d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Changes To D4
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2024 05:15pm
Quote (FORt-HOBO @ Mar 21 2024 04:03pm)
I mean, i'll just give you a better sense of what i mean by burned. Not only did you overpay in this case massively(lets be real here ARPG gameplay isn't exactly fantastic, its incredibly simplistic that is in part held together by dopamine hits related to finding upgrades and facilitating progress) which nobody likes doing, anyone who for some reason thought D4 would have anything resembling D2, or even be as good as d3, was deeply disappointed with something that clearly isn't going to get a whole lot better in the forseeable future. You can always say $70 isn't alot, which is true for most people, but nobody wants buy a ber rune for like 5x its worth or find out they massively overpaid for it. Especially when its meant to be a sucessor to one of the most anticipated game franchises and with D3's pretty dismal progression. You're waiting years for something to become good(would argue its game DNA prevents it from ever getting there) when you could have bought like 2-3 games that are just straight up better.

The other games, especially single player games, tend to have way better story, way better game play, last longer, where ARPGS and MMos tend to deliver a slow burn over time. If you're playing D4 for the story you could have bought like any of the $15-20 other arpgs just for the story and they'd be fine. You could buy torchlight 1 and have a similar experience. If you had to pick between D4 and skyrim on sale, you should pick skyrim, even if D4 was $20

You can have your opinion but I'll just say that there's no need to be so negative

I would buy D4 again without a second thought even if you assume there's no multiplayer or online play. The campaign has high production value and is worth $70 on it's own unless you are so cheap that you can't afford games that aren't GOTY tier

The endgame was not for me, but maybe season 4 could change that. I'm not holding my breath for it, but it's free and low time investment to try for a day or two.
Gold: 815.00
Mar 21 2024 05:38pm
Quote (dannywanghere @ Mar 21 2024 07:15pm)
You can have your opinion but I'll just say that there's no need to be so negative

I would buy D4 again without a second thought even if you assume there's no multiplayer or online play. The campaign has high production value and is worth $70 on it's own unless you are so cheap that you can't afford games that aren't GOTY tier

The endgame was not for me, but maybe season 4 could change that. I'm not holding my breath for it, but it's free and low time investment to try for a day or two.

I agree with you on this. People are soooo negative and the campaign alone was worth the money. Story is great in d4 (not as good as in d2 but close). If the gameplay gets better, I will be more than glad to reinstall the game and give it another go. I heard it feels like a total new game if you haven't played in a while (like myself).

Hope you get a blast out of it 💪
Gold: 215,303.01
Mar 21 2024 05:48pm
Quote (dannywanghere @ Mar 21 2024 07:15pm)

I think there's quite a bit to be negative about. Doesn't help that i think they abandoned what made D2 great and can't put out a sequel anywhere near in quality(0-2 now, this isn't the first time and it just looks like they're taking advantage of their customers trust), but yes, its just a video game.

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Mar 21 2024 05:50pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2024 06:07pm
Quote (FORt-HOBO @ Mar 21 2024 04:48pm)
I think there's quite a bit to be negative about. Doesn't help that i think they abandoned what made D2 great and can't put out a sequel anywhere near in quality(0-2 now, this isn't the first time and it just looks like they're taking advantage of their customers trust), but yes, its just a video game.

I can agree that blizzard sucks and I have many negative things to say about their decisions in the last 2 decades

D2R was fantastic to be fair, but wasn't even developed inhouse if I understand
Gold: 215,303.01
Mar 21 2024 06:43pm
Quote (dannywanghere @ Mar 21 2024 08:07pm)
I can agree that blizzard sucks and I have many negative things to say about their decisions in the last 2 decades

D2R was fantastic to be fair, but wasn't even developed inhouse if I understand

It wasn't. They started it in house i think, put passed it off to Vicarious visions. VV has now been absorbed into blizzard tho.I think D2R may be the last game i buy from blizz. If you asked me 20 years or so ago i'd have never thought that would be possible. Think we're incredibly lucky VV were the ones who made D2R

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Mar 21 2024 06:44pm
Gold: 1,211.01
Mar 21 2024 07:17pm
nope

lmk when there’s competitive pvp doe
Gold: 815.00
Mar 21 2024 08:00pm
Quote (FORt-HOBO @ Mar 21 2024 08:43pm)
It wasn't. They started it in house i think, put passed it off to Vicarious visions. VV has now been absorbed into blizzard tho.I think D2R may be the last game i buy from blizz. If you asked me 20 years or so ago i'd have never thought that would be possible. Think we're incredibly lucky VV were the ones who made D2R

VV should takeover D4 at this point lol D2R is a masterpiece and I bought it twice for this reason (xbox and pc).

Blizzard sucks but its a huuuuge company, I'm optimistic that they can figure it out and deliver us the game we deserve and paid for.

I'm surely going to receive rocks for saying this but look at Starfield and how bad and buggy and empty it was at the beginning?
If Bethesda managed to fix Starfield and make it a great game I don't see why Blizz can't make D4 as enjoyable if not more than D2 if and only IF they truely listen to the community.... Whats left of it anyway
Gold: 445.97
Mar 21 2024 08:07pm
Quote (dannywanghere @ Mar 21 2024 03:56pm)
I don't know how much financial stress people are under, but $70 is no big deal if you're getting 30-40 hours of gameplay for a PVE campaign. Saying people got "burned" is a hilariously exaggerated claim. Almost everyone here already bought D4 and simply quit after the campaign, so if you're in this boat then it costs you nothing to try season 4 for a couple hours to see if you like it. It's not like D2R is so incredibly engaging that you can't miss 1 day of grinding.

Also, have you ever played a single player game? Final fantasy, Mario games, Zelda, etc? Hundreds of millions of people are happy to spend $60-70 on a game with 30-40 hours (or even 8-10 hours or less, for action games) of gameplay that you never touch again.

If you want to say "burned" then look at things like apple vision pro where you spend $4000 to watch YouTube a couple times before forgetting it exists

bro, $50 for d2 gave 2 decades worth of enjoyment. and now we're defending $70 for 30-40 hours? lmao... i give up

i swear, sometimes it's the players who deserve these shitty games. stop setting the bar so fcking low. no wonder why they hijack your damn mouse cursor and activate battle passes, and ya'll still gonna try out the next season. should be ashamed of yourselves

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Mar 21 2024 08:10pm
Gold: 385.00
Mar 21 2024 09:12pm
The changes sound promising. I don’t know if it’s enough to bring me back though. I’m still looking for them to break the horrific duriel loop.

It seems it’s moving in the right direction. just a question of whether it’s enough.
Gold: 871.00
Mar 21 2024 09:18pm
Great changes !! Diablo IV can still be salvaged and be turned into a decent game. I wonder what the first Expansion will do to the game.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll