d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14684694704714722039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,229.10
Jul 29 2010 04:22am
when bulking should i do some morning running on my off days? i take saturday and sunday off so im thinking of doing some morning cardio.. like 30 mins~ to minimize fat gains or it doesnt work like that?

This post was edited by iloveualot on Jul 29 2010 04:23am
Gold: 700.00
Jul 29 2010 09:26am
I'm constantly getting sick cause i'm traveling alot for tennis and stuff and i cant be getting sick as much as i do

you got any tips for me

This post was edited by baboli on Jul 29 2010 09:26am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 29 2010 12:07pm
Quote (iloveualot @ Jul 29 2010 06:22am)
when bulking should i do some morning running on my off days? i take saturday and sunday off so im thinking of doing some morning cardio.. like 30 mins~ to minimize fat gains or it doesnt work like that?

depends....but generally during solid bulking cycles cardio is to be avoided....If you absolutely wanted to do some cardio on off days, I'd recommend swimming which can have an anabolic effect, rather than catabolic effect.
Jul 29 2010 12:15pm
Quote (baboli @ Jul 29 2010 11:26am)
I'm constantly getting sick cause i'm traveling alot for tennis and stuff and i cant be getting sick as much as i do

you got any tips for me

follow my exact instructions below:

General Rules For SUPER Immune System:

1. Drink at least 1 gal of water per day - more if you are in the sun or sweat a lot
2. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night
3. Sleep in a dust/dander free enviroment (clean your room that you sleep in often, and change your pillowcases at least once per week!!)
4. Gargle with Salt Water twice a day (morning and night) and also throw in some Listerine at least once per day to gargle with.
5. Try to eat less gluten foods (gluten has been linked to a lot of immune problems in certain people, if you get sick a lot it's a good idea to try to steer clear of gluten) - use google to find gluten free foods.
6. Eat every 2-3 hours and exercise at least 30-45 minutes EVERY day.
7. Try using a Neti Pot (you can buy one online or at walgreens/walmart) - they look sort of like a "magic lamp" that a genie would pop out of, but you fill it with warm salt water and pour it into one of your nostrils with your head tilted the other way, causing the warm stream of water to irrigate your sinuses and come out the other side. Do half a pot for each nostril. Follow all instructions that come with the netipot - but using plain Sea Salt + Warm Tap Water is fine...don't use the neti-salt they want you to buy, it's a rip off. However the netipot itself is great and works wonders...I highly recommend this.
8. Follow the supplement guide below 100%

Supplement Guide

Week 1 - Take NOW! Vitamin D 5,000 IU 2x a day (morning and night), take NOW! Vitamin C 1,000mg 4x a day (once every 4 hours), take NOW! Adam multivitamin 2x a day (1x morning 1x night), take NOW! Immune Renew 1x a day (afternoons), take NOW! Antioxidants 2x (right after an intense workout or physical activity).

Week 2 and ON - Do everything else the same except reduce Vitamin D to a total of 5,000 IU per day 1x (once in the morning). Keep all other supplement dosages the same.

continue this supplement pattern for the weeks to come and see if you get results....if you still constantly get sick, we will go from there. Although I am confident that this will make you see a huge positive change. I have met a lot of people with terrible immune systems and I've put them on this plan and every single one of them has not been sick ONCE since....one of them has been cold/flu free for 2 years now.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 29 2010 12:19pm
Gold: 3.38
Jul 29 2010 12:16pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 29 2010 10:07am)
depends....but generally during solid bulking cycles cardio is to be avoided....If you absolutely wanted to do some cardio on off days, I'd recommend swimming which can have an anabolic effect, rather than catabolic effect.

During lean bulks how much cardio would you recommend?
Jul 29 2010 12:24pm
Quote (Mesonychid @ Jul 29 2010 02:16pm)
During lean bulks how much cardio would you recommend?

15 minutes every day POST workout. Besides that, nothing else.

The 15 minutes post workout help burn off about 100-200 cal of fat (depending on your level of HIIT) past whatever your anaerobic weight training did....which at the end of the week is 500/700-1000/1400 cals worth of fat per week which is as much as 1/2 lb of fat. If you do any more than that though you risk your body burning up muscle and lean mass along with the fat which will hinder your progress.

The only way to burn fat and reduce muscle wasting (even build new muscle) is through the anabolic diet (basically keto with carb day 1x per week and cheat day 1x per 2 weeks)...however this severely limits your strength gains compared with a full bulking cycle (clean or dirty). Keep that in mind.

Bulking cycles should be enjoyed and marginal fat gain is to be expected....don't let it get to you...instead just keep the future cutting cycle in mind and go from there. Even the best bodybuilders in the world look like bloated horses on off season...look at jay cutler, markus ruhl, ronnie coleman, dexter jackson, etc. Off Season they look like pigs with smooth muscles all around and FLabs (FLabs is the humorous term given to abs that have become flabby with fat surrounding them)
Gold: 293.30
Jul 29 2010 01:13pm
So due to my jaw surgery I am wired shut but am now able to drink thicker drinks as I have the feeling in my face a bit more.

Was wonder if you had any sort of recommended mixtures/drinks to up my calorie intake as my calories along with everything else has decreased as I cannot eat food.
Jul 29 2010 01:47pm
Quote (Zark @ Jul 29 2010 03:13pm)
So due to my jaw surgery I am wired shut but am now able to drink thicker drinks as I have the feeling in my face a bit more.

Was wonder if you had any sort of recommended mixtures/drinks to up my calorie intake as my calories along with everything else has decreased as I cannot eat food.

you can try any of the good MRP's like

Optimum Nutrition Meal Replacement

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/mrp.html

or

Cytosport Muscle Milk

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/milk.html

either way is a good way to go, it will help you keep you properly fed (nutritionally)
Gold: 700.00
Jul 29 2010 03:10pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 29 2010 01:15pm)
follow my exact instructions below:

General Rules For SUPER Immune System:

1. Drink at least 1 gal of water per day - more if you are in the sun or sweat a lot
2. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night
3. Sleep in a dust/dander free enviroment (clean your room that you sleep in often, and change your pillowcases at least once per week!!)
4. Gargle with Salt Water twice a day (morning and night) and also throw in some Listerine at least once per day to gargle with.
5. Try to eat less gluten foods (gluten has been linked to a lot of immune problems in certain people, if you get sick a lot it's a good idea to try to steer clear of gluten) - use google to find gluten free foods.
6. Eat every 2-3 hours and exercise at least 30-45 minutes EVERY day.
7. Try using a Neti Pot (you can buy one online or at walgreens/walmart) - they look sort of like a "magic lamp" that a genie would pop out of, but you fill it with warm salt water and pour it into one of your nostrils with your head tilted the other way, causing the warm stream of water to irrigate your sinuses and come out the other side. Do half a pot for each nostril. Follow all instructions that come with the netipot - but using plain Sea Salt + Warm Tap Water is fine...don't use the neti-salt they want you to buy, it's a rip off. However the netipot itself is great and works wonders...I highly recommend this.
8. Follow the supplement guide below 100%

Supplement Guide

Week 1 - Take NOW! Vitamin D 5,000 IU 2x a day (morning and night), take NOW! Vitamin C 1,000mg 4x a day (once every 4 hours), take NOW! Adam multivitamin 2x a day (1x morning 1x night), take NOW! Immune Renew 1x a day (afternoons), take NOW! Antioxidants 2x (right after an intense workout or physical activity).

Week 2 and ON - Do everything else the same except reduce Vitamin D to a total of 5,000 IU per day 1x (once in the morning). Keep all other supplement dosages the same.

continue this supplement pattern for the weeks to come and see if you get results....if you still constantly get sick, we will go from there. Although I am confident that this will make you see a huge positive change. I have met a lot of people with terrible immune systems and I've put them on this plan and every single one of them has not been sick ONCE since....one of them has been cold/flu free for 2 years now.

i <3 you

will start supplement guide and working on general rules i will give you updates on it
Gold: 1,955.00
Jul 29 2010 04:34pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 25 2010 11:20pm)
of course =)

go right ahead and post up exactly what you currently use, your bodyweight/height and bf%, and what your goals will be with the new diet I will modify for you.

BW = 200-205
BF% is probably around 12-14...I want to get back down to 10%.

My current diet I've been doing has been like this

7am - 5 egg whites/2 whole eggs
3 pieces of brownberry double protein bread (toasted)

10 am - 1.5 cans of tuna
1 TBSP Miracle whip
2 pieces of brownberry double protein bread

12:30 pm - 7oz ground beef or ground turkey (I found out recently I could get ground turkey VERY cheap compared to beef, it's usually been the other way around) but I know bodybuilders need beef to feel "full" as they call it.

3:30 pm - 7oz chicken
8oz potato

post workout shake around 6 or 6:30 pm - consists of 40g protein and 60 g waxy maize

1-1.5 hrs later I eat 7oz chicken, sometimes I have a salad or some green veggie with it.

around 10 pm I have a 40g casein shake with 1 TBSP natural peanut butter

This is for off-season bulking, I just don't want to get too fat ( I feel like I am already ) lol
working out 5 days a week, 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off, etc...

Also could I do fasted cardio too? I can probably do it on the weekends, when I did it I drank a 40g protein shake about an hour before...did 30 mins on the treadmill then ate my meal right after. Let me know how this would work out. :)

Oh and how much cardio should I be doing post-workouts? I've been doing it for 20-30 mins.

This post was edited by cseitz71690 on Jul 29 2010 04:35pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14684694704714722039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll