d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > Donate For Me Please - Instructions > Read This Before Posting!
Closed New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 27 2008 01:19pm
These Instructions are made for this topic: Donate For Me Please

READ THIS UPDATE BEFORE PROCEEDING:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=45230477&f=34&p=443576148

Quote (Kevin @ 26 Jan 2013 13:16)
Please do NOT post in this topic unless you have a Trusted or Mediator tag!!

Please pm the mediator/trusted if you would like to offer a donation or take one they are currently holding.

Thanks!

Purpose of the topic:
The Donate For Me Please topic is made for people who would like to donate to njaguar but cannot send $$ themselves, and want to pay Forum Gold for someone who will do it for them.
This topic is NOT for begging, failure to avoid begging or spam will result in warnings.

Table of Contents:

1. Why you should donate
2. Instructions for users who search a donation in their name
3. Instructions for donors (exchanging their $$ to FG)
4. Instructions for Trusted/Mediator who Mediates donations
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

-------------------

1. Why you should donate:

• You should donate to show your appreciation to the great work njaguar does with this site.
  • Donation of $25+ gets you the ability to get into the Donors Forum. However, a screening process exists so even if you donate there aren't any guarantees you will get that access.
  • Each donation gets you the appropriate upgrade of donors stars:

The FULL $25 must come from the SAME person at the SAME time. You can't have one person donate $10 and another donate $15. The minimum donation amount is $5.

See here for information about the Donor Forums.

2. Instructions for users who search a donation in their name:

What you need to do

• Post in the Donate for Me topic that you search for a donation of a certain amount and you offer forum gold
  • Send the forum gold to a Trusted or Mediator and ask him to confirm in this topic that he holds your FG. You can find ALL Trusteds and Mediators here.
  • Then someone will donate for you. It may take some days or only a few minutes, depending on your offer.
  • After you have been donated, reply in the topic or PM the mediator confirming that "this and this" person donated to you, and the Trusted or Mediator can send him (the person who donated for you) the FG

Important: The Mediators/Trusteds who Mediate for you are doing this for FREE, so be polite and don’t make any demands! Use a Trusted/Mediator for all transactions here, even if you are one yourself. Don’t “bump” your own transactions.

3. Instructions for donors (exchanging their $$ to FG)

• Find someone who needs a donation. Check the Mediators’ updated lists in the last pages. The list may look like this:

• Make sure the Mediator did not state someone is going to donate to a person. PM the Mediator to find out if it the donation is available and make sure the Mediator PMs that it is not taken before sending the $$. You can also post in the topic to ask.
  • Go to this page: http://www.d2jsp.org/ - on the right side, go to this button:

Press it, and take the option: I want to donate on behalf of another user.
    (Note: do NOT do it via the purchase FG link in your profile!)
  • In the comment box of the outgoing funds, add the user’s d2jsp account name, and state what kind of a donation is. Here is a good example:

$25 for the user RewtheBrave for star upgrade

^ Instead of my name you add the name of the person for whom you are making the donation (in the example above the quote, it would be StormX.
  • After the funds are sent, you only need to wait. It will take a minimum of 72 hours to update the person. Once the update it is done, the Trusted/Mediator will send you the FG.

4. Instructions for Trusted/Mediator who Mediates donations

• Make sure you already hold the FG when confirming it at the Donate For Me topic.
  • Have an updated list of your Mediations and post it once per 25-post page to avoid chaos (recommended). When to update:

if there is no change in your list, do not bump it
    incase some mediation is done, don't bump/update it
    incase somebody wants to donate for it, update it.
    incase you got a new fg donor for publicity update it
    incase you got somebody updating his fg amount with a relevant amount, update it (that means if somebody offers 150fg for 5$ and then after a week gives you 5more fg so it STILL doesn't REALLY have a chance this can wait until you WOULD bump the next time

Example for a good Mediation list:

Holding 750 FG for a $25 donation (blue star) for StormX.

Please PM me before sending any $ to find out if nobody else did it already.

Remember, "bump" your lists only if it is necessary and only once per 25-posts page, to prevent unnecessary spam in this topic. The donor forum access is not guaranteed, so keep in mind a donation will be made for possible Donor Forum access and not definite Donor Forum access. Your post shouldn't mention that a donation is "for Donor Forums access".

5. Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)

• In the comment box of the outgoing funds, do I need to say it is for Donor Forums access if $25 or more will be sent?
    No, njaguar already assumes it is for that access when he sees the amount. Just say who it is for, the amount, and that it goes toward a star upgrade.
  • In the Mediator update, why doesn’t it say the $25 or higher donation is for Donor Forums access?
    That would be redundant, njaguar already assumes it is for that access when he sees the amount.
  • So how do I know if I will get Donor Forums access when the donation is over $25?
    The screening process is an inherent mystery. The Trusted/Mediator doesn’t know. DO NOT PM njaguar asking this question.
  • If I will get Donor Forums access, when will it happen?
    This doesn’t always happen at the same time as the star upgrade, so be patient and wait a few days. Don’t be discouraged from making more donations if it does not happen or if it takes a few days.
  • What do I do if my donor hasn’t been updated?

Quote (Master3921 @ Sun, 10 Feb 2008, 15:10)
    Troubleshooting (only for people that send/sent MONEY)
    If you sent the money over 72 hours ago and your donor hasn't been updated yet, please proceed as follows:
    1. Check your emails if njaguar hasn't emailed you yet. Datas might be missing.
    2. Incase he hasn't , pm screenshots of your paypal account to either your mediator or me. Stuff that has to be visible : when the payment cleared/completed. Comment. Do NOT post those screenshots here.
    Furthermore add your paypal adress, your email adress and the transaction number

Sending the Trusted/Mediator or the person getting updated repeated PMs won’t make it faster. Just follow the troubleshooting in the quote above. The Trusted/Mediator will be ready to help you.
  • Can I add more FG to the amount I will give the person sending the $$ so I can find a donor faster?
    If the Trusted/Mediator says it is okay, send him/her the FG. The people who are sending the $$ are not supposed to PM you demanding more FG.
  • How can I pay using moneygram or cash?
    Let the Mediator explain this to you, and then use this: help guide
  • Miscellaneous
    Please don’t request special icons or ask for special deals, they don’t happen.
  • What if I have questions not answered here?
    PM the Trusted/Mediator.

Thanks to PoOoZaQ and GodsBlackNight for the first versions of this Guide, and thanks to Master3921 and Lajo for editing this. Thanks to Beacon for recent additional aid.

:banana:

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Nov 1 2013 11:18am
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll