d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Process Explorer
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285,015.00
Apr 20 2024 10:01am
Canceling checking multiple sessions isnt enough to open multiple sessions of d2r on 1 pc? Couse i just close the CMS event after every start of a new session d2r but my PC close mostly an session or 2 sessions after have opened multiple sessions of d2r...

Anyone can help?

Is there an new guide for this?
Gold: 2,206.30
Apr 25 2024 08:55am
The only legitimate way to run multiple instances of D2R on a single PC is to utilize a VM and multiple D2R licenses.

Any other discussion of running multiple copies on one PC is, if I remember correctly, against the rules as it is a discussion on how to violate the ToS/circumvent the games prevention's.
Gold: 123,632.82
Apr 25 2024 09:21am
I don't know why your pc closes a session.
Does it come with an error message?

Because yeah process explorer as an admin + multiple owned copies of d2r and closing that one handle which checks for other instances is still the way.

I sometimes have issues with several versions running and I have one in a background that uses insane amounts of RAM (14gb+)
the only way I can avoid this is by clicking on it, sometimes it's frozen for a while but then usually returns back to normal and RAM usage goes down.

You can check in task manager if you see anything suspicious.
Otherwise this should still be the way to go.
Gold: 601.00
May 1 2024 01:06pm
Quote (BvB @ Apr 20 2024 06:01pm)
Canceling checking multiple sessions isnt enough to open multiple sessions of d2r on 1 pc? Couse i just close the CMS event after every start of a new session d2r but my PC close mostly an session or 2 sessions after have opened multiple sessions of d2r...

Anyone can help?

Is there an new guide for this?

Sounds more like a crash issue rather than multiple sessions handling, because in the second case you should have all your sessions affected, not just a couple.

I suggest to check the resource consumption with live graphs while you do this (task manager is enough), so you can check if you have suspicious spikes (or your PC can't handle that many).

This post was edited by NomadJe on May 1 2024 01:06pm
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll