d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Am I Playing The Game Wrong?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 131.00
Apr 7 2024 01:48pm
I don't understand where the divine orbs come from. Been playing PoE for years but usually never have time to play because of work so I have always attributed me being broke in game to that. However this time I am inbetween jobs so have been basically mapping 8+ hours a day since release. I found zero divines, and really nothing over a 20-30c item here and there. Its like this every wipe for me though so not like I just got unlucky this time. On JSP every Tom, Dick, and Bob is selling thousands, or hundreds, or even if they were selling 10, Id be like where the fuck did you get that?? Is every person buying from RMT sites? Even if so, where are those sites getting that insane of amount? There are not that many ber runes going around on D2 at this point and the divine orbs seem just as rare to me. Or am I just completely farming the wrong areas or the wrong features of the game. TIA
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2024 02:33pm
hard to say.. there was a mod that made like 50-150 divines drop per map.. they nerfed it a few days ago so the market is already flooded due to that... just keep grinding red maps youll find some
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2024 03:08pm
basically follow these 3 rules and you will be like them:

1) always follow a guide, do NOT use your own builds or farming strategies
2) play for gain, not for fun
3) invest into chars, dont follow the usual double spirit/viper mf blizz sorc route cause you wont get jack shit

regars
also datz is right, you missed the broken mod :( dont worry though, the inflation is so extreme you missed nothing. kinda like bidenomics, having money doesnt mean much when money is devalued into shit ^_^

tldr: yes you are playing the game wrong :( this isnt for fun anymore, they added so much competition into fun that at some point it stopped even being fun

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Apr 7 2024 03:11pm
Gold: 131.00
Apr 7 2024 04:24pm
Yeah unfortunately the inflation is not in my favor though. Atziri's Disfavour was 4-5 divine at start and now it's 13. So as inflation adjusts the prices for that craziness, I still get the normal amount of divines (Never). With the cyclone build I chose I am kind of hardstuck at T12-T13 until I get that axe.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 7 2024 09:12pm
Quote (Abram_J @ Apr 8 2024 12:24am)
Yeah unfortunately the inflation is not in my favor though. Atziri's Disfavour was 4-5 divine at start and now it's 13. So as inflation adjusts the prices for that craziness, I still get the normal amount of divines (Never). With the cyclone build I chose I am kind of hardstuck at T12-T13 until I get that axe.

yeah thats peak poe for you ^_^

i dont get anything about poe really :unsure: i mean ive been doomsaying for years probably and i was right about the way poe was going to go, i just didnt expect people to play it despite that :mellow: i remember when people made their own builds, partied up and didnt get burned out after 2 days. now for whatever reason people are willing to literally grind as its their job, with a build they dont enjoy, avoiding talking to anyone in the process because it slows them down. and i simply cant understand why :unsure: this isnt about fun, i havent really heard from anyone that hes actually having fun apart from very competitive people like allience, and even then its not the game they enjoy, its competition. i just dont get it :unsure:

now ggg has 2 choices, either go kalandra route and reduce players power by half (which is a problem because its based on ppl at the top who wont even feel it, but will affect plebs like you and me the most), or just ignore the problem and let the whole thing snowball into '93 yugoslavia, where you would get the paycheck in the morning and buy 2 loafs of bread with it in the evening :mellow:

i think they will choose the latter cause poe 2 is relatively close and they can afford to kill poe 1 :unsure:
Gold: 946.60
Apr 7 2024 11:47pm
idk its a choose your own adventure, what events did you enjoy playing through the game? mine was the delrium mirrors so ive built im atlas around that and it can earn me some nice currency, kinda just pick an event an work your atlas to help you
Gold: 174,812.00
Apr 8 2024 12:32am
If your stuck at T13-14 thats the problem and cuts your earnings :<
Could be hard to get a nice strat at that difficulty level.

I guess Ber is rarer even if you run low curast vs white maps in poe xd
Gold: 4,535.00
Apr 8 2024 05:34am
I think you just get the wrong idea of how to play it.
Because its not like back in the original days

i get 8 div/h with yellow maps with a farming strat i do not really enjoy
i like testing stuff and most of my time i am just deleting currency with it
if i run out of currency for it, i got back to a safe strat to get divines.

You do need to deceide -
do you have the MOST fun while playing the game like you want to play it
or do you have the most fun gaining currency

see, everyone says you can make currency out of anything in poe, wich is basically true.
but you gotta :
1 - build your charakter for a farming strat you want to do
2 - optimise for that strat wich involves understanding the market
3 - get a good amount of farming materials for that strat to farm it - lets say 2-3 hours of the given 4 hours playtime daily
4 - use the last time you got to prepare your things for next day / upgrade your gear to farm faster

what else can you do is flipping, wich needs you to understand most of the value things in poe, like knowing uniques, knowing craftig receipes + costs and knowing what stats are very important depending on the baseitem - wich works into metabuilds etc.
the most of the money comes from trading.. i dont like it but it is what it is - i prefer killing thousands of monsters with a statisfying build so i do farm and dont trade
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll