d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Rework The Fishing Well Changes
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 195.65
Mar 7 2024 04:39pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Mar 7 2024 02:49pm)
Item management is intended to be tedious. Try renting a vault!

Doesn't help with the problem they are having with high fishing level.
Gold: 3,617.85
Mar 7 2024 05:00pm
Quote (Jupiter5 @ 8 Mar 2024 03:48)
I just did some fishing and the first well lasted about 800 prof, second one about 2300 and the third about 200. I think well longevity affects it too and so does the speed of catching fish, because if you catch them faster you spawn more monsters.

It looks like a well would last an average of 1-1.5k prof, which is way too low. You already need a well to get rid of white items so if you need multiple wells for fishing too, that's pretty bad.

The easiest solution is to make the wells last about 3 times as long IMO, because you can get about 3-5k prof in a day, so you can at least do that in 1 well.

Or make fishing skip 1 tier in pond per 20 ranks instead of 15 in a well, OR give us 8 more item slots!

I don't fish anymore, I am unsure how many prof points you need to gain a Rank, I thought it was the same as Weapons and Charms .... 1000 Rank 1 ... 3000 Rank 2 etc.

Is it based on "Time" or "Actions" to successfully catch a fish... How many actions (1s delay) on average to successfully catch a fish? 10 actions including "Snag"? How much prof points do you get for that Fish caught? 6, 12, 25 etc? All I see is 200 (damn that is great compared to maximum of 10 per monster from dropping in an item in the Well and it breaking on the 1 item dropped in.

Hey... I don't know jack about fishing... but those prof numbers you are putting out there is fucking awesome in comparison to Weapons and Charms and only max 10 per wave which means to reach 200 prof points, the well would need to last for 20 items thrown into it.

I will just say that they should add another item or a modifier to items that has Extra Item Slots same as the current Extra Equipment Slot modifier... I have stated this in another post before.

As for Wells... they do need some rework... but for Fishing... I would suggest that the Pond needs Rework, OR... add in another Area... like a Beach (harder to fish, but better rewards) ... Maybe even "Rock Fishing" ... again better rewards and less crap.

Sorry... that is how I feel at the moment... null vote for now... but to me... wells should only be for white items and not fishing.
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Mar 8 2024 12:33am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 7 2024 11:00pm)
I don't fish anymore, I am unsure how many prof points you need to gain a Rank, I thought it was the same as Weapons and Charms .... 1000 Rank 1 ... 3000 Rank 2 etc.

Is it based on "Time" or "Actions" to successfully catch a fish... How many actions (1s delay) on average to successfully catch a fish? 10 actions including "Snag"? How much prof points do you get for that Fish caught? 6, 12, 25 etc? All I see is 200 (damn that is great compared to maximum of 10 per monster from dropping in an item in the Well and it breaking on the 1 item dropped in.

Hey... I don't know jack about fishing...
but those prof numbers you are putting out there is fucking awesome in comparison to Weapons and Charms and only max 10 per wave which means to reach 200 prof points, the well would need to last for 20 items thrown into it.

I will just say that they should add another item or a modifier to items that has Extra Item Slots same as the current Extra Equipment Slot modifier... I have stated this in another post before.

As for Wells... they do need some rework... but for Fishing... I would suggest that the Pond needs Rework, OR... add in another Area... like a Beach (harder to fish, but better rewards) ... Maybe even "Rock Fishing" ... again better rewards and less crap.

Sorry... that is how I feel at the moment... null vote for now... but to me... wells should only be for white items and not fishing.

SKILLING PROFICIENCY IS MUCH MUCH HIGHER AND FASTER THAN WEAPON AND CHARM PROFICIENCY! YOU CAN GET 85 transmuting xp in 1 item. You cannot get 85 proficiency clicking on monsters in the same amount of time. They were never intended to be the same. You're comparing apples and oranges and you said " I don't know jack about fishing" which literally sums up the whole thing. Don't get involved in this topic degrading the validity of this suggestion if you don't even comprehend how the fishing system works.

Your highest proficiency is rank 1 fishing. I think you're unqualified to understand and debate this. I say that because you have to get higher ranks to understand how fishing actually works.
Fishing is actually a very complex skill. The fish stack limits, the types of fish and tiers, the fish rod dynamic, managing 14 item slots while trying to juggle 21+ different types of fish.

Also, other skills like transmuting can just be done while sitting in town incessantly 24-7. Fishing already requires u to have to hunt down a well, now it requires u to hunt down infinite wells, meanwhile transmuting once again, is far more profitable and has 0 restrictions. I dare say glyphing is the same tbh however the xp gained from glyphing is 10x worse than transmuting.

All in all, you don't have to give your opinion on something if you don't fully understand it. Sometimes it's ok to just sit one of these suggestions out :D .
All that aside I can completely agree with you in saying the fishing pond could accommodate what the well does for fishing.
Mar 8 2024 05:21am
Quote (Bob888 @ 8 Mar 2024 19:33)
SKILLING PROFICIENCY IS MUCH MUCH HIGHER AND FASTER THAN WEAPON AND CHARM PROFICIENCY! YOU CAN GET 85 transmuting xp in 1 item. You cannot get 85 proficiency clicking on monsters in the same amount of time. They were never intended to be the same. You're comparing apples and oranges and you said " I don't know jack about fishing" which literally sums up the whole thing. Don't get involved in this topic degrading the validity of this suggestion if you don't even comprehend how the fishing system works.

Your highest proficiency is rank 1 fishing. I think you're unqualified to understand and debate this. I say that because you have to get higher ranks to understand how fishing actually works.
Fishing is actually a very complex skill. The fish stack limits, the types of fish and tiers, the fish rod dynamic, managing 14 item slots while trying to juggle 21+ different types of fish.

Also, other skills like transmuting can just be done while sitting in town incessantly 24-7. Fishing already requires u to have to hunt down a well, now it requires u to hunt down infinite wells, meanwhile transmuting once again, is far more profitable and has 0 restrictions. I dare say glyphing is the same tbh however the xp gained from glyphing is 10x worse than transmuting.

All in all, you don't have to give your opinion on something if you don't fully understand it. Sometimes it's ok to just sit one of these suggestions out :D .
All that aside I can completely agree with you in saying the fishing pond could accommodate what the well does for fishing.

You just proved my point. And... I deleted my SC characters that had more ranks in fishing and cooking...WTF is your point? You just admitted it in your first paragraph... you gain more prof points when fishing in comparison to Melee or Casting (Heal including) ... Are you that arrogant or ignorant to your own post?

Here is a simple fact that you just pointed out...:

I throw in 1 item into the well and the MAXIMUM prof points I gain is 10... end of fucking story... the well breaks... and I get 10 prof points.

Now from your OWN post... you fish in a well ONCE, but you gain what? 85 prof points? ... and then the Well breaks... what the fuck is your issue? and your post?

You pointed it all out in your Blah that actually is what I was fucking posting.. but you want to talk about Transmuting when the thread is about Wells and the Effects with Fishing that has NOTHING to do with Transmuting???? Wtf... do you transmute items in a WELL???

I am lost in your post.

EDIT: hmm... as annoyed as I am... I just got out of a 10% warn... thus I won't bother with imbecile comments made when they don't have anything related to my post in the thread about fishing and Wells.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 8 2024 05:26am
Gold: 61,351.85
Mar 8 2024 08:24am
i almost quit this game cuz the stupid change about wells. lv30 fishing rank is a nightmare if you don’t have a well

This post was edited by Metalslug3 on Mar 8 2024 08:27am
Gold: 94,704.08
Mar 8 2024 08:34am
The prof numbers in the first post are the total amount of prof I've gained until the well disappeared. I obviously don't get 200 prof per fish? I need about 5-9 clicks to catch a fish and it gives me 2-5 prof, but that is very complicated, because it depends on what level you attempt to fish at, what rod you're using etc. Long story short, the longer it takes you to catch a fish, the more prof you get (the majority of times).

Have you tried fishing in a well after the change? That is exactly how it works now, the well that lasted 200 prof points disappeared after 1 monster spawn, which is the equivalent of dropping 1 item in it. Sorry, Rex, but the things you're saying aren't related imo. If you want an even better explanation: You start fishing in a well and each time you successfully complete the attempt, there is some chance that instead of catching a fish, you will spawn a monster (EP or not) OR you will get an item in your drop box. From what I've seen so far, the chance of spawning a monster is infinitely higher than catching an item and the well only disappears after killing a monster.

The issue with your analogy is that while we appreciate the update and I was very excited about it at first, the benefits of spawning monsters or catching items while you fish are outweighed by the fact that the well can disappear in 10-15 minutes. You catch a total of about 50-60 fish and you need to find a new well, which can take up to an hour or more if you're unlucky. Nobody wants that, if you wanna fish you just wanna fish, not look for wells.

I get what you're saying, but that wasn't my point. If I want to farm fishing prof I can still do it in the pond and be 5-10 times more efficient than your weapon/casting prof, because that's how the game works with all skills like Bob said. If you have a problem with it, that's another topic.

*Don't read this unless you're Rex* - I've heard prof gain for weapons/casting worked differently before and it was nerfed, so I don't know what to tell you. There was some guy with ridiculously high prof for his kills, but I can't find him. Take Stylers for example. He has insane prof for the incredibly low amount of climbs/kills he has. And it was most likely done when the well was permanent and you could spam "infinite" low lvl items and farm prof if you wanted to. Things have changed and you can't do that now, don't ask me why. Almost nobody is welling lvl 0-20 items now, because it's impossible to find enough wells to do that and I think that's pretty bad. I know they are low lvl items, but there should still be a way to do them, because now there's a massive chunk of white items dropping that are just useless, there's no way you can do them. - *Tangent over*

So the problem is that if I want to get a lot of prof I can still do it, but I have to fish in a pond and if I do that, then I don't have enough room for all the tiers of fish I get and it will only get worse. Fishing is the fastest paced skill in the game, gets even faster with an event, so you have to organise or delete fish all the time. Like Itoons said, if new options are added that can delete the low fish or set some requirements automatically, or increase our item slots, that would help. After a certain point you need the extra slots even if you fish in a well.

The pond can be reworked or a new area can be added, I'm not against that. A lot of different solutions can be made!
Gold: 16,520.46
Mar 8 2024 08:49am

What about more fish? mystical / angelic fishes haha
currently in a well I think I got more monsters than fishes
and the fact that the fishing level always go back to your prof level and have to reset it everytime is boring also

About the mystical fish or so, could be a replacement to totem or potion and so you can get a stat point on top of the life / mana

This post was edited by Tds95 on Mar 8 2024 08:55am
Gold: 94,704.08
Mar 8 2024 09:14am
Quote (Tds95 @ Mar 8 2024 04:49pm)
^jupiter5
What about more fish? mystical / angelic fishes haha
currently in a well I think I got more monsters than fishes
and the fact that the fishing level always go back to your prof level and have to reset it everytime is boring also

About the mystical fish or so, could be a replacement to totem or potion and so you can get a stat point on top of the life / mana

That sounds cool, but it could be bad imo? I mean if the other mods on a fish are stats, then they will be pretty rare to get so that's okay, but if we consistently get mystical/angelic fish then we need even more slots for them! :rofl:

I wasn't sure if I should make a new topic about the fishing level going back to your minimum after a monster kill, but now that you mentioned it.. yes obviously.

I didn't mention that here on purpose, but of course I agree 100%, that should be changed as well so you don't have to adjust it every minute. It could even be a 1 time option change, where you change it in settings and it stays like that forever (after relogs etc.).
Mar 8 2024 12:26pm
Quote (Jupiter5 @ 9 Mar 2024 03:34)

So the problem is that if I want to get a lot of prof I can still do it, but I have to fish in a pond and if I do that, then I don't have enough room for all the tiers of fish I get and it will only get worse. Fishing is the fastest paced skill in the game, gets even faster with an event, so you have to organise or delete fish all the time. Like Itoons said, if new options are added that can delete the low fish or set some requirements automatically, or increase our item slots, that would help. After a certain point you need the extra slots even if you fish in a well.

The pond can be reworked or a new area can be added, I'm not against that. A lot of different solutions can be made!

I do remember before v1.15 and the nerf to prof (capped to max 10) and the person that practically got rank 20 when the Well was in town ... it was a bit of an exploit that needed fixing... but max 10 cap... damn nasty.

Anyway... I would like Paul to add in an area for fishing... like the Beach or the Coast ... Rapid Rocks etc to help out the people fishing... also... it would be better if Paul also added in a new Mod EIS that works the same way as EES ... but EIS is for more item slots. :D

With the new "Emblems" having a chance to be a Well... it sorta helps out finding more wells. Hmm, I still think that Pond needs a rework etc.

I hope Paul does something about fishing.
Gold: 97.97
Mar 8 2024 04:34pm
Ohh now I understand why Disn3y wanted to buy up all my fish when I come back from hiatus

This post was edited by McDavid on Mar 8 2024 04:34pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll