d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > The 3k Fantasy League 2023-24
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Oct 3 2023 07:07pm
The 3k Fantasy League 2023-24

Entry Fee: 3000 fg

Mediator: TBA, anybody wants to?

Draft Date: TBA (asap)

Current pot: Entries (24000) + my ~~6000 as of now, but I'm aiming to donate 20000+ more in there if we get up and running, so expect this to change.

Regular season winner: 2500
Regular season runner-up: 1500

1st: 12000
2nd: 7000
3rd: 5000
4th: 3000

League size: 8 minimum, 14 max

How To Play:

Most of you are familiar with the game already, but those that aren't, here's a quick rundown.
More info at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-hockey We use Yahoo Fantasy. It has an app for both IOS / Android. Naturally also works with any internet browser.

Format is Head-To-Head, meaning each Game Week you play against another team. One Game Week is Monday through Sunday. There's usually some double weeks (Opening week, Christmas week etc.) I will let you know about those.
You can switch players up to 4 times during Game Week if needed. We use the Waiver system to eliminate the speed match of grabbing star players that are dropped off (Top Waiver turn = guaranteed pick).
In addition to Waivers and picking from Free Agency (rest of the available players) you can also trade with other teams. No brain dead trades please. Lets keep it fair for everyone.
The player with the most category wins out of their pair wins the Game Week. Even if you lose a week, but keep it close, you still get valuable points.
Don't lose hope if you hit a cold streak. You can turn the tables with a few blowout wins. Think carefully when you manage your team to keep your coverage consistent during the whole regular season.
Scoring categories are copied from our 2020 league and are as follows:

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%)

We draft the following positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

BN is Bench, your reserve of players you can switch in/out when they are playing/not playing.
Util means Utility. You can place any skater there. Think carefully.
We'll have IR+ spots for smaller day-to-day type of injuries, regular IR spot for longer term ones and NA (Not Active, meaning not in playing roster such as rookies, goalies) spot.
You can add an injured player from Free Agency straight to your free IR slot, but to play him you need to check that you are not over your roster limit.

Each week you are required to start a goalie in 3 games. Doesn't matter if he gets pulled / injured, it will count as a start.
Up to you how to continue after the 3 starts are up. If you fail to make the 3 starts, your goalie stats are auto-loss for the week.
You also have 4 moves each week if you want to switch any player using Free Agency. Moves are capped for the whole season. I'm still figuring out a good number. Maybe 50?

Don't forget to set your lineups! I believe Yahoo still resets your predetermined lineups if you make any roster moves, so don't forget to check if they've been reset.
Every team faces each other at least once. If there's not enough game weeks for everybody to face each other 2 times, Yahoo will randomly pick the rest. Schedule is randomized once after draft.
Regular season winner and runner-up get a small bonus prize for being top seeds.Playoff structure is decided after participating user amount is confirmed. Tiebreaker is highest seed.
We won't play during the last week of regular season, as some teams might rest their stars, which would affect the finals week. I will post the final schedule here if we get going.
NHL Trade Deadline is on March 8th 2024. Our DL will probably be 1-2 days after that, so people can adjust & make trades etc.

Rule changes from last year (subject to debate):

- Drop +- as a category
- Cap moves for the whole season (makes having free moves more valuable in the end). Weekly limit would still stay the same (4).
- IR spots total down to 2-3
Gold: 1,803.72
Oct 3 2023 07:15pm
id like to join again, if i knew what the mediator job was I would suggest myself but I dont. . I would perhaps add to the pot as well eventually.

This post was edited by Jibbosh on Oct 3 2023 07:15pm
Gold: 10,600.00
Oct 3 2023 07:19pm
Im in!
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 3 2023 11:36pm
In, also agree with dropping +/- category
Gold: 10.55
Oct 4 2023 07:56am
In and also willing to med.
im also sure will med if you want an official unofficial med

Also agree with getting rid of +/-

This post was edited by Slimesy on Oct 4 2023 08:03am
Gold: 4.00
Oct 4 2023 09:13am
Also while we are at it gotta decide on draft date asap. This weekend? Early next week? Lemme know.
Gold: 10.55
Oct 4 2023 09:37am
Quote (Rocko @ Oct 4 2023 08:13am)
Also while we are at it gotta decide on draft date asap. This weekend? Early next week? Lemme know.

Im good to draft whenever. Ideally it would be on a sunday afternoon before 4pm pst. But i can make pretty much anything work.
Gold: 10,995.01
Oct 4 2023 09:50am
im in just lmk
im fine with keeping or ditching +-
if were a lower amount of people like 8-10 id prefer a bit deeper of a draft but its whatever i just want to do some fantasy hockey
tues+thurs i cant draft after 10pm EST id generally prefer 6-9pm EST start time but should be fairly flexible outside of tues/thurs and could probably do earlier on weekends

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 4 2023 10:00am
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 4 2023 10:06am
Tonight, Jk.

This weekend for sure, Sunday is my target. Hoping I'll be home from work or before work I can draft. I'll have a more clear idea day or 2 prior, but majority of you guys decide on the date and I'll try to make it work.

I think I have Tuesday off

Also if we only get 8 teams, we could expand an extra c, rw, and LW spot for 3 additional players.

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 4 2023 10:30am
Gold: 1,392.04
Oct 4 2023 10:24am
I'd join. VERY inexperienced with Fantasy Hockey so yall will stomp me :F I'm cool with w/e roster&scoring is decided, I'm a noob :P

I will TRY to keep up lineup updated, calling out to tag me in Discord if I slack hehe

Draft any night after 6pm est would be best for me

Side note, apparently they're working on a "redzone" version for NHL, that would definitely help me get into fantasy hockey :O
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll