d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Guide For Pvp Trap Assassin > By Gauss
Prev12346Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jun 11 2004 05:48pm
Zarah: If Shaeling will help u hit next frame, do so. If u lack resist, stick a resist all jewel in it. If u can't hit next frame with Shael and if ur resists are already maxed, stick a Hel in it.

Neo: Ok. smile.gif

Brian: I act Harry Potter rolleyes.gif in pubby duels only if my opponent acts him first. Other words, I won't drink if he doesn't. If he starts, I'll start too.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 11 2004 06:21pm
Nice guide. I still use hoto/storm, although my trap laying is slower than 2*claw, it is nice teleporting around, but i do understand the many bonuses - more damage, 5x%block everything even while running with 1 pt, more life, etc. I'd stick res all/-req jewels in the claws, or Shael runes in them (even though rich people who don't know of lightning facets not working laugh at you).
Also it's insane the number of times i have killed people with fire blast, non-absorbers as well as absorbers. Mine only has near 3k atm, as i not use 2 trap claws, but it'll rise to near 4k as i level my char more. The worst problem my assa has, not sure if c/c trapassa's suffer it, is huge vita barbs, the other day i got minced by 2 barbs, one had 7.3k life with full block (wc skillers +3x life), and other had 7.5k life because of 3/1x/1x's and max vita (and used eth botd great poleaxe - the b@$tard had 14k life after lvl 53 bo from rich barb and oak sage from windy, couldn't kill the barb sad.gif )
Banned
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jun 11 2004 10:14pm
the fcr in this build is very low... which isnt very good for tele/mb speeds...

my trapper = base str/dex, 110 fcr, 4.8k life (4.9k if i prebuff bo with maras), 10 dr... or i can switch items to have the 65 fcr bp, 45 dr, 46% block, 4.5k life

also with this build... i have 3.8k fireblast dmg, 10k ls dmg... figure taht one out! lol =D
Jun 12 2004 07:29am
Paulak: 14k life? unsure.gif Impressive... smile.gif

Makaveli: I know it's low, but I pick more dmg and less FCR over less dmg and more FCR. smile.gif And C/C has so much more advantages over C/S... Also, I think she is casting Teleport and Mind Blast fast enough. tongue.gif
Banned
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jun 12 2004 12:09pm
QUOTE (.Gauss. @ Jun 12 2004, 09:29 AM)
And C/C has so much more advantages over C/S...

what? only claw block... high fcr = good dodging/faster locking =D

guess its a matter of preference though =P
Jun 12 2004 12:47pm
QUOTE (makaveli7 @ Jun 12 2004, 07:09 PM)
what? only claw block... high fcr = good dodging/faster locking =D

guess its a matter of preference though =P

Weapon Block means no dex, no running penalty and blocking spells. That's 3 advantages. Higher dmg and cooler look is another 2. smile.gif
Gold: 1.10
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2004 12:48pm
First off, great guide. I agree with almost everything in there. 3 things I don't agree with though:

1)
Well, I don't understand why ppl like that mana regeneration so much if u can simply use mana potions...

When u use mana potions ur opponent isn't aware of that cuz he can't see it so it doesn't hurt anybody...

If you can't build a pvp character properly that doesn't need mana pots, you have made a mistake. Pots are pots, regardless of the kind. life, mana, antidotes, thaw's, there all pots, and you should never under any circumstances use them. Regardless of whether your oppontent knows about it or not.

2) I would definitely go with 1 Bartucs, and 1 Trap claw. Put 15% resist jewels in all sockets to help your resists. But the reason is that having 1 bartucs on gives you 2 to shadow skills, which helps out your weapon block, shadow master, bos/fade. Also, the 30% fast hit recovery on them makes it so you need less FHR on your skill GC's.

3)
no running penalty

Of course there is a running penelty. There are many things you can't block while running. Arrows, bone spirits, bone spears, physical attacks. For the longest time, everybody thought there was never a running penelty, but in fact, yes there is. Test it for yoruself. Try to block bone spirits while running, you'll see. Block rate vs some types of attacks goes to zero when your running. Crazy, I know, but test it man. Just test it smile.gif

My trapper is almost identical to yours, aside from that one claw. My bartucs have a 15% / 7% fast hit recovery jewel in them

Great guide. It's about time somebody realized that HOTO / SS is lame. smile.gif

This post was edited by wu-banger on Jun 18 2004 12:54pm
Jun 18 2004 01:48pm
Thx for constructive criticism. smile.gif

I know pots are pots, but c'mon, u know Trap assassins are well known lamers, they basically go to pubby duels only. 90% ppl there are BM so pots won't hurt anyone. smile.gif

Well, I did wrote Bartuc's under alternatives... tongue.gif

When I was talking about running penalty I was talking about that ur block for physical attacks doesn't go to 1/3. smile.gif
Gold: 1.10
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2004 04:53pm
When I was talking about running penalty I was talking about that ur block for physical attacks doesn't go to 1/3.

You're right about that. It goes to zero. Weapon block does not work when your running. I know, it's been a myth in the game since 1.10 came out at least that you block everything spells and physical damage while running without any penelty. It's wrong.

I've tested it vs every single type of attack there is in the game, and for some strange reason, you can still block fireballs and ice blasts while running. For all other attacks, you cannot.

One thing I do with my trapper that you may want to include, is carry a Chaos claw with you for duels vs bone necro's. If your dueling a bone necro, and you see a stream of bone spirits coming at you that you don't think you can avoid, just WW through them. You still get full weapon block ability while attacking, which includes WW. But if you run through them, every single one of them will hit you. It's just a technique I adapted to avoid being hit while I'm trying to get my mind blast lock on them.

I'm not sure if you knew about all this weapon block stuff, but if you did, ignore it all. If your like most people, who still think that you block everything while running or walking, then do some testing. It is a myth that has gone on long enough. Weapon block overall does not work while running smile.gif

Still love the guide though. In 99% agreeance with it. It's odd, as common as trappers are, nobody has ever seemed to make a decent guide until now

This post was edited by wu-banger on Jun 18 2004 04:58pm
Jun 18 2004 06:04pm
QUOTE (wu-banger @ Jun 18 2004, 11:53 PM)

You're right about that. It goes to zero. Weapon block does not work when your running. I know, it's been a myth in the game since 1.10 came out at least that you block everything spells and physical damage while running without any penelty. It's wrong.

I've tested it vs every single type of attack there is in the game, and for some strange reason, you can still block fireballs and ice blasts while running. For all other attacks, you cannot.

One thing I do with my trapper that you may want to include, is carry a Chaos claw with you for duels vs bone necro's. If your dueling a bone necro, and you see a stream of bone spirits coming at you that you don't think you can avoid, just WW through them. You still get full weapon block ability while attacking, which includes WW. But if you run through them, every single one of them will hit you. It's just a technique I adapted to avoid being hit while I'm trying to get my mind blast lock on them.

I'm not sure if you knew about all this weapon block stuff, but if you did, ignore it all. If your like most people, who still think that you block everything while running or walking, then do some testing. It is a myth that has gone on long enough. Weapon block overall does not work while running smile.gif

Still love the guide though. In 99% agreeance with it. It's odd, as common as trappers are, nobody has ever seemed to make a decent guide until now

Yes, yes, I belive u, don't worry...

Actually, I wasn't wrong with anything, I said when u run, Weapon Block doesn't suffer 1/3 blocking penalty for physical attacks, which is right.

I haven't said anything else so I couldn't be wrong about anything. smile.gif

And thx for compliment on guide. It seems ur experienced. spin.gif
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12346Next
Closed New Topic New Poll