d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Where Is The Guy Whi Bragged About The Al East
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2023 10:04pm
Remember earlier in the season when someone (I won't name names) bragged about the AL Easy I mean East for being soooo good.

Fucking TRASH division. Rays and Jays out in the WC 🤣🤣🤣

This post was edited by Sixers on Oct 4 2023 10:05pm
Oct 5 2023 05:56am
Quote (KoJ @ Feb 13 2023 03:36pm)
im saying it is going to be harder for the orioles to win playing agains the yankees and red sox and blue jays and rays than it is for the astros playing the fuckin a's (lol) rangers(lol) mariners (they are actually good now but havent been) and the angles who cant get their shit together

these people have no clue they just regurgitate whatever they hear on espn radio
Gold: 17,554.00
Oct 5 2023 07:15am
AL east had 4 teams finish above .500

so ya they dominated this year

AL east is so good we still have a team in the playoffs after losing 2 :lol:

This post was edited by Crunkt on Oct 5 2023 07:21am
Gold: 1,051.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 5 2023 07:32am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

2 mentally retarded patients in one thread.
Gold: 3,726.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 5 2023 07:59am
O's > Rays > Jays

Rays started the year good but were mediocre ever since.

Jays did their typical "we really are pretty good" til they realized..."we aren't that good"

O's on the other hand? Dominant all year.

Most bettor/analyst picked the Jays to lose(because they always choke even if its the Twins) & many picked the Rangers because they were hot going into the post season and the Rays were like a stale potato chip.

My O's > Your Rags if you think the AL East sucks that bad?
Oct 5 2023 09:14am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 5 2023 09:59am)
O's > Rays > Jays

Rays started the year good but were mediocre ever since.

Jays did their typical "we really are pretty good" til they realized..."we aren't that good"

O's on the other hand? Dominant all year.

Most bettor/analyst picked the Jays to lose(because they always choke even if its the Twins) & many picked the Rangers because they were hot going into the post season and the Rays were like a stale potato chip.

My O's > Your Rags if you think the AL East sucks that bad?

"the rangers were hot going into the post season" - they lost 4 of their last 6 and choked away the al west title
"rays were like a stale potato chip" - they were 4-1 in their final 5 games lol

other than that, pretty good summary of the division. rays depth always helps them in the regular season as they overachieve but then is exposed in the playoffs as not being good enough. franco suspension and mcclanahan injury ruined any world series aspirations this year
jays are just a meme team at this point. yankees spend too much to ever fully bottom out but they really should follow the cubs/astros/o's model. same with red sox. both are stuck in no mans land but their fanbases are too simple to buy into a full teardown
o's are clearly the class of the division and the most well rounded team but the bautista injury while not impacting them in the regular season could end up being huge in the playoffs. they should be favored over texas but wouldn't be a huge upset if texas won.
Gold: 1,051.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 5 2023 10:04am
Quote (itsmattlol @ Oct 5 2023 11:14am)
"the rangers were hot going into the post season" - they lost 4 of their last 6 and choked away the al west title

other than that, pretty good summary of the division. rays depth always helps them in the regular season as they overachieve but then is exposed in the playoffs as not being good enough. franco suspension and mcclanahan injury ruined any world series aspirations this year
jays are just a meme team at this point. yankees spend too much to ever fully bottom out but they really should follow the cubs/astros/o's model. same with red sox. both are stuck in no mans land but their fanbases are too simple to buy into a full teardown
o's are clearly the class of the division and the most well rounded team but the bautista injury while not impacting them in the regular season could end up being huge in the playoffs. they should be favored over texas but wouldn't be a huge upset if texas won.

And the back pedal begins. 101 win but wouldn't be surprised if lose to a struggling Texas as you proclaimed. If you don't win this series, pretty big failure.
Gold: 3,726.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 5 2023 10:08am
Quote (itsmattlol @ 5 Oct 2023 10:14)

I was being sarcastic with a lot of that :P

Everyone was talking up the AL East because at one point the whole division was playoff bound but like anyone knows there's only one World Series Champ so you still have to win when it matters. Jays and Rays were bound to choke imo whether they got through the WC round or not they just don't have a full team that is well rounded.

IMO it'll be O's vs Braves WS I'm feeling O's in 6 if that be the case. Astros aren't dominant like they used to be and the Twins beat the lolJays basically the Maple Leafs of baseball.

Definitely on your side that the Rangers are the bigger threat to the O's then the Twins/Astros.

Oct 5 2023 10:51am
Quote (Vtrix @ Oct 5 2023 12:04pm)
And the back pedal begins. 101 win but wouldn't be surprised if lose to a struggling Texas as you proclaimed. If you don't win this series, pretty big failure.

losing in the alds the first year out of a complete teardown rebuild would be a big failure? where the core of the team are either rookies or 2nd year players?

hard to believe a fan of a team that hasn't even won a game in the wild card round the last 2 years can say something like that but then again it's you so i shouldnt be surprised as you've proven you don't know a single thing about baseball
Oct 5 2023 10:56am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 5 2023 12:08pm)
I was being sarcastic with a lot of that :P

Everyone was talking up the AL East because at one point the whole division was playoff bound but like anyone knows there's only one World Series Champ so you still have to win when it matters. Jays and Rays were bound to choke imo whether they got through the WC round or not they just don't have a full team that is well rounded.

IMO it'll be O's vs Braves WS I'm feeling O's in 6 if that be the case. Astros aren't dominant like they used to be and the Twins beat the lolJays basically the Maple Leafs of baseball.

Definitely on your side that the Rangers are the bigger threat to the O's then the Twins/Astros.

if it wasn't for bautista injury i'd say 80% chance o's win. having to move cano out of the setup role and relying on the other guys to fill setup roles is what scares me in the playoffs. o's and rangers split the season series. i'd say rangers better offense with the o's the better pitching. bradish and rodriguez have been the best 2 pitchers still in the playoffs in the 2nd half, means has been great since returning, so if they can go deep it might not matter this series. technically the bullpen hasn't regressed since the injury based on era and the w/l record but all of the underlying stats took a dip since bautista got hurt and they've had some luck on their side.

i sure hope your world series prediction is accurate :)
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll