d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > 4070 Ti Vs 7900 Xt Same Price
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,940.00
Dec 13 2023 02:06am
Quote (WWI @ 13 Dec 2023 00:20)
Going all black components with a white case is never a good idea for aesthetic reasons imho.

GZ though

Hehe yeh, I never really cared about the looks of the inside because my old chassi was without glass panels. So I didn't really bother with this one, however it came with a glass panel, so now I can see the inside and it makes me a little sad.

Quote (UsEr_SeLeCtEd @ 13 Dec 2023 00:53)
looks nice, stormtrooper look is cool.

This makes me a little less sad to hear :)
Yeah I do not want RGB, but a little more white details on the mobo or psu cables would make this look a lot better.

e:
so the cpu aio cooler is daisy chaining into 1pwm connector on the radiators 3x fans and the pump and small fan on the cpu bracket.
When all is connected to the aio-pump socket the fans hits 1700rpm on idle and sounds like a vaccum-cleaner. Not nice when it looks like a dishwasher backside inside... Whiteware deluxe. However temps is good

So I connected everything into the cpu-fan slot, (which I guess is supposed to be for air coolers only? Yeah the fans are soo silent and nice so I chose to continue with this setup.
But then I've had a little bit of issues with thermals on the CPU, when there was heavy loads. So I assumed maybe the pump has to run higher all the time. So I bought a pwm splitter and connected fans to cpu-fan slot and the pump to the aio cooler slot.
I hope this helps, time will tell.

It's also currently winter here in swe and this new pc is definately heating up the office room way more than my old pc. I hope it will endure summer, otherwise I'll swap chassi and maybe invest in nh-d15. It never goes wrong

This post was edited by ChingeR on Dec 13 2023 02:13am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 5 2024 09:50am
Not to be disrespectful but never get a XFX Speedster, they are the highest in RMA's and are just not good. But, you have a good setup. Now what you need to do is optimize. Make sure you have good push and pull. (Air in and air out) You want to disperse heat and cool at the same time and have a positive pressure setup. Fans at the front pulling air in, cooler fans at top for air out, back fan for air out and if you can air out at the bottom. The GPU of that size gets hot fast and blows alot of air out quick so you want to vent air out of the case for good temps. It's the reason why your room gets hot. Now you need software and to control your fan speeds, I wouldn't do custom fan curve's but you want low speed on idle, under load (Gaming, video rendering) you want fast fan speeds which will up your RPM and it will be loud. You will need that under load to keep temps on your mob and gpu down to maintain good pressure and good coolant. You are gaming on a good visual setup with that LG but always optimize your specs in software settings as well. You probably wont get full 240HZ above 60 frames, so in terms of good setups run tests on what your card can do on different hertz, 60/144/240/ You will see frame difference on each setting. This is where you want to play settings in games. That card has great vram so you should be able to hit good settings in all setups and get 60+ frames and manage to play on high/ultra in most setups this is where the temps and high heat will come in because now the gpu i working harder.
Gold: 7,940.00
Jan 6 2024 04:34am
Quote (Jamesss @ 5 Jan 2024 16:50)
Not to be disrespectful but never get a XFX Speedster, they are the highest in RMA's and are just not good. But, you have a good setup. Now what you need to do is optimize. Make sure you have good push and pull. (Air in and air out) You want to disperse heat and cool at the same time and have a positive pressure setup. Fans at the front pulling air in, cooler fans at top for air out, back fan for air out and if you can air out at the bottom. The GPU of that size gets hot fast and blows alot of air out quick so you want to vent air out of the case for good temps. It's the reason why your room gets hot. Now you need software and to control your fan speeds, I wouldn't do custom fan curve's but you want low speed on idle, under load (Gaming, video rendering) you want fast fan speeds which will up your RPM and it will be loud. You will need that under load to keep temps on your mob and gpu down to maintain good pressure and good coolant. You are gaming on a good visual setup with that LG but always optimize your specs in software settings as well. You probably wont get full 240HZ above 60 frames, so in terms of good setups run tests on what your card can do on different hertz, 60/144/240/ You will see frame difference on each setting. This is where you want to play settings in games. That card has great vram so you should be able to hit good settings in all setups and get 60+ frames and manage to play on high/ultra in most setups this is where the temps and high heat will come in because now the gpu i working harder.

Thanks for replying :)

I think any brand has lots of RMA and reviews looked about the same for each brand. I've historically always liked Asus and MSI, but this XFX card was so much cheaper during black friday than the rest.

After roughly one month of owning this new pc I have tweaked loads. I've managed to get higher scores in benchmarks and at the same time undervolting CPU and GPU, along with overclocking the GPU. My temps are also lower since undervolting everything.
I've done a great fan setup on the chassis so I'm happy now. However the monitor just now a week ago decided to get a black dead pixel vertical line, so I'm gonna send it for repair or replacement meanwhile I'm on holiday for 3 weeks from monday
I always tweak gpu software settings a lot, but there's not as much to tweak on amd than there is on nvidia

This post was edited by ChingeR on Jan 6 2024 04:35am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2024 10:50am
Quote (ChingeR @ Jan 6 2024 05:34am)
Thanks for replying :)

I think any brand has lots of RMA and reviews looked about the same for each brand. I've historically always liked Asus and MSI, but this XFX card was so much cheaper during black friday than the rest.

After roughly one month of owning this new pc I have tweaked loads. I've managed to get higher scores in benchmarks and at the same time undervolting CPU and GPU, along with overclocking the GPU. My temps are also lower since undervolting everything.
I've done a great fan setup on the chassis so I'm happy now. However the monitor just now a week ago decided to get a black dead pixel vertical line, so I'm gonna send it for repair or replacement meanwhile I'm on holiday for 3 weeks from monday
I always tweak gpu software settings a lot, but there's not as much to tweak on amd than there is on nvidia

Good tear hear, im glad you are tweaking and learning. Sounds like you have things at a good wattage without overkill or damage and temps are holding that's good. I never overclock anything anymore as there isn't much need to do so in terms of gaming. That doesn't mean don't do it just make sure it's done right. But it looks like you have so good. And yea alot of brands have issues you are right.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll