d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > What Are You Guys Using For Crypto Wallet/payments
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,500.00
Feb 13 2024 11:20pm
I am looking for a wallet with low fees that also allows me to create one time use or otherwise additional wallet addresses for receiving under multiple addresses

It's crazy because all of the big exchanges fees are like $10 per transaction
Gold: 1,780.69
Feb 14 2024 11:29am
cakewallet on phones (also available on desktop nowadays)
with monero is less than $0.01 per transaction fee
its an opensource multicurrencies wallet, can onramp from it, can transfer to bitcoin or whatever in it, can create multiple addresses and subaddresses
if using bitcoin you'll still pay those expensive transaction fees that are going back to miners (sometimes even more than $10 in fees, that's just how the bitcoin blockchain works)
Feb 14 2024 03:23pm
Quote (derpykitty @ 14 Feb 2024 12:29)
its an opensource multicurrencies wallet, can onramp from it, can transfer to bitcoin or whatever in it, can create multiple addresses and subaddresses
if using bitcoin you'll still pay those expensive transaction fees that are going back to miners (sometimes even more than $10 in fees, that's just how the bitcoin blockchain works)

Yeah I am kind of stuck on Bitcoin because that is what I get paid out in for the little bit of mining that I do

Its just weird because to withdrawal the payment is only like 2k Satoshi but once I get it to my different wallets it feels like they all charge 20k-30k Satoshi which is ridiculous

Thank you for the info though
Feb 14 2024 06:50pm
Quote (derpykitty @ 14 Feb 2024 12:29)

FYI I just used cash app and their BTC fee was only 4,000 Satoshi but I only sent 5,xxxx not sure what the fee would be for 100k+, etc

Cheapest one so far though

Does not seem to allow generation of a new address which is a big down side for me though

This post was edited by HazelsDad on Feb 14 2024 06:55pm
Feb 14 2024 08:07pm
you could always use a paper wallet generator
for example:
https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org
by downloading the .html file in an offline web browser
live version to see how it looks over there:
https://www.bitaddress.org

then restore those from seed in like cake wallet or whatever if u need to use those / send those, else it could stay in cold storage on those paper wallets
Gold: 5,721.69
Feb 14 2024 10:21pm
I use electrum for desktop and bluewallet for IOS. Electrum has like 15 different addresses and I think you can generate more, bluewallet gives you a new address every time you receive btc (the old addresses still function).

You can adjust the sats/byte on both of the wallets when sending. I usually check mempool.space before sending to see what the going rates are.
Feb 15 2024 02:12am
would still advise to run your own node tho
chain analysis companies and some other bad actors running public nodes that wallets such as electrum directly connects to
depending on your threat model if you think it's worth the hassle or no, since u looking to do different addresses, their use can be linked easily by public nodes
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll