d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > So I Tried To Hop On D2 After 3y
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 61,657.37
Mar 19 2024 10:22am
Quote (Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins @ 19 Mar 2024 17:16)
For whatever reason they don’t like that IP.

Blizzard has soft blocked and completely blocked business IPs. They might be mistakenly (or correctly) associating your IP with a business IP.

I also had some issues around 2018/2019 with a new ISP I had after I moved and had to call the ISP to do some config changes to my specific network specifications along with doing some port changes on my router. I don’t remember exactly what it was however.

Long story short, blizzard has some a lot of haphazard attempts to stop botting. All of which have easy work arounds. So really all they did was create issues for real players due to false positives for botting.

I'm gonna do some more testing in next couple of weeks since this topic interests me more from a pure technical perspective than lets say gaming experience and if somehow happens to narrow it out will surelly update here - gonna try from some other public IP's that I have access to, maybe even for sh1ts and giggles contact the blizz support, will see ;)

looking forward for more insight on this from other jsp folks, I belive someone out there experienced simillar "issues"
Gold: 530.40
Mar 19 2024 10:23am
Quote (ipip @ Mar 19 2024 11:22am)
I'm gonna do some more testing in next couple of weeks since this topic interests me more from a pure technical perspective than lets say gaming experience and if somehow happens to narrow it out will surelly update here - gonna try from some other public IP's that I have access to, maybe even for sh1ts and giggles contact the blizz support, will see ;)

looking forward for more insight on this from other jsp folks, I belive someone out there experienced simillar "issues"

When you try new IPs, make sure on that new IP you use a different CD key and different d2 account.
Mar 19 2024 10:27am
Quote (Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins @ 19 Mar 2024 17:23)
When you try new IPs, make sure on that new IP you use a different CD key and different d2 account.

true - it may "carry the temp ban" over otherwise, the problem is I have only 1 cdkey, the original one back from the day - maybe ill get a new one, will see, maybe contacting blizz before isnt that bad of idea after all
Gold: 530.40
Mar 19 2024 10:33am
I’m sure you can get someone to give you a cd key to test. you got a lod/classic key this dude can test?
Mar 19 2024 10:47am
Quote (Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins @ 19 Mar 2024 17:33)
I’m sure you can get someone to give you a cd key to test. ^0x1 you got a lod/classic key this dude can test?

Thanks, but It's totally fine - there is no need and I could not accept a cdkey even for a test from someone else after all - don't wanna accidentaly carry a temp ban or whatever to someone elses cdkey - if there will be need I'll just buy a new one, will see :)
Mar 20 2024 09:19am
Update: my cdkeys are not tagged - confirmed by running D2 at my workplace network - no temp delays while joining/creating games. Thats well enough for me - starting with, I never saw a reason why would my cdkeys be tagged - and have to admit, I was a bit surprised at first when I saw a temp ban.

Quote (Bui6Pays40Percent4Wins @ 19 Mar 2024 17:16)
For whatever reason they don’t like that IP.

this - as You mentioned - blizz is no friends with my ISP - btw LTE connection I was using yesterday was same operator as my "landline" ISP - they use different IP subnets for mobile and "home internet" but it is clear now those subnets are tagged by blizz.

IP addresses are assigned dynamicly by this ISP - so... I restarted my router few times and tried with different IP - no difference - guess that is enough to confirm whole subnet must be tagged, or at least the range of IP's my region is required to get. I'm not very surprised here tho - dynamic IPs, a lot of lets call them "24/7 D2 players" over the years probably "earned" this IP subnet ban at blizz.

Routing traffic via proxy or any vpn could be a solution here.

I'm still curious tho what blizz tech support would say - if I decide to contact them, will post an update.

Its clear that IP ban is one of very few mechanics of dealing with those who "literally play D2 24/7" ;) but on the other hand punishing "everyone" for someone elses sins is no fun eather :) - blizz will probably respond politely that they can do nothing about this, so I'm rather leaning towards not to do more in this case, not that I care much since probably gonna keep on playing D2R, will see :)

This post was edited by ipip on Mar 20 2024 09:24am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 23 2024 08:55pm
used to drive me crazy, getting temp bans muling
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll