d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Classes
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 960.72
Mar 6 2024 03:15pm
whats the cheapepst class to start off with i went rogue but want to find an affordable class so i can at least solo to my first quest
Gold: 124,050.36
Mar 6 2024 03:17pm
I would suggest to start with a Barbarian or Fighter as a first class.
Check out this starter guide: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82660445
Gold: 31,395.10
Mar 6 2024 06:49pm
yeah barb should be good
Gold: 49,753.62
Warn: 30%
Mar 6 2024 09:54pm
Fighter and barb always best when u have no gear.
Gold: 7,396.96
Mar 6 2024 10:01pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Mar 6 2024 07:54pm)
Fighter and barb always best when u have no gear.

if you got fg = gear to me... if you learn what search for.. So a little intel gear and some ee=enhanced effect- attack charms/ heals ...mage to me best starter if you have couple hundred fg...
Gold: 8,724.93
Mar 7 2024 12:05am
Quote (doomchaser @ 7 Mar 2024 17:01)
if you got fg = gear to me... if you learn what search for.. So a little intel gear and some ee=enhanced effect- attack charms/ heals ...mage to me best starter if you have couple hundred fg...

I like this post, so I will add in this:

As a new player, that doesn't have forum gold, or has a ton of forum gold, but, doesn't want to waste it buying crap gear and just wants to TEST the game out with nothing... then I personally would SUGGEST to them, a Barbarian ... not a fighter, nor Mage or Rogue.

Now before anyone shits on the above paragraph, be advised that I did NOT point out my FAVORITE feeder class that I like using... the Guardian, and I did NOT advise the OP to use this build... the Guardian has too many restrictions.

So... why do I select Barbarian over a Fighter... or a Mage or Rogue.

Simple... it is because of the Retribution ability for a barbarian solo or tanking in a group... also... in a group the Barbarian has Knockdown which charges up based on Hits etc. Basically a Barbarians two(2) proficient abilities are "Blue" making each point more attractive... the Fighter has Power Strike... how ever... it is based on the 1 sec (normal weapon) duration rule as LONG as it is successful... a zero(0) damage/attack doesn't charge it.

Basically there are a lot of crap to follow... however a new player doesn't have access to EE% armor that spoils or conflicts with Retribution ability ... so retribution will charge up faster because it is a Barbarian Ability compared to a Fighter that has it as a secondary ability ... It is up to YOU... the player to decide!!!

Hey... early levels... you don't need EE armor... just Max Life Armor from level 1 to 25 and based on tier of III / IV / VI & 25... damn... you can use a Tier VIII (level 25) armor with say max 40 stat (str / dex / int) up to level 45 or more... it just depends on whether you act appropriately to your circumstances, and know what item you have collected to be as sufficient for your survival... hmm.. that is a Hardcore attitude... you can just opt for Death Farming on SC at this point.
Mar 7 2024 12:21am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 6 2024 10:05pm)
I like this post, so I will add in this:

As a new player, that doesn't have forum gold, or has a ton of forum gold, but, doesn't want to waste it buying crap gear and just wants to TEST the game out with nothing... then I personally would SUGGEST to them, a Barbarian ... not a fighter, nor Mage or Rogue.

Now before anyone shits on the above paragraph, be advised that I did NOT point out my FAVORITE feeder class that I like using... the Guardian, and I did NOT advise the OP to use this build... the Guardian has too many restrictions.

So... why do I select Barbarian over a Fighter... or a Mage or Rogue.

Simple... it is because of the Retribution ability for a barbarian solo or tanking in a group... also... in a group the Barbarian has Knockdown which charges up based on Hits etc. Basically a Barbarians two(2) proficient abilities are "Blue" making each point more attractive... the Fighter has Power Strike... how ever... it is based on the 1 sec (normal weapon) duration rule as LONG as it is successful... a zero(0) damage/attack doesn't charge it.

Basically there are a lot of crap to follow... however a new player doesn't have access to EE% armor that spoils or conflicts with Retribution ability ... so retribution will charge up faster because it is a Barbarian Ability compared to a Fighter that has it as a secondary ability ... It is up to YOU... the player to decide!!!

Hey... early levels... you don't need EE armor... just Max Life Armor from level 1 to 25 and based on tier of III / IV / VI & 25... damn... you can use a Tier VIII (level 25) armor with say max 40 stat (str / dex / int) up to level 45 or more... it just depends on whether you act appropriately to your circumstances, and know what item you have collected to be as sufficient for your survival... hmm.. that is a Hardcore attitude... you can just opt for Death Farming on SC at this point.

I guess this is true.. If you think buttcore is really testing things out to see if you like it.. Or learn what to spend 1fg on lol if 0 if i sent plenty fg so people can test..for a couple 1fg items... but if they have 50fg ...they can easily make it back thanks to those mutating and keeping LS alive..

This post was edited by doomchaser on Mar 7 2024 12:22am
Mar 7 2024 12:52am
Quote (doomchaser @ 7 Mar 2024 19:21)
I guess this is true.. If you think buttcore is really testing things out to see if you like it.. Or learn what to spend 1fg on lol if 0 if i sent plenty fg so people can test..for a couple 1fg items... but if they have 50fg ...they can easily make it back thanks to those mutating and keeping LS alive..

Hey... think what you want... your prerogative... before I posted, I set up my Bufcore toon to start from scratch and deleted all previous items (other than the sexy item drops that I won't be using on IZZI my bufcore only toon on Hardcore).

Damn... I am going with my favorite feeder class... Guardian and its' many restrictions.

You can follow along can't you? or are you going to be disappointed at your results and your reply to good advice by myself? Do you want to join in a Bufcore Guardian build competition with me? or do you just want to be an ass?
Mar 7 2024 01:11am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 6 2024 10:52pm)
Hey... think what you want... your prerogative... before I posted, I set up my Bufcore toon to start from scratch and deleted all previous items (other than the sexy item drops that I won't be using on IZZI my bufcore only toon on Hardcore).

Damn... I am going with my favorite feeder class... Guardian and its' many restrictions.

You can follow along can't you? or are you going to be disappointed at your results and your reply to good advice by myself? Do you want to join in a Bufcore Guardian build competition with me? or do you just want to be an ass?

:lol: lol you good what I say that so bad? Like I said your opinion is good and true..It just my opinion you want test things out with a little spendage ... But I usually no fg so don't listen to me.. :banana:
Mar 7 2024 01:15am
Quote (doomchaser @ 7 Mar 2024 20:11)
:lol: lol you good what I say that so bad? Like I said your opinion is good and true..It just my opinion you want test things out with a little spendage ... But I usually no fg so don't listen to me.. :banana:

??? Bufcore is 0 fg game play... :D

Also... I apologize if I misread your post... it seemed a tad of a challenge... maybe a language thing. Anyway... I will go back to the bufcore thread and gather the last Bufcore information of my character over a year ago since HC was reset and I am starting again in 2024.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll