d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Bring This Website Into 2024?
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,708.00
Mar 21 2024 08:17pm
So, we recently got warned because we bumped one of our posts too many times. A friend I recently invited to the site was helping me with some stuff and over bumped our topic because each hour once we were ready in hell tides he would post something. I was told this site has been around for 2 decades so just follow the rules from 2 decades ago, but my suggestion and I hope this suggestion portion is limited to just moderators is to create a rule which only allows a post to only be bumped every 4 hours. So what if someone posts 50 times, just set some web programming to ignore it and don't put it to the top but once every 4 hours if that is your intended bump limit. Shoot Diablo.trade is only a few months old and it can scan an image and tell your it's 4 stats and categorize it into a super customizable search engine. With how old this site is and how much money has been put into it, this site should be able to provide these basic features. If this is viewable by more than admins please take this post down, I just saw site suggestions and thought I'd give it a shot.
Gold: 466.99
Mar 21 2024 08:39pm
just simply tell your friend skyler about the bump rule.

Mar 21 2024 09:58pm
I think not improving the site is an option.
Gold: 220.55
Mar 21 2024 10:21pm
Hey boss!
As a member who has been around for nearly the two decades you've heard about I can confirm that d2jsp has been 'face-lifted' several times throughout the years and it's a matter of time, resources, coding, all of that to be considered when making changes. The bump rules vary from section to section on the forums, 4+ hours has been standard for a long time and is in place for what I would assume is the simplest way to apply the time/resources/coding mentioned a moment ago, and make it fair for users across the board to get their topic's visibility in. Your service threads can still be searched for, found using the filters, and noticed following the current bumping rules. There are a few things I could offer as advice, maybe?

1) Make sure you are using clear keywords in your topics, even use multiples, to make the searching function more catered to your topic
    2) Add links to your service topic within your d2jsp signature - this helps the visibility as when you are offering on items for other trades, users have a chance to see your service topic in the signature and it may draw interest. You can see the user above has a trade thread in their signature, so they get that visibility to their trade thread across the forums as they post, be mindful though there is a limit to how many lines of text you can have in your signature as well
      Text sections of your signature shall not exceed 6 lines of text if you include no images, and 3 lines of text if you have an image.

3) Since you and your friend have the ability to offer the same service, you could EACH technically have ONE service thread offering the same service and you could offset bumping them as long as you are respecting the 4+ hour bump rule within those topics.
    4) I saw your GH topic earlier and checked out the trade thread you referenced - in the d4 section when I click the 'services' tab, that thread is still pretty high on the first page, people searching and filtering for services will see your topic, without a doubt, so bumping it more frequent than 4 hours isn't necessary whether the staff would be willing to adjust the bump rule anyway (this is just my opinion), something that could help it stand out more is investing the 5-10fg into making the topic red, bold, or both. Definitely draws more attention to the topics and in the grand scheme of things will end up paying for itself with the added visibility.

I understand it might be frustrating with the topics falling from the first page of the 'ALL' tab so quickly, and the timing not coinciding with the helltide refresh, etc - just hoping to help you get the most out of what is currently at our disposal.
To my knowledge the majority if-not-all of the staff is volunteer and they are people just like you and I who also balance real lives so creating and implementing features like what you are suggesting are nonsensical compared to a very simple rule ' do not bump your topic within 4 hours from the last post. '
Hope this helps, cheers!
Mar 21 2024 10:33pm
I thought this was a suggestions tab, please lock or delete this post.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll