d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > New To Path Of Exile . . .
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,265.00
Jan 11 2024 01:34pm
Currently Level 72. Starting Act 10 - Once i complete campaign, i know im supposed to start farming to upgrade my gear to do the more difficult end game content

Any tips from this point onward on how to progress properly?
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 11 2024 04:11pm
Quote (Mazzy @ Jan 11 2024 08:34pm)
Currently Level 72. Starting Act 10 - Once i complete campaign, i know im supposed to start farming to upgrade my gear to do the more difficult end game content

check guides, watch skilled streamers..you dont really get into poe by yourself anymore :( thinking will get you nowhere because theres too much info so experience > intelligence

also, i dont wanna be a dick or nothing but...if you are someone who likes to learn by playing the game yourself, you will last in poe less than i would in margot robbie :mellow: so my advice at this point of poes existence is, just find a good guide and follow it word for word. its actually come to the point where you need a guide for finding a good guide..so wait for someone else to give that as i havent played it for a year and am practically back to being a noob <_<
Gold: 30,884.00
Jan 11 2024 05:55pm
Quote (Mazzy @ Jan 11 2024 11:34am)

Depends on your build. Some builds go breeze through all the content easily with just basic gears.
Gold: 2,206.30
Jan 11 2024 08:17pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ 2 Jan 2024 14:07)
play and have fun

Probably the best response.
When you are first starting out, do not get overwhelmed watching a ton of videos, etc.

Play through the game some, have fun.
There is plenty of time to deep dive into everything PoE has to offer.
Gold: 13,265.00
Jan 19 2024 05:26pm
Update:

• Reached Lvl 86 so far
• Completed map Tiers I-V(ned 1 ashen map & 1 dry sea map for Tier V)
• Got my Toxic rain ballista PF what i would say is fully geared 90% for end-game maps & bossing, following the guide from MaxRoll.

Would be nice to have a discord or some friends to talk and play along with that are knowledgeable; im just supposed to grind maps until i hit a wall basically right?
also having some slight trouble (i dont die) but my resists from my gear are not 75% how should i go about improving my all res?
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 19 2024 09:17pm
Quote (Mazzy @ Jan 20 2024 12:26am)
Update:

• Reached Lvl 86 so far
• Completed map Tiers I-V(ned 1 ashen map & 1 dry sea map for Tier V)
• Got my Toxic rain ballista PF what i would say is fully geared 90% for end-game maps & bossing, following the guide from MaxRoll.

Would be nice to have a discord or some friends to talk and play along with that are knowledgeable; im just supposed to grind maps until i hit a wall basically right?
also having some slight trouble (i dont die) but my resists from my gear are not 75% how should i go about improving my all res?

ah, it seems you hit the main wall already :unsure: you see, people who are knowlegeable dont really play along anyone..something like 95% poe players play alone, only the absolute elite and absolute noobs play in parties. for most, time spent in a party is time that could have been spent better otherwise :mellow: people like myself who enjoy company, dont really enjoy poe

and yes, poe char progression is something like
- grind until you hit a wall
- throw currency at char until you get over it
- if you dont have currency, grind until you get it
- repeat until there are no more walls
- grind more
- occasionally link items in global 1 and hope someone says gz
- make new char
- GRIND MORE
- quit league
- repeat everything next league
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List