d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Call of Duty Series > Packet Burst
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,049.41
Nov 10 2023 04:26pm
Anyone have this problem? I never had it before, now I have it.
I have high quality internet and hardware.
I have been trying to fix this for a while, dont know anything about it.
Any help appreciated it, have done lots of googling.
Thanks.
Would pay hefty for help.
Gold: 21,261.70
Nov 16 2023 09:58am
Is it Packet Burst message with 3 orange icons near the players mini-map while in a map in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2?

I have searched a bit extensively and read somewhere that this might do something for it:

Settings > Graphics > On-Demand Texture Streaming (located under Details & Features) -> Turn it "Off"

They also stated that it might take a few matches to notice any difference.

These things might help us locate the issue if that doesn't help:
Are you playing on PC or console?
Are you running the game from a machine with a network cable RJ45 Cat6 to your router or modem or are you running through a Wi-Fi connection?

A general rule of thumb is that no hardware can be high quality enough if measures can be taken to minimize lag, like temporarily stopping others from using the same network connection, but understandable that that is not an easy task especially when you might be sharing with multiple other people like on a school network or at home where your family shares it.
On PCs you can at least disable other things from running temporarily, like other game launchers, Windows updates, other softwares automatic update capabilities etc. Also if running on a PC - updating your chipset and network drivers might be a thing that does something (but always try things one at a time to see if something fixes it), and then go from there, next you could try updating your routers firmware etc.

Best regards
Aura

This post was edited by Aurastream on Nov 16 2023 10:07am
Nov 22 2023 06:36pm
Quote (Aurastream @ Nov 16 2023 09:58am)
Is it Packet Burst message with 3 orange icons near the players mini-map while in a map in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2?

I have searched a bit extensively and read somewhere that this might do something for it:

Settings > Graphics > On-Demand Texture Streaming (located under Details & Features) -> Turn it "Off"

They also stated that it might take a few matches to notice any difference.

These things might help us locate the issue if that doesn't help:
Are you playing on PC or console?
Are you running the game from a machine with a network cable RJ45 Cat6 to your router or modem or are you running through a Wi-Fi connection?

A general rule of thumb is that no hardware can be high quality enough if measures can be taken to minimize lag, like temporarily stopping others from using the same network connection, but understandable that that is not an easy task especially when you might be sharing with multiple other people like on a school network or at home where your family shares it.
On PCs you can at least disable other things from running temporarily, like other game launchers, Windows updates, other softwares automatic update capabilities etc. Also if running on a PC - updating your chipset and network drivers might be a thing that does something (but always try things one at a time to see if something fixes it), and then go from there, next you could try updating your routers firmware etc.

Best regards
Aura

PC
On-demand texture streaming off
Cat6 ethernet cable

Ive updated every single thing you can think of except BIOS.
Ive spent weeks trying to fix this, ive changed all kinds of settings in my network adapter, ive reset them back to normal, Ive bought countless cords a new ethernet card for my PC.
I dont know, I know 100% for sure its not my internet because my PS5 will play cod perfectly fine.
Im tearing my hair out, I just cant play and its so shit.
Gold: 21,261.70
Nov 26 2023 10:39am
Hello!

OK, thanks for letting me know.

I found a YouTube video that explains this issue on PC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjK2kZclXBU
In the video he says to edit a ini-file in Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players\adv_otpions.ini

Set "RendererWorkerCount" = 8 (was 7 from the beginning) - Depends on how many cores your machine has basically.
You can see how many cores you have in your task manager.

The other setting he changes is:
"VideoMemoryScale = 0.65" he mentions lowering the value but doesn't change his for some reason. I believe 1 would represent 100% VRAM usage (which is too much).

I found other videos as well but they were things you already tried.
Nov 26 2023 02:54pm
Quote (Aurastream @ Nov 26 2023 10:39am)
Hello!

OK, thanks for letting me know.

I found a YouTube video that explains this issue on PC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjK2kZclXBU
In the video he says to edit a ini-file in Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players\adv_otpions.ini

Set "RendererWorkerCount" = 8 (was 7 from the beginning) - Depends on how many cores your machine has basically.
You can see how many cores you have in your task manager.

The other setting he changes is:
"VideoMemoryScale = 0.65" he mentions lowering the value but doesn't change his for some reason. I believe 1 would represent 100% VRAM usage (which is too much).

I found other videos as well but they were things you already tried.

Thanks for still looking in to this, but I tried this quite a while ago and it changed nothing.
I've reinstalled the game and verified the files on to different solid state drives. All kinds of things.
Go Back To Call of Duty Series Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll