d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Sluggish Stuck...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 149,250.05
Mar 27 2024 01:02pm
so.. im lvl 25 and got in with sluggish and who just keep multiplying...
i died and die and die.

How do i reset catatomb?
Gold: 163,001.58
Trader: Trusted
Mar 27 2024 01:07pm
Quote (MitcheIIway @ 27 Mar 2024 20:02)
i died and die and die.

How do i reset catatomb?

Create a group, then leave the group
Gold: 8,710.68
Mar 27 2024 03:39pm
Quote (MitcheIIway @ 28 Mar 2024 08:02)
i died and die and die.

How do i reset catatomb?

Quote (n1ghtm4r3 @ 28 Mar 2024 08:07)
Create a group, then leave the group

n1ghtm4r3 is correct if you haven't already created a group.

for me, it is the other way around because I always create a group ... thus I can leave it and then create another one.

However, there is a way to clear 9 Slugsliders:

Whittle down their hitpoints going back to town to regen and back in again... also identify the Healing slugs first and try to kill them off during the same process ... it takes practice to whittle them down to 3 pixels on their life bar and then move to the next one until all nine of them are near death. Go to town and ensure you are full life... enter and kill off as many as you can, DO NOT be concerned if they add in another one, just try and kill off as many of the 9 and go back to town to regen.

Note: this will take some time, but once you get into the rhythm, you will be fine.

Also, there is another trick... if you get a Slugslider... always try to kill this off, and if it spawns another one while trying to kill it off, start attacking the NEW one and kill it off, again, if that one spawns another one before killing it... start to kill the NEW one... repeat / rinse. Note: this sounds like crap, but it actually works.

I only solo, on HC and the two most annoying monster spawns are Slugslider (#1) and Gigabee (#2) with the "Call for Help" ability. I will always kill off first, even before a Stun monster like Peaktrice etc.

Hope this helps, it takes a little time identifying the monster image. Oh... with Slug being an Evil Presence... always kill off the new Slugs first before killing off the EP slug... so much easier that way.
Gold: 212.00
Mar 27 2024 06:20pm
Quote (MitcheIIway @ Mar 27 2024 03:02pm)
i died and die and die.

How do i reset catatomb?

I took a look at the gear you are running and if it's the items you have equipped currently my first advice is to get dagger and armor (leather, scale, plate cant use plate on rogue) that has the mod 'Enhanced Effect'
This will significantly improve your combat; allow you to take more hits, do more damage, etc.
You may still need to town/regen/fight using the above method, especially at higher levels if you don't invest in decent gear it will be very grindy.

Feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to discuss further some basic stuff to help improve your first climbs and make them feel much more fluid. :)

This post was edited by Epiphany on Mar 27 2024 07:08pm
Gold: 55,938.29
Mar 27 2024 11:47pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 27 2024 02:39pm)
n1ghtm4r3 is correct if you haven't already created a group.

for me, it is the other way around because I always create a group ... thus I can leave it and then create another one.

However, there is a way to clear 9 Slugsliders:

Whittle down their hitpoints going back to town to regen and back in again... also identify the Healing slugs first and try to kill them off during the same process ... it takes practice to whittle them down to 3 pixels on their life bar and then move to the next one until all nine of them are near death. Go to town and ensure you are full life... enter and kill off as many as you can, DO NOT be concerned if they add in another one, just try and kill off as many of the 9 and go back to town to regen.

Note: this will take some time, but once you get into the rhythm, you will be fine.

Also, there is another trick... if you get a Slugslider... always try to kill this off, and if it spawns another one while trying to kill it off, start attacking the NEW one and kill it off, again, if that one spawns another one before killing it... start to kill the NEW one... repeat / rinse. Note: this sounds like crap, but it actually works.

I only solo, on HC and the two most annoying monster spawns are Slugslider (#1) and Gigabee (#2) with the "Call for Help" ability. I will always kill off first, even before a Stun monster like Peaktrice etc.

Hope this helps, it takes a little time identifying the monster image. Oh... with Slug being an Evil Presence... always kill off the new Slugs first before killing off the EP slug... so much easier that way.

Quicker strategy would be to ask for help from almost anyone online since most of us have a higher lvl character/mule that could destroy them quickly
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll