d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Robert Kennedy Jr About To Win The Us Election?
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 550.00
Feb 23 2024 01:01pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 23 2024 10:58am)
No real empirical evidence to rule them out. There's probably a lot of causal factors, maybe one of them is certain vaccines.

No, empirical evidence points to autism being a genetic disorder that arises in germline mutations denovo. It's a large number of mutations that converge to cause similar effects on cell connectivity or firing rate in the brain.

Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 23 2024 10:59am)
we know the rates are rising, we dont know what causes it, but we're 100% sure we know what doesnt cause it?

checks out....

for the record i dont see evidence strong enough to even think vaccines cause autism, but the brisk dismissal of it as a potential cause is moronic.

people had that same energy towards people who dared suggest that maybe covid came from the lab in the city where covid started that studies covid where numerous lab workers were among the first infected.

big pharma is a necessary evil, but its nothing we should ever trust. i trust big oil more than big pharma.

It's not the vaccines

This post was edited by Sioux on Feb 23 2024 01:01pm
Gold: 16,514.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 23 2024 01:02pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 23 2024 10:59am)
for the record i dont see evidence strong enough to even think vaccines cause autism, but the brisk dismissal of it as a potential cause is moronic.

12 subsequent scientific studies showing zero proof is now a brisk dismissal? go on chief

even the original study was debunked....

This post was edited by gnarjay on Feb 23 2024 01:03pm
Gold: 11,571.00
Feb 23 2024 01:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 23 2024 01:59pm)
we know the rates are rising, we dont know what causes it, but we're 100% sure we know what doesnt cause it?

checks out....

people had that same energy towards people who dared suggest that maybe covid came from the lab in the city where covid started that studies covid where numerous lab workers were among the first infected.

big pharma is a necessary evil, but its nothing we should ever trust. i trust big oil more than big pharma.

Remember when big tobacco would have professionals talk on the benefits of smoking? Big pharma is way more ethical though! I'm sure if they found a link between vaccines and autism they would gladly proclaim it at the top of mountains with trumpets even if it would kill billions in revenue streams and probably expose them to lawsuits that would bankrupt them.

None of us plebs know the real truth but it's safe to say that there's a certain conflict of interest.

No, empirical evidence points to autism being a genetic disorder that arises in germline mutations denovo. It's a large number of mutations that converge to cause similar effects on cell connectivity or firing rate in the brain.

..and what is causing the increased cases of genetic disorders?

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Feb 23 2024 01:06pm
Feb 23 2024 01:13pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 23 2024 11:05am)
..and what is causing the increased cases of genetic disorders?

specifically re:autism

Prevalence of Autism and Parentally Reported Triggers in a North East
London Population. Lingam R et al. Arch Dis Child 2003; 88(8):666-
70. Subjects: 567 children with autistic spectrum disorder.
conclusions: The prevalence of autism, which was apparently
rising from 1979 to 1992, reached a plateau from 1992 to 1996 at
a rate of some 2.6 per 1000 live births. This levelling off, together
with the reducing age at diagnosis, suggests that the earlier
recorded rise in prevalence was not a real increase but was likely
due to factors such as increased recognition, a greater willingness
on the part of educationalists and families to accept the diagnostic
label, and better recording systems. The proportion of parents
attributing their child’s autism to MMR appears to have increased
since August 1997

link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12876158

This post was edited by gnarjay on Feb 23 2024 01:13pm
Gold: 11,571.00
Feb 23 2024 01:27pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Feb 23 2024 02:13pm)
specifically re:autism

link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12876158

I believe changes in diagnosing is only part of the answer. For example here is a study that talks about germline mutations transmitted to offspring. here is one specific finding from a much bigger sample pool:

Several recent publications have established paternal age as a significant contributor to increased rates of male-mediated inherited mutations. For example, microsatellite mutation analysis (1) in 85,289 individuals has shown that sperm mutation rates double from ages 20 to 58, while full genome sequencing of 78 parent-offspring trios (2) suggests that males transmit 2 additional base substitution mutations per year to their offspring.

If age is a factor, and currently adults are having kids at older ages, it follows some of these mutation increase are due to for example, that factor that changed from the 80s vs more recent, not simply better measuring.

My point is, our understanding of these things is fairly limited and there's a ton factors that play into it. It's not just better measuring today vs 30 years ago. It's like doing a regression analysis with thousands of independent variables that we don't have mapped and saying no this one is definitely not one of them because we know it's better measuring, age, what we eat, whatever.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3688758/#:~:text=Germline%20mutations%20at%20human%20minisatellites,%2Dconversion%20events%20(9).

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Feb 23 2024 01:30pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 23 2024 01:27pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Feb 23 2024 01:02pm)
12 subsequent scientific studies showing zero proof is now a brisk dismissal? go on chief

even the original study was debunked....

yes, like i said there's a lack of evidence to suggest it is vaccines. and a lack of studying, many of the dozen studies were so small sample size and so rag tag they're hard to even call studies.

but from the genesis of the theory anyone who suggested it should be studied had been attacked as a whacko by big pharma and their lobby.

vaccination is a 57 billion dollar industry, you dont go after business that big without getting hate mail.

on RFK specifically tho it's comical to hear his non-policy stances be the only thing you hear about him. like anti biden people bringing up hair sniffing, or anti trump people bringing up mcdonalds consumption. i havent heard the anti rkf people go after his actual policy, he got run out of the DNC because of stuff he believes that isn't even strictly political.
Feb 23 2024 01:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 23 2024 11:27am)
yes, like i said there's a lack of evidence to suggest it is vaccines. and a lack of studying, many of the dozen studies were so small sample size and so rag tag they're hard to even call studies.

but from the genesis of the theory anyone who suggested it should be studied had been attacked as a whacko by big pharma and their lobby.

vaccination is a 57 billion dollar industry, you dont go after business that big without getting hate mail.

on RFK specifically tho it's comical to hear his non-policy stances be the only thing you hear about him. like anti biden people bringing up hair sniffing, or anti trump people bringing up mcdonalds consumption. i havent heard the anti rkf people go after his actual policy, he got run out of the DNC because of stuff he believes that isn't even strictly political.

theres actually overwhelming evidence it ISNT vaccines. idk why youre getting stuck up on that...have you read any of the studies? is an N of 500k children small to you?

vaccines promote health and longevity because they primarily prevent disease and death in children. in the late 90's there was a bad study published and yet here we are nearly 30 years later and people still believe it !

Im not against being skeptical but going full on conspiracy theory is where I draw the line. there isnt some vast scheme by the BIG VAX PHARMA BROS to make everyone kids autistic
Gold: 4,575.01
Feb 23 2024 01:49pm
My mother is a massive Trump hater and Hillary lover (strong hypercompetent woman like Hillary who worked in foreign affairs) and she is against frivolous vaccination, I'm thankful that she opted us kids out of these shots they loved giving at school.

Anyone who blindly trusts vaccines and big pharma is a dimwit. Be careful what you inject into yourself.
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 23 2024 02:06pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Feb 23 2024 01:39pm)
theres actually overwhelming evidence it ISNT vaccines. idk why youre getting stuck up on that...have you read any of the studies? is an N of 500k children small to you?

vaccines promote health and longevity because they primarily prevent disease and death in children. in the late 90's there was a bad study published and yet here we are nearly 30 years later and people still believe it !

Im not against being skeptical but going full on conspiracy theory is where I draw the line. there isnt some vast scheme by the BIG VAX PHARMA BROS to make everyone kids autistic

the evidence suggests environmental exposure to contaminants triggers genetic mutations which cause autism. but somehow people who think exposure to mercury and other chemicals in the slew of ingredients in many different recipe vaccines could also be causal is a bridge too far? odd take on that front imo. we're now in a place where research suggests we can start making a list chemicals which cause autism, but the idea that one of thousands of chemicals in hundreds of different vaccines may be on that list is absurd?

now, where we agree is that the idea of common vaccines are the sole cause of autism, and that vaccines are bad and kids shouldn't be vaccinated is a bad idea. its a bad narrative, and a drastic overreaction. as are any narratives that there's a cabal of deepstate pharma bros trying to make more kids autistic.

on topic thats what irks me about RFK, he doesnt strike me as the "5g is going to control our brains" type. yet gets lumped in with them constantly and was run out of the race as a supposed lunatic. when in reality he has a life long track record of fighting big pharma and big business for the good of the population. but google him and you get 1000 articles about how he's actually just Maga 2.0 and out of his gourd.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Feb 23 2024 02:07pm
Feb 23 2024 02:46pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 23 2024 12:06pm)
the evidence suggests environmental exposure to contaminants triggers genetic mutations which cause autism. but somehow people who think exposure to mercury and other chemicals in the slew of ingredients in many different recipe vaccines could also be causal is a bridge too far? odd take on that front imo. we're now in a place where research suggests we can start making a list chemicals which cause autism, but the idea that one of thousands of chemicals in hundreds of different vaccines may be on that list is absurd? .

see this is where my problem with him (and others like him) is. to THINK these things is one thing, to actually promote misinformation that is not backed by sound science (or any science really ) is something else entirely. Im all for skepticism and due diligence to find the truth

now, where we agree is that the idea of common vaccines are the sole cause of autism, and that vaccines are bad and kids shouldn't be vaccinated is a bad idea. its a bad narrative, and a drastic overreaction. as are any narratives that there's a cabal of deepstate pharma bros trying to make more kids autistic.

glad we agree here

on topic thats what irks me about RFK, he doesnt strike me as the "5g is going to control our brains" type. yet gets lumped in with them constantly and was run out of the race as a supposed lunatic. when in reality he has a life long track record of fighting big pharma and big business for the good of the population. but google him and you get 1000 articles about how he's actually just Maga 2.0 and out of his gourd.

he said on Rogan's podcast that 5g causes "leaky brain" and cancer - both lies
he claimed covid19 was engineered to give Jews and Chinese immunity.....LOL. he is most definitely , without a doubt in my mind out of his fucking gourd
he also said chemicals in the water are turning kids trans...like really dude? these are just a few of the insane things he said recently

he went from a pretty damn good environmental lawyer to a full-on fringe conspiracy theorist in just a few years. I dont think he is a malicious, divisive demagogue like Trump but hes definitely gone full nut-nut. I cant tell if its all a scheme to pander to the ever-growing number of conspiracy theorists in this country or if he actually believes half of the shit he says

edited because i cant use quotes apparently

This post was edited by gnarjay on Feb 23 2024 02:50pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll