d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Please Help!! Install Windows 10 On New Ssd
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,790.00
Aug 11 2023 06:57pm
I've just bought a ssd and trying to install windows 10 to the new ssd. I have disconnected my old HDD and changed all boot priorities to boot USB-HDD but the problem is I keep getting a message saying

Verifying DMI pool data........
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter.

Before disconnected the old HDD and the disk drive, I had it trying to boot from disk and kept asking me to insert cd/dvd.

I have tried everything to get this stupid thing to load from my USB drive but nothing is working.

Usb drive has been fully formatted and not quick format, it's a 16gb USB drive, it's formatted to FAT32, Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology GA-68LMT-USB3 6.0

I am honestly at my witts end, I'm use to just putting windows on a USB and booting from usb and it working on all my other laptops. This is a new pc and just wanted to install everything onto my new 2tb ssd.

The 2tb ssd shows up in bios

Anyone know how to get this stupid thing to work?

I can provide photos if needed

Been struggling for few days now
Gold: 136.50
Aug 11 2023 07:32pm
May be helpful, look into 'ssd partition' and settings up the disk volumes, a step needed for boot.
Gold: 4,790.00
Aug 11 2023 09:43pm
Quote (SgtS @ 12 Aug 2023 02:32)
May be helpful, look into 'ssd partition' and settings up the disk volumes, a step needed for boot.

All sorted now, I got fed up and decided just to clone it with macrium reflect free trial. Removed the old HDD without wiping it just incase as a back up. So much simpler 😁
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll