d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > - Pvp - Plague - Javazon - Guide - By Aceboomcoon > complete with dueling strategies
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.40
Jul 3 2004 05:48pm
QUOTE (KrAyZi3xSiNx2o6 @ Jul 3 2004, 06:00 PM)
you consider it bad mannered so that means antidote potions cancel the effect?

i guess so.
Gold: 5,990.90
Jul 4 2004 05:52am
I made this char, and its absolutely decimates pub games
I had a couple of fags 5:1 me, and they all went into the same cloud (idiots).. and a well aimed fury finished them off..

VeryVeryVery Good guide i must say again.

Only real competition i have to come up against is Bonenecros with 9Frame(I think) Tele and Have learned to spam teeth

Wtih teeth i cant really get close to them, because the range is so large..
You can try to GA..But it takes AGES Cos tey just recast BoneArmor

This post was edited by Cunny_funt3 on Jul 4 2004 05:57am
Jul 5 2004 03:39pm
Also i m having trouble against smiters with doom
Once they charge in and get me in the stun lock
theres not much i can do
even though they're psn'd and with 1life, i cant get a fury off bc of freeze+stun
Gold: 67.00
Jul 5 2004 03:40pm
good guide and great explenation but i dont pvp and i dont like plague java-zons but i might just give this build a try happy.gif
Gold: 1.10
Warn: 10%
Jul 14 2004 08:16pm
Ok, to answer a few questions being asked:

1) No, antidotes don't cancet the effects of poison. They slow it, but nothing can save someone. Antidotes add about 1 second to the time it takes to get someone to 1 life. If they use items to get their poison resist to 95%, that's what really adds time. It takes about 5 seconds on someone who uses 95% poison resist and antidotes. But then again, very very VERY few people have 95% poison resist smile.gif

2) my Plague damage is 98K. I have a bad bramble, but the rest is as good as it gets. from my calculations, with no facet in the shield, 105K is the max you can get. I don't even know what my poison jav does. Probably more damage, but the duration is super long, so no point using it. only time I actually use it, is vs other plagazons, which I have only seen 1. Because you can throw them so much faster then plagues, I use them until I get a poison, and then I use plague to try to add to the poison damage.

3) necro's that use teeth are hard, but with patience, you will probably still win. Teeth range isn't very good, so just stay outside that as often as possible, and try to make the necro go into your cloud. I also use light fury almost exclusively vs necro's now. It's super easy to not get hit, so you just aim off the screen and shoot fury's. Their bone armor doesn't save them, and fury actually does some nice damage. Also doesn't need ar, so it hits a lot.

4) Yes, plagazons are the best melee killer you can make, easily. To the guy that is losing to smiters. You should be able to throw fury no matter what someone is doing to you. Especially a smiter. Even with holy freeze locked on you, with enough fast hit recovery, you should have no problem getting a few fury's off. Maybe you should try to poison, then back peddle for 1 second, then fury. I did that for the first few weeks of dueling melee paladins and it worked just fine. Now, with practise, I don't need to move much vs any melee chars. keep at it, you'll get the hang of it. Get that 86% FHR, and you won't lose to melee chars ever.

Thx for the encouragement. I sure hope i start seeing more plaguers. I have only seen 1 since I started, and it was a friends smile.gif
Banned
Gold: 9.60
Jul 15 2004 06:39am
No, antidotes don't cancet the effects of poison. They slow it, but nothing can save someone.

Antidotes DO cancel the effect of poison. IMMEDIATLEY.
Gold: 0.92
Jul 15 2004 08:13am
Would a mercenary be viable for a Plaguezon? If so what kind?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 15 2004 08:55am
very good guide. iv never seen any javazons throw plague javs in pvp though so i dont know how effective this build is. has anyone tried it?
Gold: 1.10
Jul 15 2004 01:26pm
LOL, I misunderstood the question. To the guy who was asking if antidotes cancel the poison, yes of course they do. Nobody would ever drink one after they are poisoned though, because it's so obvious they are doting. If they do, they just get laughed out of the game. I thought you meant for those people who drink them right before they duel you. In that case, it helps them a bit, but not a whole lot, and it is noticable when they do it in comparason to when they don't.

But yes, dotes immediately cancel the poison. Sorry for the confusion.

And Fong21051, that is the whole point of the thread smile.gif Of course it's effective. It's EXTREMELY effective. That's why I'm hoping people make them. Personally, I think it is by far the most underestimated skill in the game. Just make one, trust me, you won't regret it.
Jul 15 2004 06:20pm
Effective?
Hell yea. In most pubby games, the BM'ers will just figure "Hey its another CS javazon" *Puts on wisps and so on*
She really shines when it comes to dueling melee.you just need to stand in your cloud and let the psn do its work, and thorns can finish them off when u just stand there..

Very Very Underestimated.
Hope to see more PJZ's around soon
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll