d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Webpage Conception For Fg
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 91,307.78
Aug 21 2023 04:10pm
Quote (flapmo @ Aug 21 2023 05:56pm)
Pay amateur prices, get amateur products. It's that simple.

The equivalent of 600 bucks, that would not even cover a day of a regular SWE. :banana:

Hope it all resolves for the both of you.

This is why you buy cheap templates... Web devs usually make money off selling quantities of their templates for cheap.
Gold: 45,377.00
Aug 21 2023 05:49pm
I am a professional working with Odoo! I can provide consultancy to get the job done with it professionally with 200k fg. I will take three weekends from me to get it done 100% with MVP solution.
Gold: 4,462.26
Aug 21 2023 11:15pm
Quote (voidqueen @ 22 Aug 2023 00:10)
This is why you buy cheap templates... Web devs usually make money off selling quantities of their templates for cheap.

I know. Was referring to expecting to get something custom for the price of a template + day of tweaking.

I'm a professional yet use wordpress + templates on side projects frequently. It is very hard to beat if you need run of the mill websites. Pretty sure what OP wants is trivial in wordpress + woocommerce + theme. Also the mentioned example that he desires to copy is made with Shopify.

This post was edited by flapmo on Aug 21 2023 11:18pm
Gold: 31,186.00
Aug 21 2023 11:25pm
Quote (flapmo @ 22 Aug 2023 01:15)
I know. Was referring to expecting to get something custom for the price of a template + day of tweaking.

I'm a professional yet use wordpress + templates on side projects frequently. It is very hard to beat if you need run of the mill websites. Pretty sure what OP wants is trivial in wordpress + woocommerce + theme. Also the mentioned example that he desires to copy is made with Shopify.

Exact, most of the reference given, are made from Shopify/Wordpress, but the only thing so far that I’ve been disliking about those is that the price changing. Because of the particular items I want to promote, it could be meant I’d have to change the price daily, and over a year worths of time, it’s alot. I would prefer going with Wordpress ( as my domain/hosting I’ve purchased has this included/support this already ?) because Shopify charge monthly fee+ comission and that would force me to be less competitive.

This post was edited by Papy on Aug 21 2023 11:26pm
Gold: 4,462.26
Aug 22 2023 12:11am
Quote (Papy @ 22 Aug 2023 07:25)
Exact, most of the reference given, are made from Shopify/Wordpress, but the only thing so far that I’ve been disliking about those is that the price changing. Because of the particular items I want to promote, it could be meant I’d have to change the price daily, and over a year worths of time, it’s alot. I would prefer going with Wordpress ( as my domain/hosting I’ve purchased has this included/support this already ?) because Shopify charge monthly fee+ comission and that would force me to be less competitive.

Little heads-up, if shopify costs are a make or break on your margins you might reconsider your plan. Even if you don't use shopify you will need payment integrations. Stripe etc. are not free either. I would kick it off with Shopify if you know it to validate your product market fit. You can even "pay" the shopify fees out of pocket and set your intended lower prices as if you were using a (magical) far cheaper option. Consider it startup fees to enter the market.

As costs almost change "daily" I assume you are going to do some dropshipping without influence on the original sellers costs of the product. If the margins are that tight you need to change almost daily you're in trouble when selling crypto miners. It's not a high volume product. Wild guess of course, you might have entirely other plans :).

GL!

This post was edited by flapmo on Aug 22 2023 12:19am
Aug 22 2023 12:49am
Quote (flapmo @ 22 Aug 2023 02:11)
Little heads-up, if shopify costs are a make or break on your margins you might reconsider your plan. Even if you don't use shopify you will need payment integrations. Stripe etc. are not free either. I would kick it off with Shopify if you know it to validate your product market fit. You can even "pay" the shopify fees out of pocket and set your intended lower prices as if you were using a (magical) far cheaper option. Consider it startup fees to enter the market.

As costs almost change "daily" I assume you are going to do some dropshipping without influence on the original sellers costs of the product. If the margins are that tight you need to change almost daily you're in trouble when selling crypto miners. It's not a high volume product. Wild guess of course, you might have entirely other plans :).

GL!

I don’t see profit as money wise only, as to what most to only focus on the amounts…startup has a cost that’s for sure, and my profit or margin aren’t intended to kick in until I’ve built a decent satisfied customer base. That’s part of the plan at least, promote at the same price I have to begin with, then see what up. I don’t intend to live off this, but I don’t want to attach myself with a monthly fee or processing fee unless I have a margin/profit. I am okay with doing simple order off the book to begin with, and offer individual service to begin with.
Still have my regular job, so this isn’t a priority.

This post was edited by Papy on Aug 22 2023 12:53am
Gold: 455.97
Aug 22 2023 03:55pm
Quote (flapmo @ Aug 21 2023 02:56pm)
Pay amateur prices, get amateur products. It's that simple.

The equivalent of 600 bucks, that would not even cover a day of a regular SWE. :banana:

Hope it all resolves for the both of you.

if the OP wants a custom site not using shopify and all from sratch, then yeah. but if using some kind of e-commerce library.. an indian dev would be drooling at the mouth ready to set this up for $600
Aug 24 2023 12:11am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 22 Aug 2023 17:55)
if the OP wants a custom site not using shopify and all from sratch, then yeah. but if using some kind of e-commerce library.. an indian dev would be drooling at the mouth ready to set this up for $600

I have exemples of what I would like to have, and yes, they are Shopify/Wordpress. I know these person who own theses exemple, and they are not a 1 man team behind the scenes. I have others exemple who are not or may not be from Shopify/wordpress…I don’t know. My only issue with those is the price changing, because I might have to change them daily, I don’t want to commit to changing 20 different page of product and lose 20-30min each day doing so. I’m sure there is some options around, but I don’t know them. I had a WordPress website in the past, and I hated to go on every product page to change the price, I can’t imagine doing it daily. I never expected someone to code a whole thing for me, it was a proposal offered, and it went to hell.

This post was edited by Papy on Aug 24 2023 12:12am
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll