d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Hall Of Champions
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,677.50
Feb 27 2024 06:27pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Feb 26 2024 10:08pm)
I did. The ladder resets are promoted on the site updates page. We are talking about something only a few of the dozens of ladder slasher players will ever experience, resetting the ladder.

Isn't that precisely the point?
I don't see why they (past and present) shouldn't be recognized for attaining something in the game that a very low population would get/accomplish.
Gold: 58.99
Feb 27 2024 07:39pm
Quote (Matthi @ Feb 25 2024 01:49pm)
great, I really need an offical place to remind me of my inability to get a reset :thumbsup:

on a serious note: would be actually cool if this gets implemented

:hug:
Gold: 42,130.94
Warn: 40%
Feb 27 2024 09:09pm
Quote (Epiphany @ Feb 28 2024 12:27am)
Isn't that precisely the point?
I don't see why they (past and present) shouldn't be recognized for attaining something in the game that a very low population would get/accomplish.

Ignore this guy. He's part of the troll/hater category that denies all suggestions even if they make the game better.
As you can see up to this post 60 people voted yes 10 people voted no. The people that vote "no" to suggestions are almost always the same. It's a few unhappy individuals who play the game but complain and don't want any changes unless it's their idea.
Njaguar could make the biggest most awesome patch with 99 QOL buffs and 2 nerfs and they'll just complain about the downsides.

What I do hope Njaguar does after factoring in if a suggestion is something he wants for the game and is viable to implement is he knows which people to ignore that vote "no" and he carries out the suggestions in one way or another so long as it's a strong majority vote.

A lot of people who are casual players would prefer that those who play a lot more aren't rewarded even with something as simple as hall of fame sort of reward which impacts no one negatively nor the game.

I'm pretty sure you haven't reset the ladder right Sam? You have no horse in the race, it's just an idea which is nice.

The idea is great. If it was implemented and another tab was added or another form of recognition for resets was added it not only would be awesome to all the people who have reset previously but it would be inspiring for future reseters.
Feb 27 2024 09:19pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Feb 27 2024 10:09pm)

I'm pretty sure you haven't reset the ladder right Sam? You have no horse in the race, it's just an idea which is nice.

Highest so far is warlock back in 2016/17 I believe, and plan to start climbing again(much more consistently, anyway) in the near future. :D I would love to reset at some point when timing is right but we shall see :thumbsup:

You are right though, no horse in the race - simple idea when I was searching. I was intellectually/historically curious as to who had the MOST season resets and went to the current ladder pages to see if there was anything about resets - to my surprise there wasn't any so I started working on this!
Glad you like/support and that goes to everyone else here, thank you for all the input and enthusiasm!!
Gold: 42,130.94
Warn: 40%
Feb 27 2024 09:22pm
Quote (Epiphany @ Feb 28 2024 03:19am)
Highest so far is warlock back in 2016/17 I believe, and plan to start climbing again(much more consistently, anyway) in the near future. :D I would love to reset at some point when timing is right but we shall see :thumbsup:

You are right though, no horse in the race - simple idea when I was searching. I was intellectually/historically curious as to who had the MOST season resets and went to the current ladder pages to see if there was anything about resets - to my surprise there wasn't any so I started working on this!
Glad you like/support and that goes to everyone else here, thank you for all the input and enthusiasm!!

It's not like there's only a handful of resets anymore where everyone remembers all the legendary names like .
The end game goal even for transmuting + glyping like I've invested so much time doing is to get stronger so that you can climb faster and be more likely to reset + get guild points. As resetting is part of the end game of ladder slasher it theoretically could have more game aspects/rewards tied into it.

It's a great idea. Glad to see ur coming back yay!
Gold: 3,714.75
Feb 27 2024 10:41pm
Quote (Epiphany @ 28 Feb 2024 16:19)

I found some information by going through the 34 pages on the LS page at the bottom right, it also has the dates and all the updates since 2008 (October 4) as a repository.

This was the only record of reset in those pages as of 2009:

Ladder Reset! Congrats Themanthelegend!
Sep 7 2009 by njaguar
themanthelegend has successfully reset the Softcore Ladder. Congratulations!

Welcome to Season 10 (softcore). Please note that all your softcore characters will be reset back to level 0, as the ladder has reset. You will retain all your items and proficiencies.

Good luck in the next season!

Could not find anything prior to season 10.

EDIT:

Quote (JonWon @ 28 Feb 2024 17:41)
Totally agree. The game is Ladder Slasher after all. An additional ladder that tracks who is leading the game with resets makes sense. We, as a community, create the competition between guilds, player's, proficiency's, etc, etc. it doesn't hurt anyone to add a feature like this and it only makes it more competitive. If we didn't have a single person with multiple resets, I may be willing to agree it's unnecessary.. but we have Nic (3 resets), derAmigo (2 resets), and a multitude of active slasher's with 1 reset who are looking for their 2nd. The list is only going to increase overtime.

I believe themanthelegend has 2 resets also

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 27 2024 10:43pm
Gold: 6,429.79
Trader: Trusted
Feb 27 2024 10:41pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Feb 27 2024 10:09pm)
Ignore this guy. He's part of the troll/hater category that denies all suggestions even if they make the game better.
As you can see up to this post 60 people voted yes 10 people voted no. The people that vote "no" to suggestions are almost always the same. It's a few unhappy individuals who play the game but complain and don't want any changes unless it's their idea.
Njaguar could make the biggest most awesome patch with 99 QOL buffs and 2 nerfs and they'll just complain about the downsides.

What I do hope Njaguar does after factoring in if a suggestion is something he wants for the game and is viable to implement is he knows which people to ignore that vote "no" and he carries out the suggestions in one way or another so long as it's a strong majority vote.

A lot of people who are casual players would prefer that those who play a lot more aren't rewarded even with something as simple as hall of fame sort of reward which impacts no one negatively nor the game.

The idea is great. If it was implemented and another tab was added or another form of recognition for resets was added it not only would be awesome to all the people who have reset previously but it would be inspiring for future reseters.

Totally agree. The game is Ladder Slasher after all. An additional ladder that tracks who is leading the game with resets makes sense. We, as a community, create the competition between guilds, player's, proficiency's, etc, etc. it doesn't hurt anyone to add a feature like this and it only makes it more competitive. If we didn't have a single person with multiple resets, I may be willing to agree it's unnecessary.. but we have Nic (3 resets), derAmigo (2 resets), and a multitude of active slasher's with 1 reset who are looking for their 2nd. The list is only going to increase over time.

/e: Thanks Bob, yeah themanthelegend has 2 resets as well. Apologies if there's anyone else I forgot, it would be easier to remember if we had a ladder to show or somethin ;)

This post was edited by JonWon on Feb 27 2024 10:45pm
Gold: 445.97
Feb 27 2024 11:22pm
Nice idea 💡
Feb 27 2024 11:24pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 27 2024 11:41pm)
I found some information by going through the 34 pages on the LS page at the bottom right, it also has the dates and all the updates since 2008 (October 4) as a repository.

This was the only record of reset in those pages as of 2009:

Could not find anything prior to season 10.

Yeah, I surfed every page to start the list, then did some serious googling and reached out to a few seasoned LS friends/members from community to compile 1-9 as well :rofl:

Quote (JonWon @ Feb 27 2024 11:41pm)
If we didn't have a single person with multiple resets, I may be willing to agree it's unnecessary.. but we have Nic (3 resets), derAmigo (2 resets), and a multitude of active slasher's with 1 reset who are looking for their 2nd. The list is only going to increase overtime.

themanthelegend too and was also the first to reset both softcore (s9) AND hardcore (s3)!
Wonderful way to look at it, and I agree it will only continue to grow.
And to your point on the guild competition, they could take this idea even further by displaying " Season Resets: xx " within the guild (above guild leader's guild points on member list) to stir up interest with viewers

Gold: 3,714.75
Feb 28 2024 02:59am
Quote (Epiphany @ 28 Feb 2024 18:24)
Yeah, I surfed every page to start the list, then did some serious googling and reached out to a few seasoned LS friends/members from community to compile 1-9 as well :rofl:

Nice going, over a year ago, I used some information to gather archives older than 2008 on D2jsp, pity I don't recall whom or how I did that. It would have made "quoting" posts with dates & times so much more fun.

But... I think your suggestion SHOULD be implemented, and as others have stated, it does not effect game play.

Oh... I don't think people know this, but you can already check Raffle numbers by clicking: previous raffle for like over 6 months, maybe a year, maybe more since I have not checked it back that far because it is based on each hour.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll