d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Who Would You Draft?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,732.50
Sep 2 2023 03:00pm
Drafting 1st overall, In a 14 team league with 4 keepers already picked. Basically the best available is timo Meier or svech. However hintz is also there.

H2h pts league, goal =4pts, assists =3, ppp=0.5,pim=0.2, hits/sog/blk =0.3

My keepers are kaprisov, connor, fox and Vasildhsjdhfhdhsky

Meier: basically poormans ovechkin, good for 30+goals 60-70pts with 300+sog and ton of hits. Winger, so more scarce position than centers.

Downside: most likely plays 2nd line in njd to balance the lines. Bratt seems to play with Hughes.

Hintz: I think he will score 40g and roughly 50+ assists this season, 80 to 90pt player if not better. Plays with robo/pavelski. Young, good for keeper option if I decide to let go of one of my keepers above. Will be my 1C.

Downside: center position, there are far more centers in the league than good LW players. I can most likely draft lindholm/cozen/etc. Type of centers later in the draft, but it's almost a guarantee that I won't be able to draft Meier tier of winger later in the draft.

Overall fantasy pt projection from multiple sources with my league settings have Meier having a lil more pts overall than hintz.

What about you guys?
Gold: 1,803.72
Sep 2 2023 04:01pm
I'd pick Hintz.
I Love New Jersey, but I just think for some reason that Meier doesnt fit well there.

Hintz will just dominate with Roberston, whether Pavelzki plays with them or not, I wouldn't be surprised if they put Johnson with them if it doesn't work out as well.

Also Meier feels like hes more injury prone than Hintz.
Sep 2 2023 04:23pm
Quote (Jibbosh @ 2 Sep 2023 15:01)
I'd pick Hintz.
I Love New Jersey, but I just think for some reason that Meier doesnt fit well there.

Hintz will just dominate with Roberston, whether Pavelzki plays with them or not, I wouldn't be surprised if they put Johnson with them if it doesn't work out as well.

Also Meier feels like hes more injury prone than Hintz.

Yeah he definitely hasn't produced as many pts as he did with SJS after being traded. Which makes sense, due to new team enviornment and moving from west to east. Then also not having to be heavily relied upon playing with NJD, playing 2nd line. However, his sog, hits etc. all stayed the same if not better. I think goals and assists will eventually come, but i still see him as 60-70pt winger with the devils. With the peripherals from hits,sog,pim makes up for the 10-20less scoring vs. Hintz being a 80-90pt center.

I think injure prone wise it's a wash, Meier is more prone to injury because of his playstyle, but he only missed 4-5 games over the last 3years. Whereas Hintz loses about 10+games when he's hurt, while not playing as rough as Meier.

This post was edited by Secksii on Sep 2 2023 04:23pm
Gold: 1,803.72
Sep 2 2023 05:50pm
Quote (Secksii @ Sep 2 2023 06:23pm)
Yeah he definitely hasn't produced as many pts as he did with SJS after being traded. Which makes sense, due to new team enviornment and moving from west to east. Then also not having to be heavily relied upon playing with NJD, playing 2nd line. However, his sog, hits etc. all stayed the same if not better. I think goals and assists will eventually come, but i still see him as 60-70pt winger with the devils. With the peripherals from hits,sog,pim makes up for the 10-20less scoring vs. Hintz being a 80-90pt center.

I think injure prone wise it's a wash, Meier is more prone to injury because of his playstyle, but he only missed 4-5 games over the last 3years. Whereas Hintz loses about 10+games when he's hurt, while not playing as rough as Meier.

Is Hintz a pure Center on the yahoo draft? Or do they put him on the wing. at this point, id just take what you need the most with whats left, if alot of the good centers are gone, then Hintz, if you have good centers and you think you can get something decent in the later rounds, then Mieier.
Gold: 10.55
Sep 2 2023 06:06pm
I'd take hintz personally, i like his game, and playing with robertson and pavs he has insane upside. Meier i think will be better than he was to close the season, but i cant see him outscoring hintz even when considering hits and blocks.
Gold: 10,995.01
Sep 2 2023 11:37pm
Quote (Jibbosh @ Sep 2 2023 07:50pm)
Is Hintz a pure Center on the yahoo draft? Or do they put him on the wing. at this point, id just take what you need the most with whats left, if alot of the good centers are gone, then Hintz, if you have good centers and you think you can get something decent in the later rounds, then Mieier.

last year think he was c/rw
Sep 3 2023 11:48am
Thanks guys i think ill just yolooo with Hintz, he will be my 1c anyway.

Can probably grab another decent C later on, really hoping i can snatch up dougie with my 15/16th picks.

Quote (Jibbosh @ 2 Sep 2023 16:50)

yup, he's listed just as a center. Hopefully yahoo changes it so he can be a winger as well again.

This post was edited by Secksii on Sep 3 2023 11:53am
Sep 8 2023 04:09pm
Quote (Slimesy @ 2 Sep 2023 17:06)
I'd take hintz personally, i like his game, and playing with robertson and pavs he has insane upside. Meier i think will be better than he was to close the season, but i cant see him outscoring hintz even when considering hits and blocks.

Im still gonna go with my heart and pick hintz, but damn dom and few other projections have meier around 410+ fantasy pts. For a winger and multicat beast is so good. Hintz is like 380 to 420 range, 420 if he gets like 95pts.
Gold: 17,801.00
Sep 12 2023 06:11pm
No +/- stats take away from Hintz and adds stock for Meier. That 1st line in Dallas is very talented and should be running great +/- stats for years, even if Little Joe is old and needs a replacement soon. Robertson + Hintz is a dominant line in of itself. Shame no +/- stats or it would be an obvious choice.

Hintz has a higher potential I would say, but Meier is listed as RW.

Check to see if there is updates on their official positions.

As you said wingers putting up solid numbers are a lot harder to find than centers.

I agree with the points you made. Thing is in a keeper league Hintz could turn out to be an absolute stud that keeps getting better.

When it is that close I usually go for the guy with higher potential and better long term yield. Think Hintz is your guy if you are willing to give up a safer pick for a guy who could be a real home run.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Sep 12 2023 06:15pm
Sep 12 2023 06:30pm
Ended up trading my 1st overall to 2nd overall and moved up my other picks. I'm gonna take whoever falls to me lol, if roope gets picked ill be deciding btwn Hamilton and Meier :rofl:
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll