d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Witcher Season 3: Henry Cavill As Geralt
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 17 2023 11:34am
Quote (KoJ @ Jul 17 2023 10:18am)
never played the games or read the books

show is entertaining. im not one to hyper analyze shows/movies. im not interested in doing homework. just watching stuff lol

The difficulty for most of us on here is we have read the books or played the game. In my case read the books.

Its hard to shut your brain off and not compare.

Its like that with any adaptation though. Its not many shows where you say, that show was as good as the book, likewise for movies. Movies it's very understandable why they typically turn out trash since you're trying to condense these big novels into a 2-hour film. Shows have similar issues for long novels but should be able to do it better with 8-15 hours of showtime to work with. The Witcher in my opinion has not utilized that time well and has not really developed a fantasy world. Factions are not fleshed out, characters have been heavily altered to the point where they don't resemble the source material and they don't end up making any sense at all, nor do their actions.

This post was edited by SBD on Jul 17 2023 11:35am
Gold: 3,826.00
Jul 27 2023 11:11am
Okay ladies, we’ve got our answer why we’ve got so many questionable casting choices with obese sorceresses, elf’s of colour and what not.

It’s personal agenda of the casting director to empower? minorities? to ensure nobody would call her 5 year old daughter “a bitch”. Also she manages to be so incredibly racist to Anya Chalotra saying she got cast not because she’s a good actress or a beautiful lady, but because she’s a person of colour and they needed one to subvert expectations and further their diversity agenda. How did Netflix greenlight this interview?

FML, I wish I was making this up. This is so sad to read.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/07/24/the-witcher-casting-director-admits-to-using-her-job-to-affect-change-in-viewers-and-manipulate-their-unconscious-bias/

This post was edited by Malopox on Jul 27 2023 11:12am
Gold: 91.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 28 2023 07:19pm
Henry is the only good cast
Show never met expectations. Respect to Cavill for leaving. He thought it was dogshit and decided he didnt want to be part of it anymore.

Yennifer 🤮

This post was edited by DaJockaz on Jul 28 2023 07:19pm
Gold: 654.00
Aug 4 2023 02:43pm
nice
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll