d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Changes To Nes Game Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 7 2023 03:12pm
How much work is it to change or add functions to an NES game? There are a few games i like a lot, but with some tweaking, they could be that much better.

Just wondering how much work it is.

Copying one of my posts in this video:

"This game could have so much more potential.

They could make it longer.

The sindarin-items could have hidden uses, such as: The book could reduce vendor prices, and/or explain how the spells function.

The cross could maybe reveal hidden doors. But then it should be found in the very first stage, but perhaps even more secluded.

The gauntlet could reduce damage taken by say 30% (in addition to other armor items, which would give a % defense too).

The ring could make you passively and slowly regenerate magic.

It is not a bad game, but it could be so much better with just a little more tweaking!! And that is such a shame it does not have it.

I wish i knew a bit about programming so that i could make the changes myself, and re-release it as a fan made game."
Gold: 3,558.23
Jul 7 2023 06:05pm
I've been looking into this lately too, I've got some basic programming experience but this is way outside my wheelhouse. I think "how hard" would remain unknown until someone tries it.

Check out neshacker on YouTube, he's got some great videos on this.
Gold: 344.00
Jul 8 2023 03:06pm
Quote (Taurean @ Jul 7 2023 05:12pm)
How much work is it to change or add functions to an NES game? There are a few games i like a lot, but with some tweaking, they could be that much better.

Just wondering how much work it is.

Copying one of my posts in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMF0uJd3K8g

"This game could have so much more potential.

They could make it longer.

The sindarin-items could have hidden uses, such as: The book could reduce vendor prices, and/or explain how the spells function.

The cross could maybe reveal hidden doors. But then it should be found in the very first stage, but perhaps even more secluded.

The gauntlet could reduce damage taken by say 30% (in addition to other armor items, which would give a % defense too).

The ring could make you passively and slowly regenerate magic.

It is not a bad game, but it could be so much better with just a little more tweaking!! And that is such a shame it does not have it.

I wish i knew a bit about programming so that i could make the changes myself, and re-release it as a fan made game."

someone here would know
https://www.vg-resource.com/
and yeah its pretty common to do romhacks like in Pokemon custom maps and stuff all the time

actually in final fantasy their is a chest room at the start of the game with like 5-6 good starter items but romhackers did a randomly generated mod of the game and that room is loaded with end game gear

bit too late for me im too old now
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll