d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why People Call Trumpers A Cult
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2024 10:12am
Two reporters, one of whom with a stutter, talked to some Trump fans at a rally, to ask about Trump mocking people with disabilities, including mocking Biden's stutter.

Looked like they looked for people with disabilities. All of them disapproved of Trump belittling people with disabilities but they all will vote for him no matter what. Some of them tried to make excuses or rationalized Trump's behavior.

Near a food truck inside the venue, I struck up a conversation with a woman from Cincinnati named Vanessa Miller. She was wearing a T-shirt that read Jesus Is My Savior, Trump Is My President, and a dog tag inscribed with the serenity prayer. She hadn’t seen, or heard about, the clip of Trump mimicking Biden. “Trump is a good man,” Miller said. “He’s not perfect. Biden is not handicapped. He’s just an ass, and he does not care about this country.” She went on, “If Trump made fun of Biden, well, like I said, he’s not perfect, but it wasn’t about a disability. It was about how he has made this country dysfunctional, not disabled.”

A bit later, she told me that “Biden doesn’t stutter; he’s mentally incapable of running this country.” But then she did something surprising: She reached out and grabbed my arm in a maternal fashion. “And I feel what you’re—I feel what you’re saying,” she said, acknowledging my own stutter. “People that are unkind to people with disabilities, it’s shameful. It’s awful. Absolutely disgusting. And I guess I understand that, like, in an election, you know, it gets ugly, and elections get competitive, and people say things, people do things.”

I unlocked my phone and showed her a video of Trump’s stuttering impression. She turned her focus to the mainstream media in general. She said that “for the press to inflame and use disabilities to get people riled up is exactly what they want.” Nothing would stop her from voting for Trump.

This pattern continued in nearly every interaction that day: skepticism, a momentary denouncement, then an eventual conclusion that Trump was still a man worth their vote. A woman named Susie Michael, who runs a Mathnasium tutoring center, told me, “I don’t appreciate the making-fun-of part, but he doesn’t have to be my best friend. He just has to do the best job for the country and for me. So I have to overlook that, because everybody has their good points and their bad points.”

Shana, a special-education teacher from Indiana who did not give her last name, told me, “​I would still support him because I feel like people make mistakes. They say things they shouldn’t say. And I feel like God is the judge on that, you know, and that we’re to forgive him.” She noted that if Trump were to mock Biden’s stutter at this rally, she’d be inclined to write him a letter saying that “everybody was born of God and that we shouldn’t be making fun of anybody.”

Read in The Atlantic: https://apple.news/AuDomSScxT6epbHHzbsjErA

So what is this mindset, disapprove of certain behavior, then rationalize it, then say they support Trump no matter what?

Mass psychosis?
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 25 2024 10:23am
It's mixed, I would divide it in three parts:

- Money: those having investiments/business fitting well with a "trump policies" situation, despite the side consequences, are eventually about to vote for him.
- Destruction/Chaos: those who want to watch their country to burn, expecting a reset, or trolling, are also about to vote for him.
- Cult/Populism: mixing ignorance, bigotry, and eventually xenophobia whitout realizing they will lose the few they have left (poor & undereducated) are also about to vote for him.

Never said the american far left activists were much better.
Mar 25 2024 10:37am
No one gives a fuck about this kind of bullshit when everything is inflated in price. Who is going to put more money in our pockets and more food on the table. That will always be the most important issue, the rest is just a waste of time.

Who gives a fuck if your kid has a stutter, can you afford to feed the fucking child or not?
Mar 25 2024 10:40am
Quote (UmadLoL @ Mar 25 2024 11:37am)
No one gives a fuck about this kind of bullshit when everything is inflated in price. Who is going to put more money in our pockets and more food on the table. That will always be the most important issue, the rest is just a waste of time.

Who gives a fuck if your kid has a stutter, can you afford to feed the fucking child or not?

you think inflation is unique to the U.S. that's very cute
Warn: 10%
Mar 25 2024 10:52am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

So because the guy stuttered or something we need to vote democrat?

The fuck are you talking about? In what fucking world should maybe kinda sorta being mean to somebody have anything at all to do with being qualified for a job?

OP is the type of person who should not be allowed to vote. Somebody was mean once so I am going to use my vote to fuck American citizens in their ass.

Holy shit dude.

This post was edited by YeeHaw on Mar 25 2024 10:53am
Gold: 16,514.00
Mar 25 2024 10:54am
A mass psychosis is an epidemic of madness, and it occurs when a large portion of a society loses touch with reality and descends into delusions.

yep!
Mar 25 2024 10:55am
Quote (YeeHaw @ Mar 25 2024 11:52am)
So because the guy stuttered or something we need to vote democrat?

The fuck are you talking about? In what fucking world should maybe kinda sorta being mean to somebody have anything at all to do with being qualified for a job?

OP is the type of person who should not be allowed to vote. Somebody was mean once so I am going to use my vote to fuck American citizens in their ass.

Holy shit dude.

What fantasy land do you live in? There are millions of jobs where dignity is expected or you're fired.
Mar 25 2024 11:04am
Quote (MildSambal @ Mar 25 2024 11:55am)
What fantasy land do you live in? There are millions of jobs where dignity is expected or you're fired.

I live in the real world, where people want results not a pussy fuck talk softly and be nice for the cameras and fuck everybody behind the scenes like we have now.

Come on dude we don’t need this shit. We have gotten fucked beyond belief the past few years and you want to say stupid shit like this. Boo fucking hoo stay home on Election Day. You are not needed.
Mar 25 2024 11:06am
Quote (YeeHaw @ Mar 25 2024 12:04pm)
I live in the real world, where people want results not a pussy fuck talk softly and be nice for the cameras and fuck everybody behind the scenes like we have now.

Come on dude we don’t need this shit. We have gotten fucked beyond belief the past few years and you want to say stupid shit like this. Boo fucking hoo stay home on Election Day. You are not needed.

Nice black and white fallacy you have. You have convinced yourself that if your tribe doesn't win, then doom is assured.

Simultaneously you are super short sighted to only care about the goal while ignoring the process. In doing so, you are willing to forego the long term and the dignity of the station.
Mar 25 2024 11:34am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (MildSambal @ Mar 25 2024 12:06pm)
Nice black and white fallacy you have. You have convinced yourself that if your tribe doesn't win, then doom is assured.

Simultaneously you are super short sighted to only care about the goal while ignoring the process. In doing so, you are willing to forego the long term and the dignity of the station.

Whatever. Act like a crying pussy and sacrifice my well being because Waah trump said something kinda sorta mean once.

Again, and I am not the least bit shy about this shit anymore, your vote is not needed. Stay home on election day. Leave decision making to people who aren’t fucking retarded.

Done pretending to have civil conversation with people like this. Your kind are the dumbest fucking people on planet earth and do not need to involve yourselves with actions that may affect the rest of this nation. Stay home. Suppress your own vote.

This post was edited by YeeHaw on Mar 25 2024 11:36am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll