d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Zeal Sorceress Guide > 1.11b
Prev1234537Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 81,500.00
Dec 17 2007 01:47pm
i am inspired.. i am making small change as this build will be just for pvm.. frostburn and dungo(for dr and fhr so i can maye use different boots) i will also use angelics always.. i just need 1 more dream ..make cta...torch and good to go:P
Gold: 2,685.75
Dec 17 2007 02:46pm
yeah, I was thinking of adding dueling strategies, but there really isn't anything that I could add that the other guides don't have.....If I find some time later tonight, I'll add them though smile.gif
Gold: 2,997.95
Dec 17 2007 02:53pm
Thanks, I won't fail miserably when I try to make one of these now.
Gold: 0.25
Dec 17 2007 02:54pm
I like the build, I did mine a little differently. I used highlords and 20% ias gloves (mine have 10 str / 14 dex also on em ;-) ) for the ias breakpoint, and stuck with a coh for skills and other mods. I also used a soj and perfect marrowwalks(37 stats and life tap charges). Those differences and with the other standard gear and 7 lighters and torch and anni (leaving 2x4 space), gives enough + to reach the lvl 40 es without any prebuff. I also used the blessed aim merc for the extra AR to fix any problems there (my ar with him is like 9k currently @ 86 and some charms to fix up). Ive found that the small charm spaces are most helpful, something like a +20 ar sc after enchant turns into like 200 or so ar on screen, just a thought to consider. Btw I absolutely love my sorc, by far my most powerful char ever. Another note if it wasn't brought up, resists and DR aren't really a factor since that only affects the 5% damage coming through. As long as you dont get mana burned, she will be ok! Sadly @ 86 I've died at lord de seis in nm b/c of manaburn and not being able to get away. Her only weakness...
Dec 17 2007 03:02pm
Quote (DerekG @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 03:54pm)
I like the build, I did mine a little differently. I used highlords and 20% ias gloves (mine have 10 str / 14 dex also on em ;-) ) for the ias breakpoint, and stuck with a coh for skills and other mods. I also used a soj and perfect marrowwalks(37 stats and life tap charges). Those differences and with the other standard gear and 7 lighters and torch and anni (leaving 2x4 space), gives enough + to reach the lvl 40 es without any prebuff. I also used the blessed aim merc for the extra AR to fix any problems there (my ar with him is like 9k currently @ 86 and some charms to fix up). Ive found that the small charm spaces are most helpful, something like a +20 ar sc after enchant turns into like 200 or so ar on screen, just a thought to consider. Btw I absolutely love my sorc, by far my most powerful char ever. Another note if it wasn't brought up, resists and DR aren't really a factor since that only affects the 5% damage coming through. As long as you dont get mana burned, she will be ok! Sadly @ 86 I've died at lord de seis in nm b/c of manaburn and not being able to get away. Her only weakness...

yeah i know resists aren't much of a factor which is why i reccomended using the 20/17s, but the damage that does make it through will be reduced with the resistances. Plus, with fade, you should be able to keep perfect in hell with any gear and it also adds venom (although it adds next to nothing....). Using the highlords would take away any chance of getting a suitable amount of AR for pvp (unless its BM duels and u keep your merc...). The +skills from COH matter a lot less than the AR benefit if you're planning on using it anywhere other than PVM. 5k AR is about the bare minimum for PVM even as that makes about a 75% chance to hit. That's pretty low and you'll find that the loss of 2k-3k damage is a lot less important than a higher chance to hit. Since you don't have angelics ammy or ring, then your AR must really suffer. IMO I'd change the gear on yours. Even though mana burn can take away most of your mana instantly (you have about 1k life), the 1k life should be enough to keep you alive long enough for your mana to regenerate with the high warmth. If your problem is not getting away fast enough, I suggest hitting a higher FHR and FCR breakpoint. The only time I was unable to teleport away with my build was in nihlethak. Now when I go there, I teleport carefully so I don't get stuck. But for any other situation, it really isn't an issue with my build.
Dec 17 2007 07:45pm
True, my AR doesnt suffer though I never have a problem hitting anything, diablo solo is usually dead in 1 zeal. I need to adjust my charms slightly to get the 86 fhr bp but I really find that the 5k base and over 9k with merc is more than enough for anything PvM. I personally don't PvP but I totally agree that an angelic combo would be in order. As for the pulling out issue, I find that even with just the arach (using main weapon), the tele is still quick enough to get out of my situations (unless teleing right into a huge pack). Of course it all boils down to the player preference on how they play the character, but your guide def provided some good insight to the gear selections, and it took alot of single player messing to find a combo I liked enough to make on realm. Another idea I just had, even though it would be hard to use, is to use the battle cry on the CTA as a guide to move into those big packs. All together, I think this char is the absolute best boss killer (haven't ubered yet with her) but she absolutely cuts through anything. Also they are perfect for rushing and assisting any low lvl chars or merc to lvl, since up to some parts of hell can just walk around zapping everything. GJ though, whats your damage? I have 59k zeal w/no prebuff.
Dec 17 2007 07:54pm
Quote (DerekG @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 08:45pm)
True, my AR doesnt suffer though I never have a problem hitting anything, diablo solo is usually dead in 1 zeal. I need to adjust my charms slightly to get the 86 fhr bp but I really find that the 5k base and over 9k with merc is more than enough for anything PvM. I personally don't PvP but I totally agree that an angelic combo would be in order. As for the pulling out issue, I find that even with just the arach (using main weapon), the tele is still quick enough to get out of my situations (unless teleing right into a huge pack). Of course it all boils down to the player preference on how they play the character, but your guide def provided some good insight to the gear selections, and it took alot of single player messing to find a combo I liked enough to make on realm. Another idea I just had, even though it would be hard to use, is to use the battle cry on the CTA as a guide to move into those big packs. All together, I think this char is the absolute best boss killer (haven't ubered yet with her) but she absolutely cuts through anything. Also they are perfect for rushing and assisting any low lvl chars or merc to lvl, since up to some parts of hell can just walk around zapping everything. GJ though, whats your damage? I have 59k zeal w/no prebuff.

At bottom of my guide tongue.gif
PVM Gear Damage (no prebuff): 57k
PVM Gear Damage (with prebuff): 75k
PVP Gear Damage (no prebuff): 53k
PVP Gear Damage (with prebuff): 71k

I didn't go for damage gear, went for balanced gear....

This post was edited by WhiteKnightmare on Dec 17 2007 07:55pm
Dec 17 2007 08:19pm
My bad, didn't flip back to see what your damage was. What is your armor look? I went w/diadem, monarch and dusk for style.
Dec 17 2007 09:01pm
Quote (DerekG @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 09:19pm)
My bad, didn't flip back to see what your damage was. What is your armor look? I went w/diadem, monarch and dusk for style.

diadem, dusk and tower shield. Monarch was too much str, and tower shield has higher chance to block. also in my guide tongue.gif

This post was edited by WhiteKnightmare on Dec 17 2007 09:13pm
Dec 18 2007 06:34pm
any more comments or suggestions?
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234537Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll