d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Vindicator/templar Guide -- By Neoptolemos > The paladin that owns it all.
Prev123435Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2004 01:04pm
i made a v/t pala a long time ago, and recently remade mine with a difference setup of items...
I've always used the same skill setup as your one for this, but i am experimenting with points on smite as well as fanat (bit less damage, but stun length helps).

My previous v/t pala had
Silence (fast smite + skills + fhr +loads of res) + Hoz (for casting foh/smiting), then CTA + Lidless on switch for Bo.
This went well, being able to throw 6k foh and 2k smite, like your guide shows.

My new remake has to smite foh'ers // foh and smite smiters, and do whatever i want vs anyone else. Against other v/t palas it's really up to who has more luck and skill, bugged tals is a bitch to go against as +2 Skills // 40% dr // 40 (55 if Um'ed /// 40 if chammed) Res All) /// and so on...

My change i made this time was to make each weapon swap based on each attack, so i had to encorporate the CTA into one of them:

Weapon one: Hoto + Hoz (More Foh damage as Hoz is +4 combat all together while exile is +0 combat). I have max resist from this easily, and 20/5's are cheap to get if you need to boost your res.

Weapon two: CTA (Phase blade) + Exile Vortex 42 res. I should have picked an Eth Exile Sacred Targe/Rondash after testing with a friend's one too, vortex has lowest block and highest req's, but the req's are easy to make with enigma and other equip. CTA can be a Phase Blade or Flail, as both of these have easy requirements and mainly can eaisly reach max smiting speed, while hoto=slower smite.

I am not rich enough for skillers + life, but a show of my pala's damage can help anyway. I use mainly skillers with fhr. I have 6 with fhr and 2 with Dex and 2 plain. My small charms are anni // 6*Cheap duped 20/5's 3*5 %fhr/ res all (4/4/5).

Weapon one. 16k Defence (enigma dusk). 6k FoH. -130% Enemy Res (will max it with rest of points) 75% Res All
Weapon two. 22k Def (actually 21995 def, but Neo was damn right on this smile.gif ) . 2.7k Smite as fastest smite speed, doom slows you down, but phaseblade can still be ok smite speed after, and you can use your own doom (warspike for pure smiters) or 110% ias+ phase blade to still have max smite vs doom. Max Res all in hell (80/80/75/75)

I Started off with Draculs + Exile... This gives Cool open wounds (I not using Gores as duped boots help me more) and evil life tap, which when you duel with this a lot you see how overpowered life tap can make a smiter, more than most people. The second you cast it (5% off Gloves // 15% off Shield... easy to cast in 5 smites) you'll heal yourself with each instant hit your smite causes, which means unless something close to a miricle happens, they're gone no matter the equip...

I'm Using Verdungoes for my pala too, but i tried bugged siggards early on, and it is amazing how overpowered this build can come, normally there is a lack of DR on v/t pala, but 18% from Ber shako + 8 from Enigma then 20% from this belt is a nifty 46%dr.

I am happy to see someone with the skill and time for writing a guide finally do one for this great char... shame a new horde of v/t's will come now though... felt nice to be one of the few proper v/t's evil.gif

This is one huge ConGratz Neo smile.gif
Gold: 16.45
Jun 23 2004 01:27pm
*cries*

I was so sure that my next pvp character was gonna be an ele druid. WHY MAKE ME SECOND GUESS MYSELF!?!

lol, well anyway, nice guide. Back in 09, me and two of my friends were huge V/T duelers. Thats all we did, and it was a blast. Kinda died out when 1.10 was released, but now I think I might give it a try again. Will prolly comment on stuff later, but I gtg. Anyway, nice guide. Now I have so many decisions to make.
Gold: 0.60
Jun 23 2004 03:23pm
Very nice guide happy.gif

So now I don't know what to make, I was planning to make a Vindicator but now if I can do a Vindicator and a Templar at the same time... Arg I don't know, I will have to choose between the two... I'm so confuse right now lol sleep.gif
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,333.34
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2004 04:35pm
Paulak, thanks alot, the best compliment I've had so far. wink.gif I didn't include any buggeds/dupes in my build, for the simple fact, that I'm legit, now you can go complaining all 20/5's are dupes, mine are NOT.

If you're dueling in pvp liga, you can offcourse take HotO + HoZ and Doom + Exile, and just go to cold plains for a quick bo, and switch back, but I basically only do pubby duels, so I rather have my CtA there all the time, and changing weapons (believe me, I've tried) doesn't really work for me, sometimes it doesn't change, because I change to fast after an attack, sometimes I press twice to get it done, and then I'm back to the original weapon again, so I hate that.

I've chosen for doom in zerker, because I think zerker looks cooler, and because its range > that of war spike.

I think the life tap you get from exile is enough, and I really need the fhr on bloodfists, so no hard choice for me.

I agree on that part about the new horde, but we'll be pioneers, and never forgotten. wink.gif

Gandy: Forget the ele druid, this rocks. wink.gif

White Flag: Vindicator is fun, but will loose to certain chars, with this build, you will reduce the amount of losses. I had a vindi before this char, and I owned some chars, but alot of them were still a pain in the ass, while it was going to be my proud PvP char. Now I really have a proud PvP char, the vindi/templar, it rocks.

Nice Guide
YOu should write one for the liberator, Vanquisher and the mage too

V/T is like, the best for pal vs all, but lib>V/t in pal v pal >_>

I'm not into these names too much, but I asked Gauss, and he thought liberator was charge/hammer? Anyway, my next guide will be for ama, so I won't be making that. Vanguisher is in make, by JustDieFool, so hang in there. The Mage = ..?

Might be, never encountered any in all my duels, but this char is pala vs all.

This post was edited by Neoptolemos on Jun 23 2004 04:44pm
Gold: Locked
Jun 23 2004 04:50pm
Yeah, but I'm not sure...

Zealot - Zeal
Vindicator - Smite
Templar - FoH
Crusader - Charge
Cleric - Holy Bolt
Avenger - Vengeance
Liberator - I'm guessing Hammer/Charge

Btw, I didn't know Vanquisher is using Vengeance... huh.gif
Retired Moderator
Jun 23 2004 05:00pm
I assumed Avenger and Vanquisher are two different names for the same build, dunno though.

Btw, OMG, who the fuck would build a Cleric. wink.gif
Gold: Locked
Jun 23 2004 05:41pm
QUOTE (Neoptolemos @ Jun 24 2004, 12:00 AM)
Btw, OMG, who the fuck would build a Cleric. wink.gif

Dunno is that ";)" sarcasm or something... I'll answer anyway...

Cleric is good for MF runs in places with lots of undead... Mausoleum and Ancient Tunnels for example... For Pindle he is better than Blizz sorc if u ask me...

He does over 13k dmg with MF gear and over 18k dmg with battle gear... smile.gif To undead of course... It's pretty leet, isn't it?

Also, he is good for follow bot cuz of Meditation/Prayer/Holy Bolt/other aura... tongue.gif

This post was edited by .Gauss. on Jun 23 2004 05:43pm
Gold: 381.00
Jun 23 2004 09:05pm
great guide but i was if up'd zak would be better? more +skills=more dmg and more resists i know the def wont be as good but still
Gold: 3.20
Jun 23 2004 10:43pm
QUOTE (.Gauss. @ Jun 23 2004, 10:50 PM)
Yeah, but I'm not sure...

Zealot - Zeal
Vindicator - Smite
Templar - FoH
Crusader - Charge
Cleric - Holy Bolt
Avenger - Vengeance
Liberator - I'm guessing Hammer/Charge

Btw, I didn't know Vanquisher is using Vengeance... huh.gif

Vanquisher=Smite/Hammer
Mage=Foh/Hammer

My mage had 4k or so hammers and 7k+ Foh(or was it 6k)? happy.gif
Retired Moderator
Jun 24 2004 04:11am
Gauss: Ok, I suppose that could do something, but it still sucks. tongue.gif

built2burn: I'm not playing ladder, but you could of course get an up'd zaka, I'd still prefer exile, because the life tap is simple unmissable. You'd have to take HoZ + Draculs, and get the fhr somewhere else. Maybe some L items, I wouldn't know. wink.gif

Kirby: Ok, that explains, still, v/t is quite ownage.

If I had to edit 1 thing, it would be the guide vs smiters, because against good (godly) smiters, it's impossible to win with my guide, they are near you too quick, so you can only get 1 foh in, and after that, they have way more dmg, so they win. I think the best thing against those smiters is put your cast equip on, and be the foh'r, because they're damn hard. I'd like to put: Smiter: (Hard). smile.gif
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123435Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll