d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Judge My Portfolio
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,633.37
Trader: Trusted
May 2 2024 09:52am
Quote (037 @ May 2 2024 05:41pm)
I didn’t try to take a swing at using AI. I have no problems with that, I do it myself, but it’s just reeeeally hard to tell what has been AI generated and what’s not in your gallery. So maybe that’s something you could take with you. If you are actually doing your own compositions, make it show. Right now, it looks severely generated.

An idea to improve would be to not rely on AI for renders, instead, using AI for backgrounds. I did that here:

Here, the background mountains are generated by midjourney, but the rest are renders or photos.

Here, the abstract background is generated.

If you would however want to make a generated render, try to keep it stylized or make sure that it really really looks accurate, and create the background from scratch or at least make several touches to make it feel less AI and uncanny.

In this example I added two AI renders, altered back and foreground and added the little smoke animation.

All in all my feedback to you is that a lot of the smaller images feel quite blurry. Work with sharpening more, but make sure not to oversharpen.

If you want actual feedback, it’s much better to be specific with your questions:

“How can I improve my lighting here?”
“Is this character posed correctly?”
“These colours feel wrong, can I do something about it?”
“I can’t wrap my head around what feels wrong with this depth, can anyone tell me how to recreate this composition?”

Etc.
Gold: 4,990.95
May 2 2024 10:11am
Quote (037 @ May 2 2024 11:52am)
An idea to improve would be to not rely on AI for renders, instead, using AI for backgrounds. I did that here:

https://i.imgur.com/9jadnBF.gif

Here, the background mountains are generated by midjourney, but the rest are renders or photos.

https://i.imgur.com/VSJEaCS.gif

Here, the abstract background is generated.

If you would however want to make a generated render, try to keep it stylized or make sure that it really really looks accurate, and create the background from scratch or at least make several touches to make it feel less AI and uncanny.

https://i.imgur.com/MYAJUUO.gif

In this example I added two AI renders, altered back and foreground and added the little smoke animation.

All in all my feedback to you is that a lot of the smaller images feel quite blurry. Work with sharpening more, but make sure not to oversharpen.

If you want actual feedback, it’s much better to be specific with your questions:

“How can I improve my lighting here?”
“Is this character posed correctly?”
“These colours feel wrong, can I do something about it?”
“I can’t wrap my head around what feels wrong with this depth, can anyone tell me how to recreate this composition?”

Etc.

Thank you for this, and I agree that is something I am looking forward to incorporating is when people have specific requests like a character from a show or game etc. , and then ill be able to create some custom scenes using the ai images and then you know do some other magic ofc.

A lot of the ones i uploaded was just some fast work for friends, and before I remembered the JSP signature requirements I already made them out of ratio, so the more recent ones ive been working on i've been able to fix the blurryness issue because I agree that is very unappealing.

Thanks for your response and I'm not really an artist so I don't really have any specific questions per say just curous on where the conversation would go and i'm open to all critiques, I just ignore people that come off as a troll haha

- One thing I need to improve that you seem to be good at is making animations with less frames.
I feel i'm able to make very nice animations with many frames but I need to spend more time working on minimal frames to keep the file size small
May 2 2024 10:13am
Quote (CjDevito11 @ May 2 2024 06:11pm)
Thank you for this, and I agree that is something I am looking forward to incorporating is when people have specific requests like a character from a show or game etc. , and then ill be able to create some custom scenes using the ai images and then you know do some other magic ofc.

A lot of the ones i uploaded was just some fast work for friends, and before I remembered the JSP signature requirements I already made them out of ratio, so the more recent ones ive been working on i've been able to fix the blurryness issue because I agree that is very unappealing.

Thanks for your response and I'm not really an artist so I don't really have any specific questions per say just curous on where the conversation would go and i'm open to all critiques, I just ignore people that come off as a troll haha

- One thing I need to improve that you seem to be good at is making animations with less frames.
I feel i'm able to make very nice animations with many frames but I need to spend more time working on minimal frames to keep the file size small

Try to limit yourself to 8 frames. Both more and less is usually either huge file sizes or choppy animations if too few!
May 2 2024 10:18am
Quote (037 @ May 2 2024 12:13pm)
Try to limit yourself to 8 frames. Both more and less is usually either huge file sizes or choppy animations if too few!

Yea i've heard the 7-10 range is pretty good to aim for , i'll keep 8 in mind and see how it comes out for sure
May 2 2024 10:40am
I'll say in your three signatures you posted, i really like in the first one how the fire is surrounding him in the back and front, the layering is nice. I like the aura in the second one the movement seems very fluent, that moving glowing aura is something i want to improve on. and obviously the cigarette smoke in the third one is smooth

May 2 2024 10:46am
Quote (CjDevito11 @ May 2 2024 06:40pm)
I'll say in your three signatures you posted, i really like in the first one how the fire is surrounding him in the back and front, the layering is nice. I like the aura in the second one the movement seems very fluent, that moving glowing aura is something i want to improve on. and obviously the cigarette smoke in the third one is smooth

Thanks bud! But remember the animations should just be the cherry on top! Focus on composition, lighting and depth first!
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll