d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > What Are You Reading Right Now?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,317.74
Mar 14 2024 11:25am
New thread because the other one is older than 3 months and isn't accepting new posts.

I'm currently reading Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

"Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow" is a gripping novel that follows the journey of two friends, Sam and Sadie, who become renowned video game designers. Their partnership leads to fame, success, and tragedy as they navigate through the complexities of creativity, ambition, and love.

It's a bit of a diversion from my regular reading, but on the recommendation of a friend I picked it up and have been quickly making my way through the book.

Gold: 8,037.00
Mar 14 2024 03:49pm
Cowboy up Tom jerry
Apr 11 2024 05:56am

"50 Literature Ideas You Really Need to Know" by John Sutherland is a comprehensive guide that offers concise summaries and insights into fifty key concepts in literature. Sutherland covers a wide range of topics, from literary genres and movements to critical theories and influential authors. Each idea is explained in a clear and accessible manner, making it an ideal resource for both literature enthusiasts and students looking to deepen their understanding of the subject. The book serves as a handy reference for anyone interested in exploring the fundamental concepts that shape the world of literature.

This post was edited by x_h on Apr 11 2024 05:57am
Apr 16 2024 05:23am

Time of the Magicians: Wittgenstein, Benjamin, Cassirer, Heidegger, and the Decade That Reinvented Philosophy

"Time of the Magicians" by Wolfram Eilenberger delves into the intellectual landscape of early 20th-century Europe, focusing on the lives and ideas of four influential philosophers: Ludwig Wittgenstein, Walter Benjamin, Ernst Cassirer, and Martin Heidegger. Set against the backdrop of the tumultuous interwar period, the book explores how these thinkers grappled with existential questions, the nature of language, the rise of technology, and the crisis of modernity. Eilenberger paints a vivid portrait of their intellectual journeys, interweaving biography with philosophical discourse, and highlights how their ideas shaped the course of contemporary thought.

This post was edited by x_h on Apr 16 2024 05:24am
Apr 28 2024 09:04am

Star Wars: Lost Stars

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_Stars

This is the first Star Wars novel I've read, I'm not that far into the book yet, but I've heard it's good and wanted to give the star wars books a try for awhile now.

This post was edited by x_h on Apr 28 2024 09:05am
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll