d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Streaming Questions
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29,712.09
May 1 2024 05:23pm
Quote (Roneye @ 1 May 2024 17:59)
^Drael I really care about d2jsp and whatever users trying to get a hold of me by PM. For now it would just be D2R. And then PoE2 when it comes out. Maybe something like D4 if they ever get some proper fixes to the game.

^macohan Gave some very solid advice. Though it's my bad that it won't fit to my needs as I forgot to mention that I a secondary PC "my server" to stream with.

So had to some a bit of research and I need to physically connect these two PCs with sound channels like with an audio mixer.
Audio hardware has never been much of an interested for me like PC hardware and monitors, so I'm green in this area!

Thinking of splurging on it a fairly good setup. Wife said I could also add it to my birthday wish list as it's coming up in 9 days.
Would love some input on this though!

My full setup is in my profile. But this should be the important notes:
Dual PC for streaming.
I do not use a headset! Instead my Audio is from my soundbar: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2.
Right now my microphone is the MAONO AU-PM421 set that I picked up at a huge discount 3 years ago https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-MAONO-Professional-Livestreaming-Broadcasting/dp/B085WQBM8M/
Microphone in itself is "okay". But the microphone arm is like 2inches to short and not of a particular good quality. So definitely need a better mic boom arm.
Also feel like the mic takes a bit to much of the soundings, though things like discord noise suppression does handle it okay. But might as well get a better mic?

So far these seems like decent options, but again I have almost no knowledge on the subject:
Mixer: Roland Bridge Cast (not sure why it's so expensive in US, but here it's only 135usd)
Microphone: Shure MV7X (Only XLR version)
Microphone Arm: Rode PSA1

obs has an audio input filtering option for fan noise and the like
nvidia gpus have their own hardware version of noise suppression too

moving the mic closer to your face and creating a minimum input volume (aka noise gate) so the mic only picks up your voice is a simple solution

unless you really want viewers to see your fillers doing things i would put the client you are playing in on the same pc that you are streaming from then put the fillers on the 2nd pc
you can also avoid all the other sound channel settings with this setup as well
streaming doesnt hit your cpu/gpu hard enough to really warrant a dual pc setup these days to be honest

your home server with a 6800 gpu is what i run my 8 clients on without issues for reference

This post was edited by macohan on May 1 2024 05:24pm
Gold: 2,031,686.00
May 1 2024 06:05pm
Quote (macohan @ 2 May 2024 01:23)
obs has an audio input filtering option for fan noise and the like
nvidia gpus have their own hardware version of noise suppression too

moving the mic closer to your face and creating a minimum input volume (aka noise gate) so the mic only picks up your voice is a simple solution

unless you really want viewers to see your fillers doing things i would put the client you are playing in on the same pc that you are streaming from then put the fillers on the 2nd pc
you can also avoid all the other sound channel settings with this setup as well
streaming doesnt hit your cpu/gpu hard enough to really warrant a dual pc setup these days to be honest

your home server with a 6800 gpu is what i run my 8 clients on without issues for reference

Actually the only reason why I started streaming on my server was because I had weird crashing issues when streaming, could never figure out why. But that was before I upgraded from 3080ti and 13900k.

Going to try streaming some on my main PC to see how it goes.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll