d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > ~ Unofficial Official Poe 2 Discussion Thread ~
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.30
Dec 2 2023 01:45pm

~ Unofficial Official Path of Exile 2 Thread ~

The purpose of this thread is to have a place to post updates and news regarding the “sequel” to Path of Exile and discuss the various aspects of the new game from
GGG as details emerge, share insight and thoughts, and as the day gets closer, share information on builds/gear and other gameplay aspects.

~ Let’s keep this thread clean! ~

There is a wide variety of players and thoughts surrounding PoE2. It is important to remember that we do not
always share the same viewpoints, however, it does not mean we cannot respect them. This is a place for discussion about the game itself, not its players, and while
discussions can get “heated”, let’s please be respectful to one another and keep the thread alive. There is nothing wrong with a good debate, however, there is no need to make it personal.

~ Path of Exile 2 ~

Path of Exile 2 is a next generation Action RPG created by Grinding Gear Games. Set years after the original Path of Exile, you will return to the dark world of Wraeclast and seek to end the corruption that is spreading. Path of Exile 2 is a free-to-play online multiplayer game with co-op for up to six players.
Path of Exile 2 is a separate game to the original Path of Exile. We will continue to offer expansions for both games going forward. They are completely free-to-play and will never be "pay to win". Purchases are shared between the two games.

Since the death of Kitava, society has been slowly rebuilding, but Corruption has once again started to spread throughout Wraeclast. The people whisper of a ghastly living Seed that drives those around it to madness...
Path of Exile 2 features a brand new campaign with six acts, 100 distinct environments, 600 monsters and 100 bosses.

~ Path of Exile 2 World Premiere Trailer ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s65fA1urV4E

~ Path of Exile 2 Gameplay Videos ~

Official Druid Gameplay Walkthrough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwbCqQnWqog

Official Mercenary Gameplay Walkthrough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7mLtj7nxU

Dec 2 2023 01:48pm
I guess I will kick this off with one of the most notable changes I saw (there are many, I know) in that WASD will be a viable movement option!

I feel like this is going to make dodging much more effective, however, will require some different keybinds for skills and stuff.

It is going to be interesting to see how this new mechanic plays out.
Gold: 445.97
Dec 2 2023 07:59pm
rampage on bear form is just so dang cool. summon wolf gem with cast on melee stun meta gem seems neat. wolfs come out and use howl which adds a crit debuff, then rampage = :drool:

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Dec 2 2023 08:00pm
Dec 2 2023 09:15pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 2 Dec 2023 19:59)
rampage on bear form is just so dang cool. summon wolf gem with cast on melee stun meta gem seems neat. wolfs come out and use howl which adds a crit debuff, then rampage = :drool:

Yea, many of the new classes look pretty slick.
I am a bit on the fence about the mercenary atm though. I am hoping it is not a Segway into making the game something it is not.
Gold: 445.97
Dec 2 2023 09:53pm
Quote (bodierox @ Dec 2 2023 07:15pm)
Yea, many of the new classes look pretty slick.
I am a bit on the fence about the mercenary atm though. I am hoping it is not a Segway into making the game something it is not.

i also noticed they added wasd movement as well. which i'm not a fan of, but we'll see how it turns out
Gold: 1,627.69
Warn: 10%
Dec 3 2023 12:27pm
They look like theyre implementing a lot of things that they want for poe2 in poe. Like this gem bullshit. Not a good omen far as im concerned.
Gold: 2,721.69
Trader: Trusted
Dec 3 2023 04:23pm
Super excited to be able to mess around with the new gem system being able to technically 6 link everything will be nuts!
Dec 3 2023 04:31pm
Quote (HereComesTheKraken @ 3 Dec 2023 16:23)
Super excited to be able to mess around with the new gem system being able to technically 6 link everything will be nuts!

Yea, that is really going to change everything honestly.
Some of the builds now are nuts, imagine having a 2-skill helm, 4 linked, and being able to apply support gems into the skill as well.

Holy :banana:
Gold: 2,721.69
Trader: Trusted
Dec 3 2023 04:33pm
Quote (bodierox @ Dec 3 2023 03:31pm)
Yea, that is really going to change everything honestly.
Some of the builds now are nuts, imagine having a 2-skill helm, 4 linked, and being able to apply support gems into the skill as well.

Holy :banana:

I don't think we are actually ready for how insane the builds are gonna get with those combos!
Gold: 765.50
Dec 4 2023 07:41am
I noticed we haven't seen any auras in the videos. Wonder if they will do away with them.

Quote (HereComesTheKraken @ Dec 3 2023 05:23pm)

Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll