d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Wheel Of Time, Season 2
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,216.52
Sep 9 2023 01:45pm
What you guys think of season 2 so far?
Gold: 3,267.50
Sep 25 2023 05:25pm
I love it
Gold: 1,135.00
Sep 25 2023 09:21pm
Season 2 is alot better than S1 in my opinion. For me, that was an avid reader of WoT back in the days, Season 1 did not really measure up to it, but Season 2 is getting there. Especially last two episodes were awesome. Nothing beats the books, of course, but I'm getting more fond of the character embodiment now. Took some time to get used to the difference from my own inner vision based upon the books.

This post was edited by Skoe on Sep 25 2023 09:22pm
Gold: 99,201.55
Sep 26 2023 12:38pm
its better then season 1, I read the book up to black tower parts thats like 60% of the entire series. I dont know how they can condense that much source material into a season of 8-10 episode, will amazon continue to pump money for series such as this? knowingly they r losing money on prime tv. I dont think this show can get beyond season 4-5, the current batch of actors/actress just gonna get too old before they get to the last book at the current pacing of the show.
Gold: 1,135.00
Sep 27 2023 02:49am
Quote (IMCL85 @ Sep 26 2023 08:38pm)
its better then season 1, I read the book up to black tower parts thats like 60% of the entire series. I dont know how they can condense that much source material into a season of 8-10 episode, will amazon continue to pump money for series such as this? knowingly they r losing money on prime tv. I dont think this show can get beyond season 4-5, the current batch of actors/actress just gonna get too old before they get to the last book at the current pacing of the show.

Yeah, we'll see. Just did some research and it appears that Season 1 fared quite well in terms of views (although ratings seem to vary).

'The series was the most-watched Prime Video premiere of 2021 and among the most-watched Prime Video premieres on record; the premiere was also the most-pirated television program of the week The series had "the greatest average audience demand in the US in the first 30 days after its premiere of any new series" in 2021. According to Nielsen, season one accumulated 4.91 billion viewing minutes, making it the second-most watched season of a Prime Video original series on Nielsen's records'.'

The reviews of Season 2 seems to be much better also, although I don't know about view data for Season 2, although it seems to be going well enough to be expecting more seasons.

The source material is simply massive as you say, still remember each book being around 1000 pages, so obviously alot will be lost in the process. Still, thats why it is portrayed in TV-series and not a movie. :)

This post was edited by Skoe on Sep 27 2023 02:50am
Gold: 2,216.52
Sep 30 2023 01:57pm
I agree that season 2 looks better than the first, however, it seems a lot of criticism remains. They changed main characteristcs of some roles. Also they gave too much screen time to some of the side characters imo. Still an enjoyable show if you dont mind the change from the source material like some of you said.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 4 2023 09:29am
I honestly don't want to give it a chance.

On one hand I hate rewarding companies for their failures such as S1 which was a travesty in my opinion by coming back and watching S2. I feel it almost reinforces that its okay to make bad things.

On the other hand, if its actually good am I reinforcing that they are now doing good work and patting them on the back for changing.

Tough call. There's so much dog shit these days and I feel there's no actual punishment. Bad reviews is not punishment if there was still millions and million of people viewing even if they're just "hate watching" they still got your view.

D4, horrible game, 2.1 on metacritic. Still sold million and millions of copies.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 4 2023 09:31am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2023 10:04pm
I tried season on1, and first ep of season two. I just can't do it. They don't have time to adapt the source material, but spend time on so much that never happened in the book. Most guys got done hella dirty, and a lot of the stuff makes no sense if you start thinking about it.

Lews Therin trying to seal the dark one in as world where him being unsealed seemed to have no consequences, no war of power, had me screaming at the tv. So did calling him the dragon reborn.

The vastness of the source material is an excuse, the show is merely going on its own tengents doing its own stuff. This is what you get when you give a 100m$ budget to a guy who wrot a grand total of 20 tv episodes and a tv movie.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 5 2023 09:30am
Quote (StephanePare @ Oct 4 2023 10:04pm)
I tried season on1, and first ep of season two. I just can't do it. They don't have time to adapt the source material, but spend time on so much that never happened in the book. Most guys got done hella dirty, and a lot of the stuff makes no sense if you start thinking about it.

Lews Therin trying to seal the dark one in as world where him being unsealed seemed to have no consequences, no war of power, had me screaming at the tv. So did calling him the dragon reborn.

The vastness of the source material is an excuse, the show is merely going on its own tengents doing its own stuff. This is what you get when you give a 100m$ budget to a guy who wrot a grand total of 20 tv episodes and a tv movie.

That's my issue with watching S2. Do I reward such horrible work by going back to S2 because people on average say its better.

I didn't watch S3 of the Witcher for the same reason. I hated S1 and S2 when comparing to the books.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 5 2023 07:21pm
Quote (SBD @ 5 Oct 2023 11:30)
That's my issue with watching S2. Do I reward such horrible work by going back to S2 because people on average say its better.

I didn't watch S3 of the Witcher for the same reason. I hated S1 and S2 when comparing to the books.

It's not better, it's got more memeable moments. Instead of wasting an entire episode on stoic warders moping like babies when one of their own dies without advancing the plot, they spend several episodes with Moiraine being stilled for no better reason than to give Rosalin Pike more screen time to justify how much they're paying for her. They've deleted the best shieldmate you could ever have and sort of merged him with Avienda as well. Didn't setup the Ingtar reveal, which means he's either unimportant or it'll seem to come out of the blue.

They're making more entertaining blunders, but aren't making any moves to get closer to canon. Just watching arguments between showcloaks and book fans is enough for me.

Edit: There's also survivorship bias. People hating the show mostly left, now the fans aren't getting drowned out anymore.

This post was edited by StephanePare on Oct 5 2023 07:24pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll