d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Any Fun Way To Learn Python?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 52,414.89
Jun 26 2023 02:03pm
pre-face, I have the basics down pat very well.

Does anyone know of a Fun way to learn more intermediate and advanced python code?
I'd prefer to avoid loading up a ton of modules and lean more into learning how to accomplish things.

I'm aware of learning 'projects' but they don't really strike my interest.
Useful and practical learning is where I grow, making a random project that I have no interest in doesn't.

So can any of you kind folks share any 'fun' ways you've learned more intermediate/advanced python code?
Gold: 3,558.23
Jun 27 2023 07:38am
"fun"is pretty subjective here. What do you do for a living? I ask because I've been in the same boat, and most of my learning has come from work interactions. I try to make the time to automate everything I can, even if it's something that shouldn't be automated or is effectively a waste of time, I'm still learning so it's not entirely a waste.

One of the projects I started at home was web servers, automating the creation and configuration of simple lamp servers on my desktop at home. You can do it work virtualbox, VMware, hyper-v, or a number of other free vm software, and you can pick any distro you'd like to run the servers on, with or without gui. I never finished working this one out since the dish with all my vm's died, but I did have a lot of fun muddling through it with PowerShell, python, and php.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,898.60
Trader: Trusted
Jun 27 2023 12:29pm
You've kind of already answered your own question; you know you need to make a project and you know you need to make it something that interests you.

Find some kind of problem that you're having and try to fix it. For me, with Python, it was event timers in Runescape. Decided I wanted to make a discord bot that would set timed reminders, connect to a few APIs, etc. to help me with Runescape stuff, whether it already existed or not. Lots of fun and learned a lot.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll