d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Exercise Is Unhealthy
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,057.12
Warn: 50%
Mar 27 2024 07:41pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 27 2024 08:15pm)
I can tell you’ve never done hard manual labour lol.
It’s more of a workout than anything in the gym, and it’s been done for thousands of years, whether it’s farming, building etc.

Also, most indigenous tribes do run and sprint long distances (longer than the animals they hunt, they tire them out then kill them)

And if you just look at the over 70+ track and field athletes. They’re all exceptional moving humans that live well into their 90’s, not only live, but can move better than 99% of their counter parts.

You’re just trying to justify being lazy. It’s okay.

humans don't do manual labor "in nature" you buffoon. they spend a day building a shelter and have essentially nothing to do ever again regarding it. you think humans 50,000 years ago did manual labor?

and NO most indigenous tribes do not run and sprint long distances to tire out animals. lmao

go back to the bank meat head, anthropology isnt your arena
Gold: 5,284.73
Mar 27 2024 07:45pm
Quote (hoipolloi @ Mar 27 2024 07:41pm)
humans don't do manual labor "in nature" you buffoon. they spend a day building a shelter and have essentially nothing to do ever again regarding it. you think humans 50,000 years ago did manual labor?

and NO most indigenous tribes do not run and sprint long distances to tire out animals. lmao

go back to the bank meat head, anthropology isnt your arena

Persistence hunting, look it up.

But okay my man, you sit on the couch and do nothing and enjoy your sedentary lifestyle.

Sounds like fun.
Mar 27 2024 07:49pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 27 2024 08:45pm)

But okay my man, you sit on the couch and do nothing and enjoy your sedentary lifestyle.

Sounds like fun.

thx 4 advice, first result from google :

This is a fringe idea which gained a cult following after the publication of "Born to Run", a book that became very popular in the media. It inspired TV shows and book reviews in the NYT, got a lot of people talking.

So far as actual evidence goes, you can divide it 3 ways:

Evidence from pre-historic hunter-gatherer societies: zip

Evidence from historic hunter-gatherer societies: zilch

Evidence from modern hunter-gatherer societies: n = 1 (kinda sorta)

To my knowledge, the only time persistence hunting has been observed and written about in a peer reviewed journal is in the case of four San hunters from the Kalahari, who performed 8 persistence hunts, 2 or 3 of which were successful. I'm not sure if they could honestly be called "persistence", because they involved a leisurely stroll with the animal dead in a couple hours, or else gone for good.

We do have zillions of examples of both modern and historic hunters not persistence hunting. Common methods appear to be stalking, ambushing, waylaying animals when they cross a steam or choke point, traps, etc.

Perhaps persistence hunting is not possible outside the Kalahari, in other environments which are cooler, more shady, harder to track. Perhaps it only works in a semi-desert where it's really really hot and there are no trees for shade and the ground preserves nice tracks so you don't have to worry if the deer runs out of sight, you can just keep following its tracks until you find it.

At any rate, this fortunate set of circumstances appears to be rare enough that we don't see persistence hunting much at all. I recall that those successful Kalahari hunts didn't produce much meat in return for the man hours invested. Probably they'd have gotten more meat if they just stayed home and set up traps in suitable spots nearby.
Mar 27 2024 09:22pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 27 2024 08:45pm)

Sounds like fun.

i sry i called u a buffoon Tear, that was not cool
Gold: 66,000.00
Apr 5 2024 11:23am
is this satire right
?
Apr 5 2024 02:25pm
Quote (CeeSmithy @ Apr 5 2024 12:23pm)
is this satire right
?

You gonna expand on your point or just blindly state it ? You have any rationale or facts or just regurgitating what you've heard your whole life
Gold: 1,803.00
Apr 7 2024 09:46pm
Iirc, this was the former POTUS's philosophy as well.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll