d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Star Wars Episode Ii: Attack Of The Clones
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 107.77
Sep 9 2023 09:33am
Gold: 55,231.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 14 2023 08:07pm
my hot take is star wars has always been bad. think im talking nonsense? rewatch the originals and really listen to the dialogue. star wars has always been stupid, but with these newer series, they just turned up the stupid dial by a billion. what was the result? piles of hot garbage that even john williams couldnt carry. george lucas screwed up his prequels, and then sold it to disney knowing theyd screw up even worse and then everyone would lose >< i will concede that the original star wars series is a solid set of films (the last one is pretty dumb but meh the emperor is just so fun.) star wars facilitated creativity and experimentation when it was first made but it is now a symbol of something similar to the mcdonalds arch. disney wants to make a PRODUCT that feels familiar and unthreatening.

as far as specifics go, i think attack of the clones is probably slightly worse than the force awakens and the last jedi, but i was gobsmacked by that rise of skywalker. it was maybe the worst movie i have ever seen.
Gold: 144.33
Sep 16 2023 05:37pm
Gold: 8,355.04
Sep 22 2023 09:10am
Quote (AleKsRoBerto @ Sep 14 2023 10:07pm)
my hot take is star wars has always been bad. think im talking nonsense? rewatch the originals and really listen to the dialogue. star wars has always been stupid, but with these newer series, they just turned up the stupid dial by a billion. what was the result? piles of hot garbage that even john williams couldnt carry. george lucas screwed up his prequels, and then sold it to disney knowing theyd screw up even worse and then everyone would lose >< i will concede that the original star wars series is a solid set of films (the last one is pretty dumb but meh the emperor is just so fun.) star wars facilitated creativity and experimentation when it was first made but it is now a symbol of something similar to the mcdonalds arch. disney wants to make a PRODUCT that feels familiar and unthreatening.

as far as specifics go, i think attack of the clones is probably slightly worse than the force awakens and the last jedi, but i was gobsmacked by that rise of skywalker. it was maybe the worst movie i have ever seen.

They realized that they can make far more money catering everything to children and have since produced an unreal amount of garbage
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Sep 24 2023 08:53pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Sep 23 2023 04:10am)
They realized that they can make far more money catering everything to children and have since produced an unreal amount of garbage

Why bother making anything good when kids with super low bar will consume any old garbage?

Don't give your kids money people make them earn it. Also if people don't want garbage don't give Disney more money to make even more of it.

We have ourselves to blame and trusting Hollywood for having our best interest at heart.
Gold: 21.00
Sep 29 2023 05:48pm
Disney ruins everything they touch sadly, With that said, The last 3 won't horrible. they just lacked that Lucas feel that episode 1-6 had.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll