d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev12702712722732742039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 360.00
Jan 6 2010 10:27am
Raynor, Just have a simple quick question for you. After doing 5 sets of 6 on my main lefts such as bench press or squats, should my alternative lifts such as db curls, shrugs, reverse curls be the same? Or 3 sets of 10, or otherwise.. I dunno lol.

My lifting teacher last year told me to do sets of 10 for some reason on the alternate ones.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 6 2010 02:16pm
Quote (Kiston @ Jan 5 2010 11:46pm)
what kind of results in what kind of time frame have u gotten with taking a EC stack with a good diet and neg calorie diet?

EC stacks are very useful....with proper diet, exercise, and so forth you can expect to see approx 1-1.5 lbs a week extra fat loss
Jan 6 2010 02:18pm
Quote (Honestly @ Jan 6 2010 11:54am)
I know I been asking all these questions like you're my big bro but here's UNO mas

what do you think about prefatigue?
Killing tri before you be ch press
killing bicep before back

for some reason it would seem that the intended target would pick up thr workload, is this assumption correct?

pre-fatigue is bad for anything other than pure fat loss. Do not try this as part of a hemovascular routine.
killing triceps before chest and killing bis before back is no good. This prevents you from lifting as much total weight. Granted, this will "allegedly" focus all weight on the chest- this simply isn't true by a matter of physics. You are still using your arms and its transferring through your triceps or biceps and thus over-fatiguing them and causing damage, negative gains, and so forth. The only time this doesn't apply is with a strong anabolic steroid and GH which I do NOT recommend.
Gold: 1,551.68
Jan 6 2010 02:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 6 2010 02:18pm)
pre-fatigue is bad for anything other than pure fat loss. Do not try this as part of a hemovascular routine.
killing triceps before chest and killing bis before back is no good. This prevents you from lifting as much total weight. Granted, this will "allegedly" focus all weight on the chest- this simply isn't true by a matter of physics. You are still using your arms and its transferring through your triceps or biceps and thus over-fatiguing them and causing damage, negative gains, and so forth. The only time this doesn't apply is with a strong anabolic steroid and GH which I do NOT recommend.

very interesting. What do steroids do exactly that let's you work seemingly past exauhstion?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 6 2010 11:00pm
I am a 15 year old freshman, I have been in football and wrestling the past 3 years and have been weight lifting 3-4 days a week for the last 2 and a 1/2 months. I weigh roughly 160 and I am 5'9" I bench 145 X 2 squat 180 X3 power clean 110. I have been just lifting in my gym after school, but my football coach informed me about a work out called vertical explosion. I thought it was a great idea, it gave a really detailed workout schedule and different work outs and also how to do them. They had information on stretching and warm ups. The problem is I want to build muscle and gain speed. I want to do like a 3/3 on speed and strength days. I don't need any information on diet but if you recommend any substances please let me know. I am currently taking GNC whey protein after I work out. If you could I would like a 7 day week workout schedule I could do every week. With a mix of speed and strength workouts. Any cooldown or warmup exercises and any tips for losing fat. I wouldn't call myself fat i would say that I just have fat. Thank you. Also I smoke cigs and weed, but I don't eat a lot of junk food, or healthy food for that matter.
Jan 7 2010 12:24am
Quote (Kiston @ Jan 5 2010 11:46pm)
what kind of results in what kind of time frame have u gotten with taking a EC stack with a good diet and neg calorie diet?

Breakfast 6:30
5 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup oats
1 banana

Meal 2 10:00
Muscle Milk + NOW! 100% Whey Isolate shake (1 scoop of each)
2 oz almonds

Meal 3 12:00
2x Chicken breast
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup broccoli, salad, or other green veggie

Meal 4 pre workout 3:00
1 can tuna
1 cup whole grain pasta or 1 cup brown rice
+5g creatine miixed with grape juice
+10g BCAA

+5g arginine/ornithine (pre workout and post meal (at least 1 hr after eating and pre workout)

Post workout
40g Whey Protein Isolate w/ 1 Banana or 1 cup fruit juice
+5g arginine/ornithine
+10g BCAA

Meal 6 7:00
Lean meat (pork tenderloin/chicken/steak/ground beef) w/ olive oil
1 cup Green Veggies
1 handful mixed nuts

Meal 7 - pre-bedtime
1 cup cottage cheese

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 7 2010 12:24am
Jan 7 2010 12:26am
Quote (knoxri @ Jan 6 2010 12:27pm)
Raynor, Just have a simple quick question for you. After doing 5 sets of 6 on my main lefts such as bench press or squats, should my alternative lifts such as db curls, shrugs, reverse curls be the same? Or 3 sets of 10, or otherwise.. I dunno lol.

My lifting teacher last year told me to do sets of 10 for some reason on the alternate ones.

reps are not necessary...you need to go until failure.

for stength training, pyramid up as heavy as you can go for 1-2 reps unassisted (also doing negative reps)
for bodybuilding training, pyramid up then back down failing each set.

for a better idea...you can do alternating lifts with as many reps as you can handle comfortably with medium-heavy weight.

I realize this is kinda vague, but its the best I can give you with what you've told me
Gold: 0.00
Jan 7 2010 12:27am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 7 2010 06:24am)
Breakfast  6:30
5 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup oats
1 banana

Meal 2    10:00
Muscle Milk + NOW! 100% Whey Isolate shake (1 scoop of each)
2 oz almonds

Meal 3  12:00
2x Chicken breast
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup broccoli, salad, or other green veggie

Meal 4 pre workout 3:00
1 can tuna
1 cup whole grain pasta or 1 cup brown rice
+5g creatine miixed with grape juice
+10g BCAA

+5g arginine/ornithine (pre workout and post meal (at least 1 hr after eating and pre workout)

Post workout
40g Whey Protein Isolate w/ 1 Banana or 1 cup fruit juice
+5g arginine/ornithine
+10g BCAA

Meal 6  7:00
Lean meat (pork tenderloin/chicken/steak/ground beef) w/ olive oil
1 cup Green Veggies
1 handful mixed nuts

Meal 7 - pre-bedtime
1 cup cottage cheese

what happen to meal 5
Jan 7 2010 12:28am
Quote (Honestly @ Jan 6 2010 04:38pm)
very interesting. What do steroids do exactly that let's you work seemingly past exauhstion?

excellent question.

the Steroids don't make you work PAST exhaustion, that's what the GH is for. GH encourages supreme recovery, so you are able to work out past your normal limits and have gains despite what would previously be over training. As for steroids, that will also amplify your gains regardless of muscle exhaustion. Essentially the steroid+GH stack will yield positive results even under exhaustion conditions.
Jan 7 2010 12:37am
Quote (SOMETIMES_I_ON_TUESDAYS_I_MASTER @ Jan 7 2010 01:00am)
I am a 15 year old freshman, I have been in football and wrestling the past 3 years and have been weight lifting 3-4 days a week for the last 2 and a 1/2 months. I weigh roughly 160 and I am 5'9" I bench 145 X 2 squat 180 X3 power clean 110. I have been just lifting in my gym after school, but my football coach informed me about a work out called vertical explosion. I thought it was a great idea, it gave a really detailed workout schedule and different work outs and also how to do them. They had information on stretching and warm ups. The problem is I want to build muscle and gain speed. I want to do like a 3/3 on speed and strength days. I don't need any information on diet but if you recommend any substances please let me know. I am currently taking GNC whey protein after I work out. If you could I would like a 7 day week workout schedule I could do every week. With a mix of speed and strength workouts. Any cooldown or warmup exercises and any tips for losing fat. I wouldn't call myself fat i would say that I just have fat. Thank you. Also I smoke cigs and weed, but I don't eat a lot of junk food, or healthy food for that matter.

supplements:

Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine (5g / day)
NOW! Adam Multivitamin (2x a day)
GAT Jet Fuel (2-3 pills in the morning or before exercise)
NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (wake up, pre workout, post bedtime)

Do not work out 7 days a week. You need 1 day to recover. Work out 6 days a week instead.

also here is a good schedule:

Mon - chest
Tues - back
Weds - shoulders
thurs - legs
fri - arms
sat - abs/calves/forearms

every day do 45 mins of cardio right after training.

for exercises, stick to major exercises and do them with explosive technique

example: bench press, deadlifts, shrugs, lat raises, squats, olympic bar curls, dips, tricep pulldowns, skullcrushers, hanging leg raises, etc etc
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12702712722732742039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll