d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Merge Guild Member List & Guild Topics
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 219.20
Feb 24 2024 03:00pm
Pretty simple idea I have been playing with - right now guild topics are tucked away to where unless you have them tracked you have to click a few links to get access to your guild's topics OR the public guild topic listing.
My idea is to merge the guild topic page and member list entirely, eliminating the need to follow extra clicks to get to everything.
This also makes it MUCH simpler for less active guild members and brand new guild members to see and interact in all of the guild's topics.

Image below for my idea of what it would look like.

I know some may question how it would look on mobile - and to that I say it would mimic how user profiles look currently, where the topics would be stacked (under the member list) when viewing on mobile.

Hope this makes sense, and I am interested to hear feedback!

This is how I envisioned it looking with a couple notes in red...

Special shoutout to Dignity for allowing me to display their guild to bring my idea to life!
Gold: 44,254.91
Trader: Trusted
Feb 24 2024 11:48pm
i like the idea
Gold: 29.69
Feb 25 2024 03:39am
I like this could we remove the last seen though? like its in peoples profiles and would leave some room for less clutter

I think this might actually complement the recent other changes.

This post was edited by Theology on Feb 25 2024 03:39am
Gold: 1,967,903.00
Feb 25 2024 03:53pm
Such a great suggestion.
Yes please!
Gold: 1,000.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 25 2024 04:38pm
+1 I think the last guild topic I looked at was two years ago.
Mar 3 2024 06:14pm
Bring
Up
My
Gold: 435.68
Mar 4 2024 01:21pm
+1 as long as it fits decently on smaller monitors
Would save people clicks :)
Gold: 27,873.00
Mar 4 2024 02:53pm
Daddy Vilify approves! Good idea :)
Trade Moderator
Gold: 7,919.00
Trader: Mediator
Mar 4 2024 03:06pm
Cool idea, but from my prospective it would make the page quite busy and topics are easy enough to find IMO.

From a design standpoint for something like this it should go vertically, not horizontally and some guild topics are not visible for non-members making it a waste of clean space in my eyes.
You naturally want this to scale and be able to work across devices with a up/down scroll as it's more orthodox to the general mobile user as well.

Withholding my vote for now, I like the idea behind but the styling/engineering it would take could be better allocated elsewhere; with not a big difference in generating more/unique users to each said topic.

Feel free to push back, just my prospective :)
Mar 4 2024 05:15pm
Quote (Sn0 @ Mar 4 2024 04:06pm)
Cool idea, but from my prospective it would make the page quite busy and topics are easy enough to find IMO.

From a design standpoint for something like this it should go vertically, not horizontally and some guild topics are not visible for non-members making it a waste of clean space in my eyes.
You naturally want this to scale and be able to work across devices with a up/down scroll as it's more orthodox to the general mobile user as well.

Withholding my vote for now, I like the idea behind but the styling/engineering it would take could be better allocated elsewhere; with not a big difference in generating more/unique users to each said topic.

Feel free to push back, just my prospective :)

No I certainly appreciate the feedback!!! This was honestly my first thought as well, as it seems with the latest updates we are trying to appease both crows (mobile versus desktop).
That's why I just suggest the ideas, I can't really offer a whole lot in terms of the coding and everything - my photos are created using photoshop so no coding involved there haha :thumbsup:

One thing I did want to point out is my quick note from post #1 in-regard to the display for mobile:

I know some may question how it would look on mobile - and to that I say it would mimic how user profiles look currently, where the topics would be stacked (under the member list) when viewing on mobile.

All in all, I would love to make something like this work for both ways of utilizing d2jsp - while also allowing it to be more fluid for guild members to find discussion threads.

Tyvm for the comments and constructive criticism Patrick, very much appreciated! :hug:
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll