d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Positive/ Negative Trade Count Under Names
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,100.00
Jan 19 2024 04:27pm
Something like this. Its rough. Maybe better style or place.
Also, with click on positive/negative count, getting details of date, time, from who and comments about gear/item/or just experience with seller/buyer.

For all, new to old members, this whould bring more peaceful feel while trading.

Btw, that number not random. All my trades here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 19 2024 04:38pm
no, a system like this will lead to users abusing it.

elevating false trades between circles or multi's to give a false perspective of positive interactions. (much like users collecting vouches after trades, it's worthless to anyone that knows better)
also by sabotaging users in competition or from pure spite to give a falsely attributed perception of negative interaction within the community.

encouraging use of the mediation system is the best way to ensure safety for traders.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Jan 19 2024 04:40pm
Jan 19 2024 04:47pm
Maybe with some restrictions?
Not day one user can vote, + 500 posts, OR just vouch count from confirmed traders maybe.

Any number that can separate me from new user who joined today and never trades here.

Agree on safe way of mediator, safer way, but i m here after spending 35min via med trade with member than using med for 1st time.

I whould sacrifice some % of safeties for 99% faster trade.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 19 2024 05:01pm
Quote (Sasha357 @ Jan 19 2024 05:47pm)
Maybe with some restrictions?
Not day one user can vote, + 500 posts, OR just vouch count from confirmed traders maybe.

Any number that can separate me from new user who joined today and never trades here.

Agree on safe way of mediator, safer way, but i m here after spending 35min via med trade with member than using med for 1st time.

I whould sacrifice some % of safeties for 99% faster trade.

you can by using a similar premise, although nothing is absolute.
i'd prioritize join date over anything, it's not super easy to pick up a mass of old accounts to abuse. but it does happen, and players trusted for years can still end up scamming you if you give them an opportunity to avoid blame.

but a vouch system in general, has never been a trustworthy situation in general. i usually avoid users that collect vouches for trading, not everyone is malicious about it, but a lot of them are.
a vouch system is already attempted and being abused without one existing on this site. if one was implemented it would be heavily abused as it becomes a determining factor to move items/fg.

if you are going to trade without a mediator, at least take the necessary steps to hold the people you trade with accountable should something go wrong.
Jan 19 2024 05:40pm
Already attempted?? Breaks my heart.

and players trusted for years can still end up scamming you if you give them an opportunity to avoid blame.
This happens to me when i joined here. Didn't had 10 posts total, and other guy was + 3k posts, old date no fg. He took my 2 x tokens and play dumb, counter accusing me after.

What if only mediator trades to count? Whould be nice to see big positive number just from time to time someone can skip mediator, but again with safer feel while doing it.

Now u gonna tell, "What if he collect positive just to wait one big azz scam and retire", well, its possible again. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Long time ago, i've been part of forum that had those counts. Probably they abused a bit, but in general it was helpful. Every count must be commented with facts and only like that can be counted.
Gold: 455.97
Jan 19 2024 05:51pm
a lot of these scumbags, pardon my language, i mean scammers -- can go for weeks/months/years trading just fine and then one day wake up and decide to wreak havoc

hell, they'll probably use a system like this to grind up a ton of good "positive" trades for a grand finale

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Jan 19 2024 05:51pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 19 2024 06:02pm
No, it would be abused.
Gold: 34,600.96
Jan 19 2024 06:15pm
Nope
People eventually figure out which users are trustworthy in each community.
Jan 19 2024 06:45pm
LOL, "Grand finale"! ๐Ÿ˜Š Gta5

Maybe they whould abuse, maybe then grind "positive", but still they need more effort like that.
Now, in every moment "Grand finale" is unlocked.

Yes, people eventually knows, but what with new guy? He dont know anyone.

Some easier way to know whos already been accused than to check "SA" daily.
Seen there same names on multiple scamms involved. Must be something to reduce that..
Trade Assistant
Gold: 100.35
Trader: Mediator
Jan 19 2024 07:09pm
Doesnโ€™t seem necessary, we have a system in place with the mediation system. Always use a mediator. Itโ€™s fast, free, and secure.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll