d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Sabbath?
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 760.00
May 28 2023 03:42am
Does anyone else worship on sabbath or honor the sabbath like the 10 commandments say to do?

I find it challenging. Saturday is the biggest buying and selling day in the world and everyone is closed on Sunday for some reason which is opposite of what the Bible says to do.

I had a job where I was able to have Friday and Saturday off but not anymore . It’s a weird conflict since even doctors and pastors work on the sabbath technically.

I know that my salvation is not based on my works and I think God understands our scenario in the modern world. They teach the prophecy that someday we will be unable to buy and sell and if we choose to accept the mark of the beast we lose our salvation…

I don’t know what to believe. What are your experiences when studying this aspect of the Christian faith?

In the faith I’m accustomed to we use the Bible for all basis of practice “Sola scriptura”, meaning by scripture alone, is a Christian theological doctrine held by most Protestant Christian denominations. So therefor we follow the sabbath as it was before Rome decided to change it to Sunday, which has no biblical foundation.

The third commandments clearly states to remember and keep the sabbath day holy. It’s the only commandment that starts with “remember“ and somehow it’s the one most have forgotten. Satan obviously has control of the world. The prophets said he would try to change the times (literally) and that has come to pass.

At the end of the day even as I revere the sabbath day and keep it holy, I don’t know if I can ignore the part about my working and not having anyone work for you (buying and selling, doing laborious works, etc.)

I’m curious what you have studied on the matter and what you do to resolve this?

I might need to find a different job…
Gold: 23,894.69
May 28 2023 08:16am
There is nothing changing the sabbath from saturday to sunday as far as i know. However in acts, they meet on the first day of the week (sunday) and paul tells the corinthians to set aside money for collection on the first day of the week. Some think this is when Sunday worship started, but there doesnt seem to be a clear answer. With that said, honoring the sabbath is the only of the 10 commandments not reiterated in the new testament. As Jesus says, the sabbath was made for man, (for our rest). I dont think the day of the week matters. Every day should be a day of worship, but setting aside one special day isnt a bad thing either. As long as you're worshipping in spirit and truth, I dont think the actual day matters as Paul says:

Colossians 2:16
Freedom From Human Rules
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic