d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Joy
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 6,325.00
Apr 16 2023 11:08pm
Wonderful video explaining biblical joy. Its visuals and message are very digestible and help one to understand what joy is. I pray someone gets as much out of this as I have, and that it may provide clarity in your thinking and gratefulness in your heart.

BibleProject - Joy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOhQTuD2e0

This post was edited by WizardKiller on Apr 16 2023 11:09pm
Gold: 62.77
Apr 19 2023 01:25am
Thank you for posting that video. I needed that reminder and so did one of my brothers in Christ. I reminded him of Paul. Even though he spent a lot of time in prison, he didn't feel sorry for himself and his circumstances. He understood that God had him where he needed to be to share the gospel. A lot of prisoners and guards came to faith in Jesus because Paul was in there sharing the gospel. Paul had a good understanding that even though this life is difficult, he had Jesus and that's enough reason right there to always be joyful.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4‭-‬7

It takes living a life of gratitude to be joyful in the Lord. Instead of focusing on what we don't have, we focus on what we do have and we praise God for it. If we're spending the majority of our time praising God for what He has blessed us with, joy will come naturally.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8
Gold: 6,325.00
Apr 19 2023 08:54pm
Quote (wraps @ Apr 19 2023 01:25am)
Thank you for posting that video. I needed that reminder and so did one of my brothers in Christ. I reminded him of Paul. Even though he spent a lot of time in prison, he didn't feel sorry for himself and his circumstances. He understood that God had him where he needed to be to share the gospel. A lot of prisoners and guards came to faith in Jesus because Paul was in there sharing the gospel. Paul had a good understanding that even though this life is difficult, he had Jesus and that's enough reason right there to always be joyful.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4‭-‬7

It takes living a life of gratitude to be joyful in the Lord. Instead of focusing on what we don't have, we focus on what we do have and we praise God for it. If we're spending the majority of our time praising God for what He has blessed us with, joy will come naturally.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Amen, brother, very well said!
We have a great opportunity amongst nonbelievers to show true joy: it has a great impact on everyone around you when the storms of life hit, and you are still joyful amongst hardship.

This post was edited by WizardKiller on Apr 19 2023 08:54pm
Gold: 62.77
Apr 20 2023 01:21am
Quote (WizardKiller @ Apr 19 2023 09:54pm)
Amen, brother, very well said!
We have a great opportunity amongst nonbelievers to show true joy: it has a great impact on everyone around you when the storms of life hit, and you are still joyful amongst hardship.

Oh yeah absolutely. We don't really see it too much but people notice other people. Even more if they know we're Christians. If someone attacks us and we respond with love, others really notice that. They might not understand it but they can respect it and if we're giving the glory to God, it's another seed planted.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic