d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Fat Or Carbohydrates As Energy
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,178.01
Feb 19 2024 01:20pm
Hello everyone,

I wanna tell you the difference why Fat sources are better as Carbohydrates.

When i was younger i was in the gym to build up my physique, i learned and experienced from some very knowledgable individuals in the bodybuilding scene about nutrition.

I am still workout and but not more like in the past, only maintaining my shape.

Why i prefer fat sources over Carbohydrates.

Its actually very simple.

First of all i present some good fat sources which can be used :

olives
avocado
nuts
nut butter
seeds
fish
eggs
olive oil
Now some Information about that:

Some Fats contains more calories as Carbo hydrates :

1 gram of fat contains 9 calories
1 gram of carbohydrates contain 4-5 calories (something like that between)

Fat-sourcess are an efficient form of energy, the body can stores any energy as fat.
More calories also gives you more energy its better for the workout or during your day.

Another thing:

Fat sources dont increase your Blood Sugar levels in your body.
Yes saturated fat gonna increase your bloodsugar level and spikes on the Insulin

Polyunsaturated fats not only lower the blood sugar levels and also improves insulin control

Another fact about fat:

You are saitisfied and you not gonna immaedtly hungry like if you have high carbohydrates food.

I could add links as information but its not worth it to do that because i think its better to make their own research as instead getting every information presented.

Its better to do their own research about it specially if is comes down to nutrition.

This could be an example for a proper Breakfast :

4 boiled eggs, 1 avocado and some nuts, you can choose to walnut, macademia and other but do also an research which nuts u gonna take
Add some olives in that food dont hurt really.

As sauce you can use unflavoured tomatosauce which is also good.

I am not saying do not take carbohydrates anymore but good amount of fat and less amount of carbohydrates could be better for muscle building and general health.

Ofc some people will disagree or agree

I had good results and my health in general got improved by that.

Everyone can test this for his own and see what results are there.

Gold: 4,575.01
Warn: 10%
Feb 19 2024 02:34pm
the golden age of bodybuilding used fats as the cornerstone of energy instead of carbs

in my opinion fats are generally a more sustainable form of energy but loading up on carbs will enlarge your muscles more. I feel better with a higher fat lower carb diet

This post was edited by El1te on Feb 19 2024 02:35pm
Gold: 16,178.01
Feb 19 2024 02:50pm
Quote (El1te @ Feb 19 2024 09:34pm)
the golden age of bodybuilding used fats as the cornerstone of energy instead of carbs

in my opinion fats are generally a more sustainable form of energy but loading up on carbs will enlarge your muscles more. I feel better with a higher fat lower carb diet

Totally agree and i feel also way more since i changed my critical points on my diet, i am not only recommend this if you wanna build muscles, generally its for me defeatly way more better for my health.
Gold: 2.00
Feb 19 2024 09:18pm
I like to mix both carbs before a workout and after the workout the fat sources with food.
Gold: 1,415.20
Feb 19 2024 09:26pm
i NEED sugar i LOVE sugar its the best drug i wanna freebase it i wanna shoot it into my veins
Gold: 53,500.00
Feb 20 2024 01:19am
i recently switched my diet to fat and reducing any carb intake so this was helpful.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 20 2024 06:19am
I like to use simple carbs as a means of improving my sleep. For energy during the typical day, fats derived mainly from animal protein and sometimes peanut butter (as a convenient way to intake a load of fat calories quick/conveniently).
Gold: 0.00
Feb 20 2024 08:19pm
Quote (Decarnate @ Feb 20 2024 07:19am)
I like to use simple carbs as a means of improving my sleep. For energy during the typical day, fats derived mainly from animal protein and sometimes peanut butter (as a convenient way to intake a load of fat calories quick/conveniently).

Fat from animal proteins, other than fatty fish, is a horrible place to get your fats from. High fat content meats have a direct correlation to an increased LDL level, which increases your risk for many disease processes including coronary disease.

Simply understanding how each macronutrient is used in the body can paint the entire picture.

Carbohydrates are broken down in the body as simple sugars. This causes an increase in production of insulin, which transfers the sugar, or glucose, into the cell. The cell than utilizes this glucose as a source of energy for ATP.

Fats are used to help with the absorption of many important fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A, D, and E, creation of fatty acids such as linoleic and linolenic acid for brain development and decreasing cortisol levels. Fats also have a very important role in hormone regulation. Their secondary role is in the absence of carbohydrates as an adequate source of energy.

Fats also have a higher affinity to become body fat since they are already lipids, so if you're obese or have been obese in the past and have the adipose tissue cells, you should try to eat a moderate to low fat diet. If you're bulking and struggling getting the intake, healthy fat sources are EZ PZ to add calories. Add some EVOO to your rice and chicken, dark chocolate is a great addition as well, whole milk, nut butters, etc.

In a nut shell, if keto or high fat diet works for you, tear it up... But I'd personally recommend giving this a try.

1. Eat 1g/lb of mass of high quality lean protein
2. Eat 1/3 to 1/2g/lb of fat from healthy sources
3. Eat the remainder of high quality carbohydrates to create your surplus/deficit.

EX: 180 lb man wanting to lose 1 lb/week would eat approximately this

180g protein
60g fat
110g carbs

Adjust accordingly based on activity. If you have a high activity day, eat a little bit more carbohydrates.. If you're sedentary, stick with this template. If your weight loss plateaus, adjust your fats down slightly to approximately 50g of fat for 1 week. If you plateau again, adjust carbohydrates or increase activity.

Do the same for bulking, but instead you would add a surplus of 250 cals per week to aim for 0.5 lbs/wk of bw gain over maintenance.

You'll feel better and perform better.

e: sorry, I went on a tangent.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Feb 20 2024 08:24pm
Gold: 500.00
Feb 21 2024 05:59am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ 20 Feb 2024 21:19)
Fat from animal proteins, other than fatty fish, is a horrible place to get your fats from. High fat content meats have a direct correlation to an increased LDL level, which increases your risk for many disease processes including coronary disease.

Simply understanding how each macronutrient is used in the body can paint the entire picture.

Carbohydrates are broken down in the body as simple sugars. This causes an increase in production of insulin, which transfers the sugar, or glucose, into the cell. The cell than utilizes this glucose as a source of energy for ATP.

Fats are used to help with the absorption of many important fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A, D, and E, creation of fatty acids such as linoleic and linolenic acid for brain development and decreasing cortisol levels. Fats also have a very important role in hormone regulation. Their secondary role is in the absence of carbohydrates as an adequate source of energy.

Fats also have a higher affinity to become body fat since they are already lipids, so if you're obese or have been obese in the past and have the adipose tissue cells, you should try to eat a moderate to low fat diet. If you're bulking and struggling getting the intake, healthy fat sources are EZ PZ to add calories. Add some EVOO to your rice and chicken, dark chocolate is a great addition as well, whole milk, nut butters, etc.

In a nut shell, if keto or high fat diet works for you, tear it up... But I'd personally recommend giving this a try.

1. Eat 1g/lb of mass of high quality lean protein
2. Eat 1/3 to 1/2g/lb of fat from healthy sources
3. Eat the remainder of high quality carbohydrates to create your surplus/deficit.

EX: 180 lb man wanting to lose 1 lb/week would eat approximately this

180g protein
60g fat
110g carbs

Adjust accordingly based on activity. If you have a high activity day, eat a little bit more carbohydrates.. If you're sedentary, stick with this template. If your weight loss plateaus, adjust your fats down slightly to approximately 50g of fat for 1 week. If you plateau again, adjust carbohydrates or increase activity.

Do the same for bulking, but instead you would add a surplus of 250 cals per week to aim for 0.5 lbs/wk of bw gain over maintenance.

You'll feel better and perform better.

e: sorry, I went on a tangent.

I appreciate all of what you said above, but I find my current diet to be extremely satisfying, both mentally and when I check my lean, bulbous gains out in the mirror. A diet like mine may not be for everyone, but I personally love it. And BTW the last time I got laboratory work done, they said everything looked great. :)
Gold: 0.00
Feb 22 2024 03:35pm
Quote (Decarnate @ Feb 21 2024 06:59am)
I appreciate all of what you said above, but I find my current diet to be extremely satisfying, both mentally and when I check my lean, bulbous gains out in the mirror. A diet like mine may not be for everyone, but I personally love it. And BTW the last time I got laboratory work done, they said everything looked great. :)

Right, that's a fallacy. Diets high in saturated fats nearly always end up causing cardiovascular disease.

It's like a fat person saying that their blood work looks great, so they're healthy. It is, for now... But nearly always catches up with you.

But hey man, if you're getting your fats from a healthy source and it seems like it's working for you, tear it up.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll