d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Curious What Jsp Has To Say About My Finances
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,946.71
Feb 1 2024 01:49pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Feb 1 2024 12:47pm)
That PE is scary.

Trailing PE is 70 something but forward PE is like 11? Something like this
Gold: 40,918.12
Feb 1 2024 02:08pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 1 2024 11:49am)
Trailing PE is 70 something but forward PE is like 11? Something like this

That doesn't really make sense.. what's going to increase Pfizer's earnings by like 7x last year to this year?
Gold: 455.97
Feb 1 2024 02:54pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 1 2024 09:31am)
Thing is when you’re starting off day trading, even with rules, you don’t just become profitable right away, if ever. It requires time , money, being humbled a few times , before 99% of people would do well to just give it up. You are participating in a system designed to take money from you doing this. I’ve lost a lot daytrading

To OP, For stable predictable 1/2k income, look into developing a dividend portfolio. Something you don’t have to look at at all and won’t grow at market pace however with 100k you can easily have a portfolio which will give you 1-2k a month in dividends as long as you don’t have much growth expectation for the 100k

yeah true. OP seems like he has some kind of investment experience so i mentioned the micros (/MES). 1k doesn't seem like much for him. then when he gets profitable move that puppy up to /ES. with a chart trader setup with with a profit target of 1-2 points and stop loss, he can cut his losses fast after losing just around 100 to $200, knowing he needs to change his "strategy". cause at that point, if you're not in the green and you can't scalp and make $ on the micros, it's time to stop

or hell, if he's profitable on MES just stay there, don't need to bump it up, especially if his emotions start to affect his trading

edit: he mentioned amazon turk and the time investment: value ratio is just god awful. another pro of futures trading. can catch several points on a gg trade and be done for the day. maybe he'd like that iuno lol

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Feb 1 2024 02:58pm
Feb 1 2024 02:57pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Feb 1 2024 02:08pm)
That doesn't really make sense.. what's going to increase Pfizer's earnings by like 7x last year to this year?

It’s an odd case for sure, I’ll look more into it but 2023 was a terrible year for the stock and this reflected in stock price

For context the trailing PE 1/2023 for this stock was around 10.

The reason for the inflated trailing PE right now is because earnings took a complete shit and iirc the last 1 or 2 quarters it was actually eps negative for the first time in a long time. The demise in earnings outpaced the demise in stock price so trailing PE ballooned as a result.

I think forward PE for this ticker is going to be more accurate
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 1 2024 11:24pm
Crypto is still worth exploring but don't quit your day job over it.

I would just either get a job/trade and grind or start a business if you are the entrepreneurial type
Gold: 260.11
Feb 2 2024 08:08pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 1 2024 02:57pm)
It’s an odd case for sure, I’ll look more into it but 2023 was a terrible year for the stock and this reflected in stock price

For context the trailing PE 1/2023 for this stock was around 10.

The reason for the inflated trailing PE right now is because earnings took a complete shit and iirc the last 1 or 2 quarters it was actually eps negative for the first time in a long time. The demise in earnings outpaced the demise in stock price so trailing PE ballooned as a result.

I think forward PE for this ticker is going to be more accurate

Pfizer site here in town. They laid off a TON of people.

Has made looking for a higher paying job a bitch and a half. Whole market is flooded.
Gold: 7,000.00
Feb 3 2024 01:46am
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ 31 Jan 2024 17:01)
Idk what you need to do for income, but 101 is to get a line of credit or some other kind of better financing than credit card debt.

You're probably paying like 18% interest on that... get a line of credit at 7% or something and kill your high interest debt.. then pay down the line of credit.

If you can't get credit look for a debt consolidation service.

My credit card interest is like 12-13% which is not terrible; I'm working on paying my escrow down so I can use that to buy more houses but I had to ring up the card debt kind of in an emergency. I'm trying to recover my 820+ credit score so I don't intend to apply for any thing for quite a while I would rather pay the little bit of extra interest

With my current track I should have my CC debt paid off in 18 months and anything extra I make on side hustles, etc will reduce that time significantly. I think I mentioned I paid off like $15K (1/3rd+) in 3~ months.

I never said I can't get credit my cards have $25k+ credit limits one is maxed out that has 12% interest and I have about $6K left on my card with 13.5% interest which I expect to have the $6k paid off within 2 months...

Quote (addone @ 31 Jan 2024 20:02)
Work for someone if you are not the entrepreneur or Start or buy a business. Doing literally anything you like. Don't overthink it just learn it and become good at it. Differentiate yourself find what your strengths and make them even better then hire people to cover the things you are not that good at or find tedious. Keep grinding build reputation, scale come back in 10 years

I did that already for 10-15+:years and bought my rental homes, all of my bills are paid and I earned a little bit of a slow down; Its not worth it to me any more to show up to somewhere and give up 4-6+ days of my week for someone else to profit

And I don't want to build a traditional business because I want my schedule to remain free and that requires a lot of time commitment typically; just looking for little passive side hustles even if they're only like a few hunno a month but I do appreciate your sentiment and encouragement though, ah-men brother!

Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 31 Jan 2024 23:03)
maybe throw 1k on ninjatrader or multicharts with amp broker, and scalp /MES futures. can probably bring home 1k a month if you just scalp a tiny bit a day ($40-50~) and stop. stop after you're losing too as you'll never win 100%. don't over trade, better to stop and wait another day

ninjatrader is free now but takes bigger fees. but their chart trader is free with it unlike before, and it's really powerful.

multicharts has a chart trader too, bit more difficult to setup however

could also just go the regular way of simply using the buy/sell market buttons lol. especially the first 10 minutes during market open, the movement is insane

This is solid advice I do not really know of these apps/sites you listed but I will most probably research them and educate myself more; when I have day traded in the past I just watched for trends in the purchase orders and made my purchases based off of them, I've done well but some of it I'm sure was luck.

Quote (Bazi @ 1 Feb 2024 12:31)
Thing is when you’re starting off day trading, even with rules, you don’t just become profitable right away, if ever. It requires time , money, being humbled a few times , before 99% of people would do well to just give it up. You are participating in a system designed to take money from you doing this. I’ve lost a lot daytrading

To OP, For stable predictable 1/2k income, look into developing a dividend portfolio. Something you don’t have to look at at all and won’t grow at market pace however with 100k you can easily have a portfolio which will give you 1-2k a month in dividends as long as you don’t have much growth expectation for the 100k

Right now because I am trying to pay down my principal aggressively to build escrow I don't really have 100K liquid and I probably am saving more paying down my interest than I would make on a long term investment like that

I actually do have a few small dividend yielding investments but none of them are substantial enough to make a difference month to month

But thank you for sharing solid knowledge
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ 1 Feb 2024 13:47)
That PE is scary.

I have to be honest I don't know some of this terminology 😅 I should definitely work on that

Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 1 Feb 2024 15:54)
yeah true. OP seems like he has some kind of investment experience so i mentioned the micros (/MES). 1k doesn't seem like much for him. then when he gets profitable move that puppy up to /ES. with a chart trader setup with with a profit target of 1-2 points and stop loss, he can cut his losses fast after losing just around 100 to $200, knowing he needs to change his "strategy". cause at that point, if you're not in the green and you can't scalp and make $ on the micros, it's time to stop

or hell, if he's profitable on MES just stay there, don't need to bump it up, especially if his emotions start to affect his trading

edit: he mentioned amazon turk and the time investment: value ratio is just god awful. another pro of futures trading. can catch several points on a gg trade and be done for the day. maybe he'd like that iuno lol

I have independent experience with crypto, stocks, I buy, sell, trade and flip a lot of stuff so I understand supply, demand, somewhat understand market trends, etc but I definitely am a novice compared to some people that is part of why I posted here

$1k is not a whole lot but I'm dabbling with 10s and 100s just to learn I feel like I have the potential to build up quite a profit in the right market 😵‍💫

Quote (addone @ 2 Feb 2024 00:24)
Crypto is still worth exploring but don't quit your day job over it.

I would just either get a job/trade and grind or start a business if you are the entrepreneurial type

I don't actually have a day job and I've been messing with crypto for a few years now although more from the mining aspect and I would like to work more towards letting the little bit of crypto I have work for me and grow itself

I've actually been using a crypto gambling site that offers "free"hourly rewards but if I can even make $1/hr and maybe run multiple instances in my spare time on my phone, clear $30-50 a day passively that's an extra $1000~ a month in solid principal payment

Thank you everyone for all of this knowledge, encouragement, etc I thought the thread was going to go dead there at first!

This is awesome thank you!
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 3 2024 02:24am
Quote (HazelsDad @ Feb 3 2024 08:46pm)
My credit card interest is like 12-13% which is not terrible; I'm working on paying my escrow down so I can use that to buy more houses but I had to ring up the card debt kind of in an emergency. I'm trying to recover my 820+ credit score so I don't intend to apply for any thing for quite a while I would rather pay the little bit of extra interest

With my current track I should have my CC debt paid off in 18 months and anything extra I make on side hustles, etc will reduce that time significantly. I think I mentioned I paid off like $15K (1/3rd+) in 3~ months.

I never said I can't get credit my cards have $25k+ credit limits one is maxed out that has 12% interest and I have about $6K left on my card with 13.5% interest which I expect to have the $6k paid off within 2 months...

I did that already for 10-15+:years and bought my rental homes, all of my bills are paid and I earned a little bit of a slow down; Its not worth it to me any more to show up to somewhere and give up 4-6+ days of my week for someone else to profit

And I don't want to build a traditional business because I want my schedule to remain free and that requires a lot of time commitment typically; just looking for little passive side hustles even if they're only like a few hunno a month but I do appreciate your sentiment and encouragement though, ah-men brother!

This is solid advice I do not really know of these apps/sites you listed but I will most probably research them and educate myself more; when I have day traded in the past I just watched for trends in the purchase orders and made my purchases based off of them, I've done well but some of it I'm sure was luck.

Right now because I am trying to pay down my principal aggressively to build escrow I don't really have 100K liquid and I probably am saving more paying down my interest than I would make on a long term investment like that

I actually do have a few small dividend yielding investments but none of them are substantial enough to make a difference month to month

But thank you for sharing solid knowledge

I have to be honest I don't know some of this terminology 😅 I should definitely work on that

I have independent experience with crypto, stocks, I buy, sell, trade and flip a lot of stuff so I understand supply, demand, somewhat understand market trends, etc but I definitely am a novice compared to some people that is part of why I posted here

$1k is not a whole lot but I'm dabbling with 10s and 100s just to learn I feel like I have the potential to build up quite a profit in the right market 😵‍💫

I don't actually have a day job and I've been messing with crypto for a few years now although more from the mining aspect and I would like to work more towards letting the little bit of crypto I have work for me and grow itself

I've actually been using a crypto gambling site that offers "free"hourly rewards but if I can even make $1/hr and maybe run multiple instances in my spare time on my phone, clear $30-50 a day passively that's an extra $1000~ a month in solid principal payment

Thank you everyone for all of this knowledge, encouragement, etc I thought the thread was going to go dead there at first!

This is awesome thank you!

Well you can't do nothing at least build an investment portfolio till the returns you can comfortably live on. So just grind away for another 10 years.
You are still young and might be suffering from a burnout. Just have to find something you do enjoy that way it won't feel like a chore
Gold: 455.97
Feb 3 2024 04:42am
if you have a lot of liquid cash, you can always fiddle around with t-bills. 4 weeks are at 5.280%

https://www.fncalculator.com/financialcalculator?type=usTreasuryBillCalculator

i love this calculator so thought i'd throw it out

i mean you're gonna need 100k to even make $400/m lol.. but i mean they are out there

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Feb 3 2024 04:43am
Feb 3 2024 08:33am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 2 2024 08:08pm)
Pfizer site here in town. They laid off a TON of people.

Has made looking for a higher paying job a bitch and a half. Whole market is flooded.

I think this is low key happening at more places that are publicly acknowledging

Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll