d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Beautiful Hymns
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 6,325.00
Apr 25 2023 10:21pm
Psalm 34 (Live)
by The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
https://youtu.be/DfW2mkkMTAg

This is a powerful rendition of the verses from Pslam 34, sung by a large choir and backed by talented musicians. My wife, kids, and I put this on and can't help but sing along!
I really enjoy seeing the very diverse amount of people singing this worship song: men, women, white, black, etc. It brought about visions of what heaven will be like: numerous voices singing and praising God in unison, smiles on everyone's faces, powerfully moving energy and emotion. The lead vocalists really take it to the next level with their voices leading the song, their expressions are inspiring, as well!

It's also great to see so many others have enjoyed this song with all the comments and 65M views. I hope you enjoy it, too!
May 5 2023 11:08pm
Give Me Jesus
by Stellenbosch University Choir
https://youtu.be/BUcmXTbZUqk

“You may have all this world
Give me Jesus”
Simple, yet tremendously bold and powerful. The origins of this hymn are believed to be from slaves. Knowing this, I think it elevates the message: imagine what it was like to be enslaved, having no hope of ever really “having the world” and its riches, and exclaiming out in almost a protest-like way “You may have all this world, give me Jesus”. Perhaps there is more to the meaning and message, as well, that the world is rotten (where brutal slavery is possible) and Jesus is obviously more valuable.
The choir does a really great job wringing out the tears from the heart, there are parts where it seems like they are wailing and crying out in such a beautiful way—I think it captures the origin and message of this hymn so very well!

This post was edited by WizardKiller on May 5 2023 11:18pm
Banned
Gold: 966.00
Warn: 20%
May 12 2023 11:28pm
Amen brother
Jul 6 2023 10:41pm
Jesus Paid It All
by Kim Walker-Smith

A wonderful rendition of a classic that breaks into an energetic exclamation. My wife, kids and I really get a lot of joy out of singing this together. Watching a young child lift his hands out in worship, as you sing together, it is beyond words to describe how incredible it make a father feel. May you find as much from this as we have!

Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic