mellee druids arent easy...

any druid melee i dueled so far was ez for me.
just my own experience.
Gold: 282.00
Apr 12 2006 07:40am
i think good ww tele barbs are just impossible to beat, 8k+ life and max dr and tornado barely hurts them
Apr 12 2006 08:39am
nice guide.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 70%
Apr 12 2006 08:44am
Quote (teh_pwnerer @ Wed, 12 Apr 2006, 15:25)
Quote (Poeten @ Wed, Apr 12 2006, 02:19pm)

dark wood, under the tree-->normal after you killed all the chickens in act1 town and talked with the cow there

HOW I KILL CHICKEN ? THEY JUST RUN AWAY
Apr 13 2006 06:24am
bump
Gold: 48,322.37
Apr 14 2006 05:56am
Very Nice, thanks for the link. It kind of takes what I was thinking about doing to the next level. I'll have to take some time to go over this when I get home tonight and figure out a perfect version for ladder.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll